Rush Limbaugh Touts Benefits of E Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Hi All...I am thrilled to announce that although I am not a personal fan of Rush Limbaugh, my parents are....and...today told me that Rush was talking about his electronic cigarette on his show which has up to 30 MILLION viewers WEEKLY!
He has a video podcast and a viewer called into the show and said they had an issue about viewers being able to see him "smoking" while he tapes the show. Rush then went into a mini advertisement, touting the benefits of the e cigarette and has even posted the links to a couple of vendors on his website.

Telsie from our forum graciously posted the soundbite for it, thanks telsie:
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201008180045

Here is a screen shot of The Rush Limbaugh Show website with links to Volcanoe E cigs and Ismokeeverywhere.com.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Thanks for posting!

Rush has a following and now they have some information other than the FDA company line to consider; if that wasn’t already the case. Any truthful publicity about E Cigarettes can not be a bad thing; they are bipartisan devices! lol

Exactly/////////

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
Although we may not all agree with each others's political/religious/cultural preferences, there is one thing we all do agree with on this forum and that is our right to vape. Rush took a step to introduce MILLIONS of viewers/listeners to vaping and for that I applaud him :thumbs:. My hope for this thread is that we stay on topic and give recognition of how valuable his endorsement could be for us all.....:vapor:
Happy Vaping

Last edited:

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
Yes he did and in typical Rush Limbaugh racist fashion. I'm sure he has been compensated for having those link on his site. He doesn't do anything unless there is $$$ involved.:2c:
I can tell you that he was not compensated for the links on the site. At least not from volcano. For the other e-cig company he mentioned who knows.

Bahnzo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Colorado
Although we may not all agree with each others's political/religious/cultural preferences, there is one thing we all do agree with on this forum and that is our right to vape.

True, but Rush is so polarizing that he's not a very good spokesperson for these. If anything he hurts the cause. Think about it for a minute....dems are in power now, and any dem that hears Rush talking about the e-cig, is instantly a democrat that's against it.

AlphaTau99

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Good exposure for us, hell yes.

Yes he did and in typical Rush Limbaugh racist fashion. I'm sure he has been compensated for having those link on his site. He doesn't do anything unless there is $$$ involved.

I'm assuming "Sweet, e-cigs just got positive airtime rather than getting bashed" would be too much. Can we cut the racism/political crap for one lousy thread please? Good grief. =P

..............I think I've been hanging out OUTSIDE for too long.

Last edited:

ChipCurtis

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
While I am totally anathema to Limbaugh's political views, I never considered him a dumb guy by any stretch of the imagination. Not wanting to read any further into Rush's motives than is necessary, maybe the guy just likes e-cigs and wants to get the word out about them (just like anyone else here), and he certainly has a platform upon which to do that.

But if I have to read something into the situation, I'd say that Rush sees a perfect opportunity here to get on the e-cig bandwagon before misguided liberals get the chance to completely bury the knowledge of e-cigs and their benefits under a heap of legal quagmires. I say, good for him: If no other person of notoriety in our society is willing to pick up the ball on this one, then Rush deserves to be the one who might make e-cigs a nationally-known phenomenon. It's not the way I would like to see it go down, but it's a lot better than the alternative.

In all fairness to Rush, the guy can seem to be quite a nice and sensible guy when he's not foaming at the mouth about politics in a way that scares lower-middle-class white guys during their lunch breaks.

On the e-cig endorsement, he reminds me a lot of my late (rest in peace, Dad) father when he wasn't talking about politics.

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
True, but Rush is so polarizing that he's not a very good spokesperson for these. If anything he hurts the cause. Think about it for a minute....dems are in power now, and any dem that hears Rush talking about the e-cig, is instantly a democrat that's against it.

I agree that Rush is polarizing, but "liberals think e-cigs are bad for you" might not be a bad stance right now.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
Yes he did and in typical Rush Limbaugh racist fashion. I'm sure he has been compensated for having those link on his site. He doesn't do anything unless there is $$$ involved.:2c:
Maybe, you could help us get a liberal talk show host to support ecigs or even MSNBC to support our fight for e-cigs. That would be wonderful and we could cover all bases. Will you work on that? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread