Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Well I'm almost a month in to vaping and already looking at getting a VV. I know there are multiple threads on each, Lavatube and Provari, and I am reading those as we speak. I have narrowed it down to these two devices mainly because these are the two I've heard the most about.

What do you love and dislike about each of these models? Help me narrow it down. Thanks :vapor:

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
I have and use both. So far I love everything about the ProVari. I like the fit and finish, I like the weight, I like that it gives you the voltage that you choose.

I do like the LT as well, it gets the job done for the most part. I have two black ones and I don't like that the black finish is coming off and getting discolored. The button is very finicky and doesn't fire quite a bit. The voltage doesn't stay the same as the charge goes down.

The ProVari is a great main PV and the LT is a good/ok backup PV. My opinion.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have and use both. So far I love everything about the ProVari. I like the fit and finish, I like the weight, I like that it gives you the voltage that you choose.

I do like the LT as well, it gets the job done for the most part. I have two black ones and I don't like that the black finish is coming off and getting discolored. The button is very finicky and doesn't fire quite a bit. The voltage doesn't stay the same as the charge goes down.

The ProVari is a great main PV and the LT is a good/ok backup PV. My opinion.

What he said.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Same here. I've got an Apollo SS LT, a v1.5t, and a Provari.

You'll see a gazillion posts running on about tech specs and whatnot for all three devices and even more debating which is the best. It all boils down to personal preference though. The Apollo is nice but has an amp limit like most of the first Gen VV devices do including the V1 Provaris. This limits your choices when it comes to selecting a voltage and using a dual coil or LR stuff. The v1.5t's have a limit too, but it's set a bit higher. Currently there are a few LT variants in production that set that limit much higher.

The Provari has one of the highest limits at this time. That will probably change with the new LT variants, but no one has one yet to find out. The Provari is the costliest of the three I own. It also seems to regulate the voltage the best, meaning it gives you the same vape from start to finish. Its displayed output also matches its actual output. The LTs don't on occasion.

It depends on you really. If you like the vape at 4.2 volts with a 2 ohm single coil, you'll be fine with a V1 LT. If you want to use dual coils @1.5ohms with 3.7 v, all three versions and every last mod I own will handle that. If you want precision, the Provari. If you could care less whether a display matches the real output, but still gives a good to great vape with at least 70% of the popular carto/atty/tanks setups, the 1.5t will probably suit you.

If money is no object, and in this economy I can't imagine how it couldn't be, go with the Provari. Its a solid device backed up by a good crew. If you don't want to spend a lot and you want a device for the short term that'll perform pretty well, go with the 1.5t. If you only need a marginal bump up from standard voltage stuff, the original LT will work and be the cheapest of the three.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
If you have the available cash ProVari will never let you down.

The LavaTube is probably one of the most used mods you will find. It has probably helped keep more people off cigarettes as anything out there.

To me it is a win/win choice. I had the available cash so went down the Vari route. I was so happy I got a Mini as well and not a waking hour goes by without one or the other being within arms reach or in a pocket. More often than not sleeping hours as well but skip having pockets then.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread