Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Tough question with some nay great movies. But here's a few of mine...

1. Airplane! (Classic)
2. Anchorman- The Legend of Ron Burgundy (So quoteable)
3. Shawshank Redemption (Cannot stop watching)
4. Lord of the Rings (All of them)
5. Kung Fu Hustle (Watch it with subtitles, amazingly funny movie!)

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Reading through these again, there are lots more I should have added to the list. Resident Evil is another favorite, particularly Apocalypse. RE is my favorite game franchise (the old ones), so I'm kinda biased. Night of the Living Dead is also great, but I actually liked Dawn of the Dead more, and also the Tom Savini Night of the Living Dead remake from 1990. For some reason, I really like Diary of the Dead as well. Land of the Dead was okay, if a bit goofy. Day of the Dead and Survival of Dead....let's just pretend those didn't happen.

Then there's Indiana Jones and The Matrix. Last Crusade was probably my favorite Indy movie. For the Matrix, The Animatrix was awesome. But I'm one of the weird ones that actually liked The Matrix Reloaded the best out of the 3.

Blade Runner also popped up once, which is another favorite. I have all the versions on Blu-Ray. The original theatrical version is still the best. I have no idea why they removed Harrison Ford's voiceovers for the Director's Cut and Final Cut. Now it's left with Deckard reading a newspaper in silence for 5 minutes while Vangelis is playing in the background...

Shawshank....it's the #1 highest rated movie on IMDB, so how can someone NOT love that movie? Plus, Morgan Freeman...

And of course, Harry Potter...even though I think they ruined the ending. Harry was supposed to face Voldemort in the Great Hall, with everyone watching. He was supposed to let Voldemort hit him with the Killing Curse (which would make 3 times Harry survived that spell), but it recoiled because the wand actually belonged to Harry, and wouldn't turn on it's true master. But in the movie, it happens in the middle of nowhere, and Voldemort just turns to ash after the millionth Priori Incantatem in the movie (which was supposedly super-rare in the books). Then Harry BREAKS THE MOST POWERFUL WAND EVER MADE! In the book, he kept it just in case, but didn't plan on using it. Still one of my favorite movies, though.

There's many more (Gladiator, Avatar, Zombieland, Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy and many other comic book movies) but this word wall has gone on long enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread