Rush Limbaugh Touts Benefits of E Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good exposure for us, hell yes.

I'm assuming "Sweet, e-cigs just got positive airtime rather than getting bashed" would be too much. Can we cut the racism/political crap for one lousy thread please? Good grief. =P

..............I think I've been hanging out OUTSIDE for too long.

Reality is everywhere not just in the OUTSIDE. :?:

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
lol yeah menthol or whatever for the brothers..

I had no idea what he even meant by that statement until I read a few responses to the sound bite, :facepalm:. The way he said it sounded endearing to me so I just thought he was talking about his "man club" lol! I can see how that statement stirred up a bit of a hornets nest, so I decided to google "do black people smoke menthols" and was surprised to find a lot of pages about this query. I know in these politically correct days, making any statement about any race can be seen as "racist", however "White men can't jump" could also be seen as racist, but for some reason it wasn't taken like that.
Here's an article that says that 75% of black people smoke menthols...just a fact maybe and not racist at all?
The Great Debate: Clearing the Smoke – Menthol Cigarettes and Young Black America

Last edited:

Lab

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2009
Indiana
e-cigdecals.weebly.com
a lot of woman smoke menthols too.. he should of said menthol for the ladies..

I drive through area that is 90% african american population a lot.. and if you go to the gas stations you can buy single smokes.. only menthol though..

out of all the ppl i know.. all the black ppl i know smoke menthol, only 1 white guy I know does and out of the girls be around 50% menthol..

I took it more as a general observation than racist remark..

and its good to see them on tv positively .. soon they will hit movies.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Yes he did and in typical Rush Limbaugh racist fashion. I'm sure he has been compensated for having those link on his site. He doesn't do anything unless there is $$$ involved.:2c:

Yup! When you spend millions to bring a show to fruition you have to have advertisers to pay the costs. He's making money or he wouldn't mention Ecigs. That's fine. Paul Harvey is probably the most famous broadcaster who used "I use it" type sponsorship on network radio.

Last edited:

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I can tell you that he was not compensated for the links on the site. At least not from volcano. For the other e-cig company he mentioned who knows.

Yup! When you spend millions to bring a show to fruition you have to have advertisers to pay the costs. He's making money or he wouldn't mention Ecigs. That's fine. Paul Harvey is probably the most famous broadcaster who used "I use it" type sponsorship on network radio.

Have you checked out ismokeeverywhere.org, looks like they sell in mall kiosks and the product doesn't look that great...a little pricey + I really don't like the name...vaping is NOT smoking. Glad rush found Volcano ecig....we need to send him some more great PVs....so he can get better aquainted...
I doubt he's getting paid to promote the e cig...with his health issues and the fact that he is addicted to nicotine..always talks about his cigars on his show, he is most likely trying to find a better NRT option...BINGO, he found one!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
It's been all over the news for several months about the FDA trying to ban menthol and the "racial implications" of how it would effect the African American smokers.

FDA reviewing whether to ban menthol cigarettes - washingtonpost.com

Even the Washington Post wrote about it. Rush could hardly be ignorant of the statistics in relation to menthol and African Americans - they prefer menthol 3-to-1. It's established fact. It's not like he made a crack about "watermelon flavor for the brothers." THAT would have been racist. Good thing he didn't add that they "come in pink for the ladies." NOW would have been up in arms, too. Pleeze.

Last edited:

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I got so excited when I heard him discussing e-cigs on his show! I'm not the least bit ashamed to say that Rush, Hannity and Glenn Beck are my heros. Anyone who thinks Rush is racist just doesn't know him very well. His sidekick, Snerdley is black. The libs do their best to paint him as a racist/hater but his fans know better. One thing you have to know about Rush is, he baits the liberal media just to watch them take it hook, line and sinker and then he has the last laugh. I wanted to call the show to tell him about ECF but it's impossible to get through. We could send him emails to thank him for helping our cause. His email addy is elrushbo@eib.net He has the platform and the power to really help us out if the government does something stupid. This is the best thing I've heard in a long time. Rush is our friend.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
it's been all over the news for several months about the fda trying to ban menthol and the "racial implications" of how it would effect the african american smokers.

fda reviewing whether to ban menthol cigarettes - washingtonpost.com

even the washington post wrote about it. Rush could hardly be ignorant of the statistics in relation to menthol and african americans - they prefer menthol 3-to-1. It's established fact. It's not like he made a crack about "watermelon flavor for the brothers." that would have been racist. Good thing he didn't add that they "come in pink for the ladies." now would have been up in arms, too. Pleeze.

lol......................

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
It's been all over the news for several months about the FDA trying to ban menthol and the "racial implications" of how it would effect the African American smokers.

Even the Washington Post wrote about it. Rush could hardly be ignorant of the statistics in relation to menthol and African Americans - they prefer menthol 3-to-1. It's established fact. It's not like he made a crack about "watermelon flavor for the brothers." THAT would have been racist. Good thing he didn't add that they "come in pink for the ladies." NOW would have been up in arms, too. Pleeze.
Good point kristin :)

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks for saying that, Kristin.

Hopefully this little controversy will draw more attention to e-cigs and not entirely obscure the fact that Rush is using them.
Something tells me he needs to get hold of some better quality gear.

Rush Limbaugh Marries, Quits Smoking, Starts "Vaping" (Volcano Electronic Cigarettes)

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Personally I hate with much passion, this rush limbaugh person. He is a bigoted, right-winged, drug addict hypocrite of the worst kind. HOWEVER, his approval of the E-Cig
has earned him 1 brownie point with me.

Way to go rush!

It must be very difficult for you to suddenly find yourself in a situation where your esteemed liberal government wants to take away your right to vape, while the folks you hate and disdain so much are willing to fight for your rights and civil liberties. ;) I see how that can be distressing--when the facts get in the way of a good ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread