The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 6 through October 10

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kvinna

kvinna Full Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Monticello, AR. USA
    What is the WORST vape you've ever experienced?
    Me having the inexperience of what was needed to have a great vape experience.

2. kritter

kritter Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2011
    western north carolina
    I musta got tha same set up as you did crowdude! When I first ordered tha kit, it had half dried up cartridges that produced bout as much vapor as exhaling on a cold day.
    I gave up on that idea until I ran across ECF and it has all been down hill from there

3. ronnbert

ronnbert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2014
    Sawmills, NC, USA
    Since I have had a pretty successful vaping experience (started out at a Mad Vapes store and rarely buy from anywhere else) my worst experience will seem a little nit-picky. While I did buy a disposable e-cig back in the day, I don't consider that vaping IMHO.

I started out with the MVP 2, and it came with two iClear 16s. IMHO, those dual top coil tanks are garbage. I started with them, and they burnt out VERY quickly. One of the tanks also had a crooked chimney, and barely lined up with the mouthpiece. The flavor was alright, but after buying coils fairly often, I decided to switch to the pyrex MBC bottom coils. Boy, did that make a world of difference! I coyld chain vape and not worry about them struggling to wick fast enough! The only drawback to that tank is the fact that the press seal could come undone if dropped or grabbed by the tank. Now that I bought the Acro (and some BVC coils from another place) the other tanks have been retired until I can PIF. Dripping has also become a favorite hobby of mine, but my MVP/Acro combo is still in use as a driving PV.

The only other thing to complain about is non-existent/extremely light flavors from other places!

4. Drottwiler

Drottwiler Old Timer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Drott's Dog House
    My worst was a Zen geni I waited months for. Played with it for a few weeks. never got it to be a consistent vape and if it wasn't up right it leaked like a sieve. So I moved on and found Kayfuns. Love my Kayfuns.

5. mogium

mogium ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    St pete florida
    Straight smoked peppered turkish blend on a genny with a hot spot

6. reeffreak77

reeffreak77 Senior Member ECF Veteran

My worst vape was a cigalike disposable. Never thought I'd have quit for a month once finding out what a good vape was

7. jussio

jussio Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2014
    Rolla,MO
    Dripping 18 mgs..thought I was going to die. Had fever, increased blood pressure, headache. I started vaping with 24 and lowered it down to 6, thought it would be okay..never been so wrong

8. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks everyone! The contest will wrap up at 1pm EST today.

I have 3 other "worst" experiences:

First, I had a Stillare on the iPV at 50 watts. Took the Stillare off and put the Big Buddha on there, which was using much thinner wire, and forgot to turn it down. Insta-burn.

Then I accidentally dripped 36mg. My girlfriend and I had the same liquid, only mine was 6mg for dripping and hers was 36mg for use in a cartomizer. The bottles were both sitting next to the couch and I picked up the wrong one. The worst part was that it took 3 lung hits to figure out why the liquid didn't taste right. Checked for shorts, hotspots, etc. Nope, I was dripping 36.

Lastly, I picked up an HH357 atomizer and had been using it for about 2 days. If you don't know what the HH357 is, it's an American-made 510 atomizer and they cost 30 dollars. They last forever if you treat them right, and produce flavor that is still the best I've experienced to this day. Anyway, I was working at one of our stores and someone came in with an issue with a clearomizer. While troubleshooting it, I turned my mod to 6v and tried using his clearo on there. After he left, I put the 1.5Ω HH357 on there and forgot to turn it back down. You would think it would taste burnt, but it didn't. It actually worked and tasted great....for 3 drags, then it just stopped working. 30 bucks, waited 3 weeks to have it made, then I burnt it out within 3 days. That was real punch in the gut.

Thanks again everyone! Check back this afternoon to see if you won!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.