LUX XL Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
No worries. I can usually answer questions, but can't really answer the business questions. I was just a user constantly posting in this forum until last week when I was asked to do it on more of an official level. So my goal is to continue to help out like I already was but more often, while still giving my opinions as a user. As for the battery, make sure you keep the bad one, because they would have you mail it back to them.

So I resent the e-mail last night like I said, and they still haven't written back. This is very unlike MV and I'm starting to worry. I hope I didn't piss them off and get myself blacklisted or something, haha. Seriously though, I love MV and am a little worried (I have OCD, so I tend to worry a lot :ohmy: :unsure:).

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
I ordered some and love them. Yes you can see when they are running low. The only prob. i find with the xls are the fear of burning one. So the cleros are the answer, although the xls are great. One tip with cleros is to get some good quality scotch tape and tape them from day one. Carefully tape them at the bottom along the metal edge about half way up. This will eliminate leaks and make them much stronger and see thru. They vape awesome!!!! Another plug for the fine folks at MV!!
That begs the question, though: Can you ACTUALLY tell how much juice is left in the clear ones (like an Ego-T), or are they poly-filled like the standard cartos?

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
That you'll need to confirm with Tony.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I got an order I placed that night of cartos and a new atomizer, and along with it was a brand new battery to replace the broken one, and I haven't even sent back the defective one yet!!! Tony and the whole MV crew are so great! I really can't say enough great things about them. Once I get a chance, I'm gonna leave another positive review for them in the review section. I can't wait till I can buy the LUX in two short weeks (though it's starting to feel like forever because I'm so excited! haha). Such a pleasure doing business with them. Thanks for all of your help too by the way!

Dave

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Just got some clears with my most recent order.

Day 1 - DAYUM!!! I like! Yes, as Garnoch said, almost exactly like the original 902 cartos. Really shows how much my current cartos are in need of replacement. Vapor=Excellent, TH=Excellent, TH seems to be enhanced by what seems to be a slightly "hotter" vape than usual. Taste is there, but slightly diminished...could be since I just toked an analog before grabbing my new cartos out of the mail - I failed the waiting game horribly. I'll report back on Day 2 tomorrow. Suffice to say, well worth the admission price IMHO!

I got the clears, and YES, you can "clearly" see how much is left. I'm concerned that the clears are plastic, though. We'll see how they hold up.

Oh, got a "Type A" drip tip too. Talk about a friggin long Lux now...not quite as snug as I'd like it to be, but seems to stay in place pretty well.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Day 2: I'll tell you what...my BWB RY4 really shines in these cartos. I can really taste the tobacco-ey (almost pipe-like, but kinda woodsy) flavor that was missing before. TH is crazy. Too long a pull, and I'm choking like it's "wacky-tobacky", if you know what I mean.

Tip: If you don't have one now, get a Lux pouch for ANY cartos. Fill, assemble, place in pouch, spin it around like a keystone cop (Also known as the Taryn Spin), and your juice will pool further down into the filler near the battery end. Easy peasy. You can try to put more liquid in after spinning, though I'm finding 35-38 drops to be the maximum I can get into the XL carto without major drippage.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
I DID get lucky, got an email that the RY4 was back in stock and had an order placed 7 minutes later. It was perfect timing, as I'm following that RY4 thread in the Juice Reviews forum, trying to find my daily vape, which will undoubtedly be something in the tobacco/RY4 family. SOOO close...

Update on the drip tip: It seems the Type A (the metal one) has a rubber o-ring that initially is dry, but after a day of vaping with it, the o-ring has lubed, expanded, and is getting a better grip on the plastic now. I'm sure it's much more snug with metal cartos than the clear XL. But still, it improves with use.

Last edited:

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Day 3 - Just had a letdown: I somehow managed to break a clear carto. It seems that a little bit of "stress" (meaning "bending" or otherwise unwanted sideways force on the carto) will make the end of the plastic enclosure that connects to the battery terminal will weaken and crack.

Take heed. Treat the clears with care.

Hey, are the non-clears plastic or metal?

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I just did the same with a clear one yesterday. It seems they don't like to be in your pockets. I carefully slid it back over the filler and onto the contact and kept using it though. Maybe I'll move back to the black XLs because they are wrapped metal like the 902s and that never happens with them. If you're careful and like to see your juice, then the clears are fine, but I'm finding that I can tell just as easily by taste.

joeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2011
Babson Park, Fla
You can't tell exactly but can sure tell when you fill with a syringe and stop before dripping. The only prob. I find with any other than clear carto is how much to put in before dripping. I guess I burnt to many by trying to gauge by the amount of vapor. I now just put a half mil in every couple of hours. I'm a chain vapor.
I ordered some and love them. Yes you can see when they are running low. The only prob. i find with the xls are the fear of burning one. So the cleros are the answer, although the xls are great. One tip with cleros is to get some good quality scotch tape and tape them from day one. Carefully tape them at the bottom along the metal edge about half way up. This will eliminate leaks and make them much stronger and see thru. They vape awesome!!!! Another plug for the fine folks at MV!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread