Listen to Rush Limbaugh right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Extended exposure to Fox News makes voters stupid, university study finds. Here is the link: Extended exposure to Fox News makes voters stupid, university study finds | Raw Story

You can NOT be serious... The supposed "study" you link to (on this Prog blog) has determined that the following are some of Fox's "lies"
*That the economy is getting worse
*That Obamacare will cost an a$$load of money
*That there may be some cause to wonder about The Won's background
*That Global Warming might just be a big hoax (given all that "hide the decline" stuff the Warmers were saying to each other when they thought no one was reading)...

I mean, come on, man. Have you been tested for the DRD4 mutation yet?

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
You can NOT be serious... The supposed "study" you link to (on this Prog blog) has determined that the following are some of Fox's "lies"
*That the economy is getting worse
*That Obamacare will cost an a$$load of money
*That there may be some cause to wonder about The Won's background
*That Global Warming might just be a big hoax (given all that "hide the decline" stuff the Warmers were saying to each other when they thought no one was reading)...

I mean, come on, man. Have you been tested for the DRD4 mutation yet?

I didn't even pay it any mind as it said Univ of MD and MD has already been discussed in this very thread!

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I will say this about Fox news, they were the only ones that gave the flood in TN this May any "real" coverage and I know for a fact that's true cause I was an eye witness and don't get me started about "global warming" because it snowed here (where Al Gore is) a couple of days ago which is rare to have snow in TN in December.

You're right Kimber, the MSM barely broached the subject. My daughter lives in Nashville and I was in shock when she sent me pictures taken by her and her friend. It was devastating and they still have not recovered. Fox is faithful to keep us informed on the things the other side deems non news worthy. I'm glad you came through it okay.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
The Raw Story is nothing more than a Liberal Blog and skewed the result of the study, of course.

If you go and link to the true "study" that was "published" by World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland.

Here's what they said, in short. Read it well. They didn't say that Fox News viewers were "dumber" than other station's viewers/listeners...in fact, they mention Fox, MSNBC, NPR and PBS (three of which are Liberal stations) as ALL being responsible for listeners misinformation on SOME issues. They didn't mention the other news sources, and the study is very incomplete.:

In most cases those who had greater levels of exposure to news sources had lower levels of misinformation. There were, however, a number of cases where greater exposure to a particular news source increased misinformation on some issues.

Those who watched Fox News almost daily were significantly more likely than those who never watched it to believe that most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses (12 points more likely), most economists have estimated the health care law will worsen the deficit (31 points), the economy is getting worse (26 points), most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring (30 points), the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts (14 points), their own income taxes have gone up (14 points), the auto bailout only occurred under Obama (13 points), when TARP came up for a vote most Republicans opposed it (12 points) and that it is not clear that Obama was born in the United States (31 points). The effect was also not simply a function of partisan bias, as people who voted Democratic and watched Fox News were also more likely to have such misinformation than those who did not watch it--though by a lesser margin than those who voted Republican.

There were cases with some other news sources as well. Daily consumers of MSNBC and public broadcasting (NPR and PBS) were higher (34 points and 25 points respectively) in believing that it was proven that the US Chamber of Commerce was spending money raised from foreign sources to support Republican candidates. Daily watchers of network TV news broadcasts were 12 points higher in believing that TARP was signed into law by President Obama, and 11 points higher in believing that most Republicans oppose TARP.

Here's the link to the study itself....

Voters Say Election Full of Misleading and False Information - World Public Opinion

So...not only is "The Raw Story" misinforming it's readers (notice it only linked the PDF to the questions and answers for the survey and not the full report), it's pure leftist BS.

Last edited:

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
You're right Kimber, the MSM barely broached the subject. My daughter lives in Nashville and I was in shock when she sent me pictures taken by her and her friend. It was devastating and they still have not recovered. Fox is faithful to keep us informed on the things the other side deems non news worthy. I'm glad you came through it okay.

Thank you. I hope your daughter is getting through this ok. It will take a long time to recover. A lot of people lost everything. Some lost their lives...

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
You wanna meet a real hillbilly, you come to WV. We'll drink beer, shoot guns, cook bbq, and ride 4 wheelers,and drink beer(in that order). Don't insult us by calling her a hillbilly. She's just a rich person that happens to live in the woods lol.

If I ever get out your way, I'd be happy to stop by and do all of those fun things - in any order you choose. Don't you think, though, that we ought to shoot the guns before we drink the beer. I'd feel a lot safer that way.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
I'm beginning to feel like the person that kicked the hornet's nest. How about switching the subject for a while to the Wasilla Hillbilly. That ought to keep this thread going for another day or two.

Wait! Aren't you the one who linked that ridiculous blog? Talk about "dumbing down". Sheesh!! You really read that stuff? LOL

Anyway...Fox at night is definitely NOT news. Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity and even Greta don't pretend to be news programs. They say it ALL the time. They're opinion shows. None denies it.

Fox News is the channel they're on..nothing more.

During the day, they're very balanced. Daytime Fox News is a news channel. As is the show at 6pm hosted by Bret Baier. I've seen all of the true news anchors go out of their way to not express their own political opinions. They do have guests from both sides on, and let those guests battle it out...they stay neutral. However, at night...it's a different story.

And, they're all very popular, as the ratings show, whereas MSNBC, and CNN are so bad that even the Left doesn't want to watch them! :)

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
We can log onto ecf under the same screen name. Ubabanjo. Share post in the outside. Really throw people for a loop.

Good idea. We could share all of the fun, and you could share in all the c..p that has been shoveled in my direction by those who take this stuff far too seriously.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
That's not true. Msnbc is the low man on the pole. Cnn on the other hand is as reliable as any others imo. It's all the same people!! Same stuff different channel. Once again. Someone go onto all of their websites RIGHT now and prove me wrong. I'll be here til this six pack is gone, so take your time.

Ardeagold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Maryland
That's not true. Msnbc is the low man on the pole. Cnn on the other hand is as reliable as any others imo. It's all the same people!! Same stuff different channel. Once again. Someone go onto all of their websites RIGHT now and prove me wrong. I'll be here til this six pack is gone, so take your time.

I wasn't referring to content, I was referring to ratings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread