Now they are talking about banning refillable systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm watching the Congressional hearings now. They are talking about an emergency total ban of all vape products. All that is missing is a date that it will take place.

If you need anything vape related, you better order it in the next couple of days. US suppliers are not going to be ordering new product after hearing this news. Once supplies are out of stock....that's all folks.

Personally, I'm pretty well stocked with nic and replacement coils. I'll probably buy some quantity of my favorite commercial flavored juice, and maybe another mech. The end is upon us, folks.
Great. I'll watch that later if it's posted. While lying down next to a puke bucket (I am sick, and this will make me sicker).

Guess I should think about whether or not I need anything. Don't think so though, but time to give it some serious though.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
When ya consider how much has been invested in Juul, something like $13 Billion, it would seem pretty obvious what direction things are heading. That's a lot of spondoolies even for them with lots of spondoolies. They are confident. Sure Juul has attracted some/a lot, of unwanted negative attention recently but they can survive that by adjusting their model.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
In 1989 I bought a 72 cutlas 350 rocket for $700. Only needed a tune up & tires. As time went on I got a great deal on new interior & metallic paint job. Suddenly I was getting offers all over the place including cops who would stop me just to look at the car or try to buy it.

It got wrecked insurance paid $4500. Besides the $700. I put maybe $900 into the car

My point.. With a closed pod world.. Our rebuildable equipment will gain value over time.. It will be like an expensive imported cigar.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
In 1989 I bought a 72 cutlas 350 rocket for $700. Only needed a tune up & tires. As time went on I got a great deal on new interior & metallic paint job. Suddenly I was getting offers all over the place including cops who would stop me just to look at the car or try to buy it.

It got wrecked insurance paid $4500. Besides the $700. I put maybe $900 into the car

My point.. With a closed pod world.. Our rebuildable equipment will gain value over time.. It will be like an expensive imported cigar.
Only time will tell

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
But to further confuse the scene locally, there's a bad virus going around with similar symptoms to this cartridge stuff. I don't have the virus, but I do have a cold/weakened immune system so I'm a scared sloth. :danger:
Be careful

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
But to further confuse the scene locally, there's a bad virus going around with similar symptoms to this cartridge stuff. I don't have the virus, but I do have a cold/weakened immune system so I'm a scared sloth. :danger:

And it's flu season

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm taking airborne and being more germophobic than normal. Most of the staff here have the virus (or flu, it actually could be flu) so every day after they leave I wipe all the door knobs/etc down with alcohol wipes. Trying to not get sick. Going on vaca in 2 weeks so... scared sloth :nun:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm watching the Congressional hearings now. They are talking about an emergency total ban of all vape products. All that is missing is a date that it will take place.

If you need anything vape related, you better order it in the next couple of days. US suppliers are not going to be ordering new product after hearing this news. Once supplies are out of stock....that's all folks.

Personally, I'm pretty well stocked with nic and replacement coils. I'll probably buy some quantity of my favorite commercial flavored juice, and maybe another mech. The end is upon us, folks.

I have a stack of mods from various manufacturers that fill a good sized box, and enough RDA's to last a while. Still, it's probably not enough. I've ordered four new Pico 75W mods for backup, lately. One came from a vendor on Ebay and turned out to be a fake (got a refund). The other three came from FastTech a couple of days ago and hopefully they are genuine. I haven't opened them to test ... been too busy lately!

2 liters of nic in the freezer for 18 years worth of DIY unflavored juice. I'm ready, but not happy with the FDA and Government's handling of the CDB/THC debacle. 99% of vapers are doing it right. A select few have apparently ruined things for the masses of vapers.

But, when it comes to vaping vs BT, we don't contribute enough to the economy to gain the attention of government. BT is paying their way into the states and that's where members of Congress come from. So far, vaping as it was intended hasn't harmed anyone in its decade of existence. Vaping has made former smokers healthier.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Massachusetts Governor just announced a ban on sales statewide yesterday of vaping equipment, Rhode Island reportedly will follow suit.

They learned nothing from their experience with the Tea Tax and the Boston Tea Party back in 1773? :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
They learned nothing from their experience with the Tea Tax and the Boston Tea Party back in 1773? :)

Different times now. If you throw the governor into the bay you're bound to get in trouble. Especially if you share it on YouTube and Instagram. No pesky cellphones around back then to video the perpetrators.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Different times now. If you throw the governor into the bay you're bound to get in trouble. Especially if you share it on YouTube and Instagram. No pesky cellphones around back then to video the perpetrators.

Yeah... And can you Imagine the Field Day the press would have if you were dressed up as an American Indian when you did it?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure at this point, I need to go to the outside for some stuff. :lol: However, I am fairly certain that vaping as it is known today will be gone for a fairly great while. Not today. not tomorrow, but soonish.

It kind of reminds me of that part in 1984 where they put up a springboard in the area where people would suicide, unless I am totally IMAGINING that scene in that book. Every day we get a little bit higher to that springboard, which I think means "The government not only doesn't care about you, if you have gotten HERE, well, we invite you to leave."

Stopped a lot of suicides and I can see why. Vaping is getting squeezed like that. but I have (and have had) no intention of getting squeezed like that, not unless they literally get to the point of like, invading homes and raiding etc. Then, I would have to meekly comply or climb aboard that springboard, that says "The government does NOT care." It's really a horrible choice. Fortunately I AM prepared because I have not trusted the rule of law ever since I met an on duty policeman at the age of like 12. I was like, "If this is the law, I'm not interested." I thought vaping would die out for a while from the beginning. I was like, "Oh no, there is NO way the government is going to have THIS." I am honestly shocked at how long the good times lasted.

You can't "impeach the government." You can only "overthrow the government" but unfortunately our right to bear arms does not include smart bombs, tanks, and etc. We're seriously outgunned.

I mean, I would participate in a government overthrow. I do not believe it is in any way, shape or form what the founders wanted at this point. I would even be willing to DIE overthrowing the government, if I could have some sort of guarantee it would WORK. But EVERYONE would die because we don't possess the weaponry possible (I assume) to make it work.

Hence: the springboard. We try to overthrow the government and we all die and life goes on.

Bernie Sanders supports vaping if you are a single issue voter. Yeah it's Bernie but well....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread