Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
Agreed Uba.
Doesn't make much sense to videotape yourself commiting a crime, especially in an area that you're so passionate about does it? Besides, c'mere dere is hardly considered a "bait" so I can see the confusion. Now if it was a 50 lb bag of corn that's another story but apple flavored jelly-like substance? Come on now.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Actually, I used to like old Ted until he became a lunatic, and I found out that he has more guns (390 at last count) than I have PVs.

That's all lol. Hell, he's only got me by a couple hundred. I figured for sure that his house looked like an episode of Hoarders. Instead of garbage though he would be climbing over ar-15's and ak's and stuff. Good times.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Agreed Uba.
Doesn't make much sense to videotape yourself commiting a crime, especially in an area that you're so passionate about does it? Besides, c'mere dere is hardly considered a "bait" so I can see the confusion. Now if it was a 50 lb bag of corn that's another story but apple flavored jelly-like substance? Come on now.

Like I said, I wonder what drugs he was taking while all of this was going on? He didn't know he was in CA. He didn't know that baiting was illegal here, and he somehow forgot to get a valid Deer Tag. What do you think the problem was?

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I shouldn't of forgot "Hilllbilly" Ted Nugent, since he was just here in northern California a few months ago & was arrested and cited for poaching. He was caught setting out bait to lure in a baby deer (out of season) & and killing it with a bow & arrow for his TV show - a real sportsman!

Here is a link: Rock star Nugent fined for baiting deer on TV show | deer, baiting, nugent - Local News - Appeal-Democrat

I read this entire article and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how you came up with your conclusions. Where does it state that Nugent was setting out bait to lure baby deer? My sons are avid hunters and they have set out bait on our property many times to attract deer. I've never known a true sportsman/woman who purposely did anything to try to bag a baby of any species. Killing an immature buck can be pretty easy to do and has happened to many hunters and will continue to happen simply because taking time to count points before shooting is not common practice.

The ...... user bashing is unkind and really needs to come to a halt. ED is a real medical condition and one that can affect any male at any time. How any man can make derogatory remarks because someone uses it is beyond me. That's about as bad as a woman making jokes about women who use prosthesis after having a mastectomy.

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
I stand corrected. It wasn't even a jelly like substance that could possibly be on the borderline of being considered bait which is a different product. It was LIQUID which by no means should be classified as bait unless you are in a PETA state with irrational idealism about how the animals and humans should frolic together in a sea of harmony.

C'Mere Deer® :: The Revolutionary Deer Attractant

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I stand corrected. It wasn't even a jelly like substance that could possibly be on the borderline of being considered bait which is a different product. It was LIQUID which by no means should be classified as bait unless you are in a PETA state with irrational idealism about how the animals and humans should frolic together in a sea of harmony.

C'Mere Deer® :: The Revolutionary Deer Attractant

California considers it to be a bait.... but, Ted didn't know where he was, so that makes it OK!

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
I'll reserve judgement as to the circumstances of the Nugent case until *after* I've heard more about it, particularly Ted's side. Until then, I think this thread has run it's course. Unless there's another conservative upon which anyone wants to vent frustration.

Here, I'll get you started.

SARAH PALIN!!!!

That should be good for a few more pages.

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
Like him or not, Ted has done more for conservation than most people (obviously) know. His personal property alone holds more wildlife than some state parks.

He paid the fine. In doing so, he admits guilt and acknowledged he was in the wrong for the way things happened. What more do you want from the guy?

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I'll reserve judgement as to the circumstances of the Nugent case until *after* I've heard more about it, particularly Ted's side. Until then, I think this thread has run it's course. Unless there's another conservative upon which anyone wants to vent frustration.

Here, I'll get you started.

SARAH PALIN!!!!

That should be good for a few more pages.

No Thanks! I don't think I'll take the bait on this one, but anyone else that wants to should feel free to jump right in..... I'm waiting for someone to bring up Glenn Beck - a true lunatic of the Right.

Last edited:

Kimber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
Tennessee
It's called a disclaimer so they can't be sued when PETA states go after the consumer. Here is an example of the idealism and waste of perfectly good time that could have been spent on something productive like, say...fixing the budget thus preventing the state from having to file bankruptcy

California: The Golden State for Animals | PETA.org

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
No Thanks! I don't think I'll take the bait on this one, but anyone else that wants to should feel free to jump right in..... I'm waiting for someone to bring up Glenn Beck - a true lunatic of the Right.

Won't take the bait, but will lay it out there, huh? Wait, I thought you said baiting was bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread