Life After E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
I tried one on my 7th day analog free, on my Birthday actually just a few days ago. I didn't have any intention of actually smoking more than a small part of it and I was doing it more or less as an experiment but it tasted REALLY awful. I took 2 drags and then I tossed it. As soon as I came back in I washed my hands and face then brushed my teeth. I could still taste it slightly on my breath so then I gargled some mouthwash. I can't believe I used to smoke 30 or more of those a day. I used to love them too, it's hard to believe how nasty they are when you start to get your taste buds and smell back.

PS- I used to read posts just like mine here when I first started vaping and I was still smoking just a couple a day, and I thought maybe they were overreacting, but they really do taste that bad when you've quit for a good few days.

Oops benefits - I can breathe better, I have more energy, food tastes OMG awesome, I can smell a cigarette from over 100ft away ( is that a benefit?), I can smell people with BO or too much perfume/cologne (uh that's not a benefit at all lol) I can walk up stairs without getting out of breath, I just plain feel better.

Last edited:

OldCoot

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Possum Kingdom, S.C.
well lets see.
1. my lungs are clear, no more wheezing
2. i can smell foods cooking now couldn't before
3. i sleep all night now
4. no more analog smell on clothes or anywhere else
5. blood pressure is lower than before
6. no more coughing
7. feel better about myself
8. made a lot of new friends here
9 it's been over 2 months vaping now
10. i never looked back and never craved for a analog since i started vaping and i smoked for over 50 years
and i hope this helps you in your endeavor to be free from cigarettes, you see a lot of little changes but all of them for the better.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Great post!

I haven't had any desire at all to smoke a cigarette in the last 15 days. None. The thought alone makes me want to vomit, and I smoked Camel Lights, PAD, for 17 years. The thought of that smoke going into my mouth and then into my lungs is the most disgusting thought in the world to me right now. Am I lucky? Hell yes, I'm lucky...and happy. :) But I do keep a running list in my mind about why vaping is infinitely better than smoking, understanding that there most likely will come a day when I want to smoke.

Here are a few:

1. No more ashes all over the beautiful black leather interior of my precious VW Super Beetle.
2. I can pop the sun roof on said Beetle without forming a wind tunnel when I go to crack my side window to smoke.
3. I can take a few hits off my PV and stick it in my pocket instead of having to stand there and smoke an entire cig.
4. No stinkies...breath, hair, car, clothes...
5. More energy. OMG, do I have energy.
6. Sleep! I sleep through the night, now. And no more snoring!
7. I can smell my scented lotions and perfumes.
8. I quit smoking and didn't gain weight!! (A first for me.)
9. No cutting visits short with non-smoking relatives so I can go smoke.
10. I don't feel guilty holding other people's babies, worried that I smell like smoke.
11. My pocketbook seems to have grown. (over $7 a pack in Wisconsin)
12. I can pair juice with foods and beverages. (Vanilla is kick-a** with Margaritas, btw)
13. I can vape away on my sofa, cuddled up in my favorite blanket. (I didn't smoke in my house)
14. I don't have to stand outside in the freezing cold winter weather anymore.
15. No more feeling like a leper doing the above.
16. OMG, I could go on and on and on...

:)

lilsheba

Aug 19, 2010
Portland OR
I agree with everyone.....it's been great. I have money, I don't stink, I feel so much better. My blood pressure hasn't gone down yet but oh well. I tried a cig here and there since I started vaping and can't finish them they taste awful. I really can't believe I smoked so many of those things for so long. Vaping is so much more fun and tasty. And I too am enjoying being able to do it on my couch or anywhere in my house. I no longer have to go outside.....which in the summer wasn't so bad but in the winter with the rain and cold no thanks I won't miss that. I just keep my e cig in my pocket and have it handy whenever I want a hit. It's been weird just hitting it whenever instead of having that finite amount of cig time but I'm getting used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread