The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 6 through October 10

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Worst I've had was a slightly expired Bacon Pancake flavor that tasted like vomit.

Thanks for another contest.

2. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    What is the WORST vape you've ever experienced?
    Vaping Pizza juice. It was the worst thing that I have ever tried.

"What's your favorite <insert noun here>?"

"What's my favorite Juice?" Over the years this has changed but right not it's Juicy Fruit.

3. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    My 2 worst vapes are tied-got them both from PIF. One tasted like dirty, old man's socks and the other like cow urine. Both made me gag it was that bad. And no, I truly haven't in real life tasted either stinky socks or cow urine but if I did, these juices had to of come close in flavor.

4. SLane

SLane Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    I think my worst vape experience was the vision stone and maybe it was because I was so excited about it lol. My dh and I were using cartomizer tanks or dct tanks or whatever they're called and it seemed like every 3rd or 4th cartomizer was bad. We'd prep it a bit, put it in the tank, fill the tank and nothing. Such a loss of eliquid, time and money. So I found the vision stones at the b&m and was so excited. And then mine leaked terribly. The dh was able to get his to work fairly well and loved it. But it's not all bad because the vision stone is what made me start googling to find a fix for it and that's how I found ecf and the vision novas which I still love. :)

5. Shaneguide

Shaneguide Ain't Life Grand Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2014
    Saco Maine
    Worst...

No question...co worker knew I was interested in vaping. She bought me this starter kit and "juice" from the local Wally Mart. It was watermelon flavor that tasted more like a mixture of rubbing alcohol and cat box with a hint of artificial melon.

Just horrible at best

6. WifeyCO

WifeyCO Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    Mile Hi City
    The worst vape I ever had was licorice juice, I received it free with an order. So I decided to try it, OMG it was horrible.

7. aceswired

aceswired Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    Minnesota
    Halo's Midnight Apple. Holy yuck, it tastes like sweaty gym socks. With a hint of apple of course.

8. 100%VG

100%VG Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2013
    Starbase 12 near Risa
    There are many e-liquids that have been bad, or maybe just not for me. I never enjoyed smoking, so tobacco flavors are among the worst for me. Just not pleasurable at all. Like others have said, I love chocolate and I love coffee, but I haven't found a chocolate or coffee, or combination that tasted anything like either. All have been quite nasty.

But I'd have to say that the worst were in a 5-Pack DIY Sampler of Concentrated Flavorings I bought recently from Nude Nicotine. I haven't tried all 5 yet, but Banana Creme Pie and Mayan Mocha tasted pretty good on the very first puff, then after that, they left a feeling of something granulated in my throat that made me cough. And after the first puff, the flavor was gone, or at least reduced so much that all it did was make the 100% VG taste slightly better than plain 100% VG. The flavor listed on the bottle was no longer really there at all. I tried remixing with different concentrations of flavoring and dilute, but they all did the same thing. So I wrote to Nude Nicotine about it, giving details about what I had done, requested general advice, and asked two very direct questions.

While I did get a reply, I was not given any advice, and no meaningful answers to my questions. The 1st question (which to me was the most important) was totally avoided, and the 2nd told me something I had already told him I knew. So I wrote back with more questions, and stated some of the first ones differently, still trying to give details of what I had done and what I was looking for. Again, I got a two-sentence reply that did not address my questions. After four rounds of this, and my 5th PM to them, begging for answers, I did not get a reply at all. I wrote finally again saying that I had asked several direct questions that had either been totally avoided or not responded to in a meaningful way, and let them know how disappointed I was. I told him that they must not want new customers.

So this was both the worst vape, and the worst experience I have had to date. In general, our manufacturers and vendors are much more supportive. I know that MadVapes has been!!!

Thanks for the contest and another chance to win, Dude and MadVapes. :)

NOTE:

Many of you are not naming names, but I told Nude Nicotine that I would be warning people to stay away from them. If you've had a better experience with them, then good for you. Mine was horrible.

9. HighwayBrian

HighwayBrian Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    Columbus, OH, USA
    The worst juices or devices I had the mis fortune to have we're all bought at them highway robbing truck stops. High prices and sick to my stomach with them. Glad I tried one more time at it and found a B&M

My Devices

10. paine1031

paine1031 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    nc
    The very first vape I bought was a haus brand. The juice was so bad it made me want to gag each time I used it. I still use the battery at times the juice was replaced the next pay day

11. OptimusPrimerib

OptimusPrimerib Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    one of my local shops tried to make a twinkie flavor. i got excited and got a 30ml, it just ended up tasting like burnt bread.

12. Reddhott

Reddhott ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    cartoon land,usa
    bacon e juice!!
    soooo nasty!!!!!!!

13. maddogg

maddogg Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2012
    dog house
    :laugh:ce2 or any of the 900 versions:blink:

14. dolphins35

dolphins35 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Spanaway, Wa
    My worst was a cig a like from a gas station. I had forgot my vape stuff at hope and thought I can handle this little thing for 3 hours.
    Boy was I wrong. The worst vape experience I ever had.
    It tasted like earthy tree branches and blowing fog on a cold day gave me better vapor production.
    Yuck!

15. wvducklady

wvducklady Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2013
    US
    My worst vape flavor was a flavor called " chocolate hazelnut coffee" During a big sale I purchased 2 of them, because the price was so cheap. I got them at 0mg nicotine. The first one was actually good. One day I was being lazy....the bottle I had opened was upstairs and I had the 2nd unopened bottle downstairs closer to me...so I decided to just open the new bottle instead of going upstairs. I had been vaping on the flavor for about a week so I did not even think about it when I took a big puff after filling up my cartomizer. I instantly started gagging, and thankfully my stomach was empty because I started dry heaving as well. It tasted like vomit, and yes I know that is a gross description.....but it is exactly what it tasted like. I threw the entire bottle away and even had to throw my cartomizer away. I will never forget that experience... up until that point I had never tasted a flavor that I had truly hated... I do not know what was wrong with that eliquid, but I developed a dislike for the vendor that I got that from and have never purchased from them again. That was my only truly bad vape experience with a flavor. For equipment I would have to say the disposable CE4 tanks I wasted so much money on when I first started vaping!

16. Bookworm

Bookworm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    RY4 is my favorite juice flavor, by far. I love so many RY4 variations from many vendors. But the worst vapes I ever had were the first two RY4 juices that I ordered. The first one tasted like vaping cedar, and the second tasted only of rubbing alcohol. Thank god I kept trying RY4s, and didn't let these two abominations discourage me!

17. inksane

inksane Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2011
    Minnesota
    my worst vape was the first ecig I tried which was a Blu starter kit. I used it for a week before returning it and then bout a roughstack from madvapes.

18. Fuzzy Bruce

Fuzzy Bruce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2014
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    My first tobacco flavor was a juice called Ton WIn. Bottle said 6 mg with no telling the pg/vg mix. Even adding menthol did not make this stuff tolerable.

19. BiCurry

BiCurry Full Member

The worst vape experience I've ever had was Green Tea and Honey by Bootleg Vapors.. That crap was horrible... And it got worse with steep.

The taste was stuck in my mouth for days, it seemed.

20. Noble Gas

Noble Gas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    California
    My first and worst vape was also BLU. However, unlike Mike's setup mine worked exactly as it was supposed to and it was still just awful. I had to charge the battery WAY too frequently. The juices tasted gross. The vapor production was not as satisfying as seeing my breath on a cold morning. It was consistently and totally unsatisfying on every level.

One of my biggest complaints at the time was that the cigarette-sized device was ridiculously heavy and always felt awkward in my hand. I never could figure out how to hold it comfortably. If someone had shown me an iTaste SVD at that moment and told me it would change my life, I would have laughed. If someone had shown me a rebuilt dual coil dripper stuffed with Rayon and told me I would be spending a lot of time doing that and other things like steeping, and stalking the vape mail carrier, I would have scoffed, and then laughed. But the fact is that our new form factors work, and work wonderfully well, and are incredibly satisfying and fun.

Thanks for another great contest, MV. Good luck everybody!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.