The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

listing side by side mods

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by drugarth, Oct 12, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    I would be all for buying another knight v1. I prefer the v1 over the v2 but no where to buy one. I had four of them at one time...... don't ask..... (son-in-law)

• Like Like x 3
  2. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    It's been a minute, and nice to see you! :)

Tons of newbies coming out in FB groups, most without cages but still nice. 3D printeds, but others too. Here are a coupla group names to look into:

• HummingBird Mod Company (21+)
    • SbS - Side by Side mods listing (21+)

If anyone has difficulty finding them, let me know. Many options there (both groups).

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. David Schmidtberger

David Schmidtberger New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    pretty sure this site is a scam, but they claim to have knights in stock
    Smoant Knight V2 80W TC Kit - Free Shipping

a few sites have tesla stealth 70 watt available, the no usb charging puts that one down on my list.

Does Hummingbird actually have anything to sell? (refuse to use facebook for any purpose, they don't seem to have any web presense other than facebook)

4. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Yeah - and although it's probably worthless (since you don't know me), I'm 100% comfortable giving him high marks via a personal endorsement. I believe you'll see some of his customers posting their mods in his group.

I think he may be here too. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    I am going to give this a try...

Smoant PASITO 25W Pod System

Not a sbs but same kind of setup. Also has an rba that you need to purchase separately .... which I did purchase

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doffy

Doffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2014
    Australia
    hello, sbs'ers

i don'y use sbs mods, but i find them interesting

AIO 67 – 6ixty 7even mod

look nice. Apparently communicating in english is not the modder's strong point though

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mcowan226

Mcowan226 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    I (HummingBird) am simply a hobbyist and avid vaper that wanted to make something available that wasn't over $300.

The mods are built to order.

And no, other then being around for awhile on ecf I do not have a web presence outside Facebook. I have a day job that takes up most of my time. So for me the readily available vaping community on Facebook is more then enough to allow me a slow steady stream of folks looking for a mod..

If you are interested in one of be happy to help. If your looking for something else, I can help you get in touch with most of the sbs Modders around

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mcowan226

Aug 28, 2018
    So the AIO from Syndicate (formerly 67 mods) is still in pre-production. I believe the people in the preorder group are getting 21700 versions, the mass produced model will be 18650. While this is actually an AIO designed for billet box bridges, there is also an 18650 dna 60 sbs coming from him. Hopefully in shops by the end of the month. Also, Raphael does speak English. It's a bit choppy for sure though.

• Like Like x 3
  9. keepsmiling

keepsmiling Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2014
    Florida
    Heyyy yes... mostly hanging in the fb groups these days. I did find a couple since I posted, and the sbs group, thank you. Just got a c&c less is more, and looking at getting a stab crypto:cool:
    Nice to see you too:)
    I see several familiar friends still here. Hope you all have been well:wub:

• Like Like x 2
  10. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Excellent (that you found something), and yes, I've seen you walking past, here and there. I'm glad to hear that things are well. :)

11. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Hi Smiley!

(a familiar friend) ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. David Schmidtberger

David Schmidtberger New Member

Jan 11, 2020

sure, i'd be interested in seeing what you offer, wish there were more good stl designs released, more than willing to print/assemble my own, but they are rather lacking, (or thingiverse search is still badly broken).

for off the shelf stuff, if anyones interested, its not caged, but it appears the kanger juppi is still out there in a few places.

as well, has anyone played with the SXK E8 Moonraker?
    seems a bit weird, and a little larger than i'd want, but will support whatever height atty you can find it seems.

13. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I had the original Moonraker (SunBox). It was a bit too large for my tastes, and a bit too squared off. It was wonderful workmanship, for whatever that's worth, but I kept reaching for my Xvo instead of the MR.

I have no idea how the SXK version is, but they're usually quite adept at steali...

Copying? Cloning? Whatever.

They usually make very close replicas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    With no Facebook, how might I inquire about these mods?

Wait...

PM INCOMING!

15. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Hey...since we are talking about SBS thingies here...

Anyone remember this?

CBFF4491-A426-414B-B698-97D6CF0B5FC4.jpeg 083E757F-CA4C-4AF1-A3C9-5AF91C953D72.jpeg DBFF0A7E-3A6D-4FBC-BF17-8EC912CA1074.jpeg

I’m sure it’s been posted in this thread before, and is buried somewhere in the nether-regions I haven’t read yet.

I got this from the original designer/creator/maker back in early 2016.

It was already “old”-ish by then.

It was the culmination of a VERY long search, which started, and ended, at ECF.

Events led to an ECF member reaching out to give me the name of the creator, and that sparked a conversation with said creator, and boom.

The quest was complete.

I ended up purchasing his last three complete units.
    He had more parts, but not all required to complete more, due to vendor supply...which is part of the reason this design didn’t “take off” as it should have. The other part was being royally screwed over by a machine shop that messed up too many batches.

At the time we spoke, he was still paying off the debt from getting the first batch done, and was essentially dead in the water on the project.

In the end, I kept two, and shipped the third to the ECF member as a thank-you for finding the creator.

I haven’t used this unit (the other is still packaged and stored) in a long time, as I (stupidly) got rid of that drip tip.

It was an original “Bent DripStick” from...Captivape? In Oklahoma? I could be wrong on that.

Anywho...just came across these pictures in my phone, and had a fun jaunt down memory lane.

Hope all is well with everyone!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. dripster

dripster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    A souped-up picture of my black ultem Purge Mods Carnage 1.5 RDA on top of my Purge Mods Side Piece Slim Murdered Out... upgraded w/ the solid silver firing cup

side piece slim.jpg

• Love Love x 1
  17. Mcowan226

Aug 28, 2018

18. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    510 Long Stainless Steel Drip Tip

19. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    • Like Like x 1
  20. muth

muth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Fakir is eye candy for me. Most are out of my pocket range but hey, can't hurt to look.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1