The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 6 through October 10

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bionicunderwear

Bionicunderwear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought a juice called PAPI CHURRO (everyone was like oh if you love Churros, it is amazing) that literally made me dry heave. It tasted like I was vaping a salty stick of rancid butter!

2. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    Worst vape? Has to be the kit that I bought to get started. Two basic (non variable) ego style batteries, two ce4's, charger and two small bottles of juice for way too much money. Straight away, one of the egos failed on me and the vape I got from the ce4's was just not good enough to really quit the cigs...in fact, I kept smoking on and off for the next 3 months. But like catsitter said, this was what got me started and led me down the right path, so my worst vape was still ok in the end! Thanks for the contest Crowe!

3. Celestiiaa

Celestiiaa Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2014
    California
    My worst experience was a collection of juices (about 10 different flavors) that were like vaping straight perfume! Blech! It was so nasty and made me gag. I know everyone has different tastes so I let my brother-in-law try them and he liked the well enough. T each his own I guess.

4. redempti0N

redempti0N Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2010
    staten island USA
    my worst experience was buying a couple disposables. both claimed to be good for 300+ puffs and both had the batteries die out after 30 puffs.

5. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

My worst experience was a juice that I won from a very popular company. Wont mention the name, but it starts with an H and ends with an O. It tasted like a sweaty gym sock:)
    Although I haven't tasted sweaty gym socks, It seemed to taste like one would taste.

6. bellastarr

bellastarr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2014
    USA
    Worst vaping experience I've had was a juice from a vendor everyone raves about. I bought into the raves and ordered some juice from them during a sale. All 3 flavors I purchased had no flavor what so ever and tasted like I was vaping pure black pepper. Made my throat sore just trying them. The price I paid was so cheap I didn't even bother contacting the company about it. I wouldn't have tried another of their flavors if they would have sent me the whole product line for free.

Oh and the other terrible experience I had was a custard flavor. It made me gag so bad. It was a wretched, nasty vape.

7. shatteredsoul76

shatteredsoul76 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    My worst experience so far has been a juice called Rumchata, I gave it to a co-worker who tried it and hated it as well and passed it on to another co-worker who also hated it. Im not sure what happened to the rest of the bottle but Im guessing it got tossed out.

8. Stacy1

Stacy1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Brunswick,GA,USA
    My worst experience was the first bottle of juice I bought from a local shop. Was supposed to tasted like a Marlboro cigarette. It was a turkish tobacco and it tasted horrible.

9. Xaiver

Xaiver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Clearwater, MN
    I've got a couple of those. The major one though:

Genesis Attys.

I spent weeks trying to get a good vape off from a genesis, and I just couldn't build a decent coil, or there was a wicking issue, or this or that. It was just a nightmare. I still have SS Mesh laying around from back then.

A distant second would be my Kick unit. I have had 2, the first one lasted about a year before it gave up on life. They were both very moody. I would frequently have to tap the mod or unscrew-rescrew the battery end to get it to fire.

Thank you for the contest!

10. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Vanceboro, NC
    ah, besides juice that was nasty tasting which we all have had I would say, my start of this journey.
    Like alot of us I started with Blu. Now it was good enough to make me go to the next level but damn, from being a 2 to 3 pack heavy smoker to a 4 to 6 Blu Battery person, I could not keep the batteries to last long. So that first 2 weeks I smoked both, The blu's til I ran all the batteries down and then a couple of analogs. The first two were wasted, ordered more, they had a sale on batteries only and then by week 3, I had moved on to Bullsmoke, (Stopped cig finally using both the Bullsmokes, plus blu) which had a better battery. By the end of the month, I got an 808D1 E-Smart and Kangar EVOD and the journey was full on as I moved up the ladder of vaping.

11. Garrett1234567

Garrett1234567 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2014
    Wv usa
    When I first started vaping I really wanted tobacco flavor that tasted like a Marlboro red. Shopped online and found one that had great reviews so I ordered a 10ml bottle to try. Got it in and filled up my tank, after a few min of soak IMF I took a draw and almost puked. It tasted just like a filter burning. After that I stayed away from tobacco flavors for a while.

12. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I thought I had some pretty crappy flavors in the early days, but my worst vape happened just last week. A friend of ours got a coupon for a Vuse setup, and knowing we were vapers, passed on to us. Went to the local 7-11, picked up a menthol Vuse, and gave it a try. I have seen people refer to some flavors as a dirty sock taste, but this was truly the worst, nasty tasting thing I have ever tried. It makes any other cigalike seem delicious.

If that was the only alternative to smoking, it makes smoking look good. Maybe that is their plan. Just disgusting, and no indication of nicotine mg either.

13. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    I had/have some cig-a-likes that I bought a few years ago. Got a bunch of disposable carts and a few batteries. They was ok and I would use them every so often. Pulled them out again back in Feb this year. Charged a batt, put on a cart and all I got was sputtering and liquid in the mouth. The liquid had leaked into other parts of the cart and were useless. That was when I decided to get some better gear.

14. yasmin817

yasmin817 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2014
    Hopewell, NJ, USA
    Cheesecake ejuice!!!! I absolutely LOVE cheesecake!! All kinds from raspberry to chocolates, I even make my own delicious cheesecake that my family devours ...... so I figured, cheesecake ejuice? It must be good! NOPE!!!! Tasted like stinky old moldy goat cheese that had been baking in the sun for days! YUCK!!! What a disappointment!!

Thanks for another contest!!!

15. kathi17

kathi17 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    I can't say my worst e-cig was one of the many cig-a-likes I tried for the first few years I tried vaping, because they showed me the possibilities, even if they didn't get me off smoking. I think the worst vapes were those awful mass produced juices, one non-massed produced juice that tasted so strongly of aspertame that I couldn't vape it, and one that was really strong of perfume.

Not sure which of the three types juices were the worst, but they were all so bad I couldn't vape them!

16. brightshoes

brightshoes Full Member Verified Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Vancouver, Canada
    My worst wasn't the actual setup but finding out I had a sensitivity to PG after buying a 50/50 sample pack. I had zits break out all over my chest before a wedding and a vacation planned in Mexico!

Had to try so cover up with foundation and it still didn't mask it!

17. ItsPat

ItsPat Full Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Louisville KY
    My worst has to be the watermelon menthol im vaped earlier today. Still have the worst taste in my mouth

18. Auntie Mame

Auntie Mame Super Member Verified Member

Every juice that I've tried that featured cinnamon. All I ever taste is redhots candy, not cinnamon. :(

19. carrielsal

carrielsal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2013
    Central Texas
    By far my worst vape was Boba's Bounty. With all the hype on ECF, I was excited to finally try this. It was so bad, I was nauseated on the first vape and felt sick for several hours. I don't think crab juice could have been any worse!

20. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    What is the WORST vape you've ever experienced?

I read all the praises of carto-tanks and decided to try them. I bought 2 different brands from my local B&M. I was sorely disappointed. The vape was way to warm and filling them was so messy. They got tossed. So much for what some of the proclaimed ECF experts think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.