Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Ive had my SXK for about week now. Ended up going back to my Cthulhu MTL yesterday though. The atty itself is pretty awesome, and the airflow wide open wasn't THAT much different so I kept it going for a week. The problem I did have with it is, it doesn't seem to like heavy VG juice. My DIY mix is 70/30 and it seems like the Prime cant keep up with it. I have the juice control open a full four turns, and you can see it wick and bubble when its first opened, but after a few vapes, it'll start to dry hit and you have to prime it to get it to wick again. Who knows could be my wicking though. I just did it like you would any other Kayfun. Just trimmed the tails so they hit the bottom of the wells, and spread em out so it was full. Still every 3 or 4 vapes, gotta prime it before it'll go again.. Build wise, mine seems fine. All the parts and threads go together nice and smoothly. JFC is fine, and less wobbly than the KF5 when its opened for thicker juice. AFC ring works great, I love the nice VISIBLE markers on it (I never even noticed the KF5 had them until a couple days ago). No bad o-rings or any trouble taking it apart/filling/building. Probably ordering a Zeus or Zeus Dual tomorrow though.

Reactions: stols001

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
No problem on SXK Prime #11 o-ring is interesting news. Using 60/40 rarely got a dry hit and 1 1/2 full turns is about the max I ever used. Put it away though, just like the Ulton Prime slightly better. Really liking the V5 with the restrictor but it's weeping juice from the bottom. Now that I think of it, I was getting some dry hits before and I don't remember it weeping like it is now. Could it be wicking? Would the problem go away with the SMJY V5? I've spent enough on clones I could of paid for an original, lol. There is a unique taste difference between my KF's and Siren V2's. Can't really say better, but different. But they're (KF's) just a pita. I wish the Siren would make a version without paint, but beyond that it's hard to find fault with them.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
My V5 (a Tobeco clone) has always 'weeped' at the bottom. There is always a little bit of juice on the 510 connector on my mod, and the bottom of the tank, when I take it off. I don't think its the wicking though, these things are dead simple to wick. I think its just the airflow system in it. It doesn't leak from the air holes, so it wouldn't be wicking, it comes out of the 510 area I think. I didnt get any weeping or leaking at all with the Prime.

My Zeus Dual showed up this afternoon, just waiting for it to dry off. Hopefully my days of leaks and seeping are over hehe.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Put it away though, just like the Ulton Prime slightly better.

Is the Ulton Prime available? I have the impression that it is no longer available. And between the SXK and the YFTK, the YFTK is better made. Is this correct?

I've spent enough on clones I could of paid for an original, lol.

I'm tempted to just order an authentic prime but they are out of stock everywhere in the USA.

I wish the Siren would make a version without paint...

Yes!!! I hate the trend that companies paint or plate everything. But I guess color sells. Bare, long lasting, non chipping, stainless steel please!!!

So far I love my Galaxies RDTA (Aside from the gold plated deck but the rest is bare steel). By comparison, the Prime seems more fiddly... actually, any RTA seems fiddly by comparison. But the Prime is such an elegant design and so well regarded that I really want to try it.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Is the Ulton Prime available? I have the impression that it is no longer available. And between the SXK and the YFTK, the YFTK is better made. Is this correct?

I'm tempted to just order an authentic prime but they are out of stock everywhere in the USA.

Yes!!! I hate the trend that companies paint or plate everything. But I guess color sells. Bare, long lasting, non chipping, stainless steel please!!!

So far I love my Galaxies RDTA (Aside from the gold plated deck but the rest is bare steel). By comparison, the Prime seems more fiddly... actually, any RTA seems fiddly by comparison. But the Prime is such an elegant design and so well regarded that I really want to try it.

Bummer, it's on "Arrival Notice", no telling if and when it will arrive.

Ulton KF Prime 22mm 316SS Rebuildable Tank Atomizer w/4.5ml Extension Kit (Logo Version) - Silver

For about $126 including shipping (to the U.S.) you can get an authentic prime from Crème de Vape. If you want the extension kit it is $15.25 more (yikes).

Kayfun Prime RTA by SvoeMesto - Creme de Vape

I don't know anything about the YFTK, the SXK after changing the #11 o-ring seems almost as good, not positive because I liked the Ulton better and just packed the SXK away.

I've heard the SMJY 22mm V5 is good, the V5 has a bigger deck and you can just get the authentic restrictor kit if you want a tighter draw.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
As I have said before, the SJMY is the best V5 that I have ever seen. You absolutely will not be disappointed.

@TraderX...

Is that the 22mm version of the SJMY KF V5?

If so, is there any resistance or does the JFC glide when adjusting, open or close?

My Ulton Prime really glides but also doesn't have leak problems. But my vaping desires recently changed and it has become to restricted for me.

Ulton doesn't make a 22mm V5.

I pulled out both my SXK and Lie Feng V5's, I even put authentic O-rings in them, but still get too much resistance (when turning them) in both the JFC and taking off the top cap.

But they are both giving me the higher air flow I now desire.

Last edited:

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
Yes, it is indeed the 22mm version. I am enjoying some very nice Inawera Dark for Pipe in the SJMY Kayfun V5 now as we speak!

The SJMY Kayfun V5 is as as smooth as silk on the juice flow control. I have 3 of them and they are all excellent, of course I know this is just a small sample. Many others concur that the SJMY is the best machined Kayfun V5 in 22mm, so chances are you will not be disappointed.

I have never found anything made by SXK to be done poorly however. Kayfuns love lubrication as you know. Have you heavily lubed the SXK unit with VG, not just juice? That is surprising the SXK unit is still so difficult to work with.

Eventually, most vapers, some sooner than others, all want just a touch more air. I swore it would never happen, but like you, I had to move up to the Kayfun V5. You have chosen a great RTA my friend. Superior flavor with a touch more air.

ps--3FVape is having a quick 5% off sale right now if anyone needs the SJMY unit or anything else.

Last edited:

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Yes, it is indeed the 22mm version. I am enjoying some very nice Inawera Dark for Pipe in the SJMY Kayfun V5 now as we speak!

The SJMY Kayfun V5 is as as smooth as silk on the juice flow control. I have 3 of them and they are all excellent, of course I know this is just a small sample. Many others concur that the SJMY is the best machined Kayfun V5 in 22mm, so chances are you will not be disappointed.

I have never found anything made by SXK to be done poorly however. Kayfuns love lubrication as you know. Have you heavily lubed the SXK unit with VG, not just juice? That is surprising the SXK unit is still so difficult to work with.

Eventually, most vapers, some sooner than others, all want just a touch more air. I swore it would never happen, but like you, I had to move up to the Kayfun V5. You have chosen a great RTA my friend. Superior flavor with a touch more air.

ps--3FVape is having a quick 5% off sale right now if anyone needs the SJMY unit or anything else.

Yeah, the SXK got both lubed and authentic rings. Still the JFC is a little tight. The SXK Prime was definitely better in that area, it needed to be lubed more often then the Ulton for some reason, but after you lubed it, it adjusted smoothly.

Going to the U.S. in a couple of weeks, anyone know if customs is tagging small packages over the tariffs?

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I am sorry to hear about those SXK V5 units. I hope the old SXK quality isn't slipping.

The tariffs are supposed to start on September 24, 2018. Some people are saying that the tariffs will only be enforced on $100+ orders from China. I do hope these people are correct.

The truth is that no one has any clue what is really going to happen until the 24th.

Last edited:

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Good catch!

cnhd.JPG

No idea if they will be working Thursday and Friday.

Are they compensated for working Thursday and Friday by having Saturday and Sunday off?
Or are they off Thursday and Friday and compensate it by working Saturday and Sunday?

But based on this past experience, they'll be useless for 2 to 3 weeks (If we're lucky).

cny.JPG

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
I had a basket of stuff loaded at Fasttech because I'm going to be in the U.S. next month for a few weeks. To order from the Philippines from FT you would be forced to have a peso PayPal account and also give PayPal access to your peso bank account. PayPal then charges 4% or more on the exchange rate back to dollars. I already pay to transfer dollar to peso. It just is not worth it.

I was going to have stuff sent from FT to the U.S. and just use my CC, but after getting screwed by 3F I decided not to risk it.

That is what I really like about AE, they take my CC anywhere in the world. If there is any problems they make it right. If there is money due to me, they return it to my CC. None of this voucher Bull. If the seller hasn't shipped it, you can cancel. If the item does not reach you by the delivery time, they refund you. I have had problems with shipping, sellers and products and have always been able to settle it. Some of the sellers can be a pain, sometimes you have to open a dispute. But it has always worked out.

If someone on AE was selling the SMJY I would of purchased it there. 3F seems to be the only one carrying it. I made the mistake of adding onto the order, so compounded my mistake.

BuyBest greyed out delivery to the Philippines, so I can't buy from them direct here and their EVOLVs are not as discounted as a couple of weeks ago. Last night I was looking for a one battery EVOLV. Saw a HC Nano VT75 for $62 with coupon on AE, HC VT75 C $72 with coupon (but not in silver or black), then saw a Mirage for $84 (not crazy about Mirage, but I want a single batt EVOLV, I love my Primo's small size), but then saw a Paranormal for $94...… It wasn't what I was looking for, I already have 3, but $94.....

Not sure if BuyBest is the one fulfilling it this time or not....

I did order an Ulton Typhoon GT 4 from 2F, before my problem with 3F, I got my Ulton Prime from them and that has been the smoothest KF clone I have gotten yet. I just hope it arrives in the U.S. before I leave, bad timing on the Chinese vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread