MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 6 through October 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Since I have had a pretty successful vaping experience (started out at a Mad Vapes store and rarely buy from anywhere else) my worst experience will seem a little nit-picky. While I did buy a disposable e-cig back in the day, I don't consider that vaping IMHO.

I started out with the MVP 2, and it came with two iClear 16s. IMHO, those dual top coil tanks are garbage. I started with them, and they burnt out VERY quickly. One of the tanks also had a crooked chimney, and barely lined up with the mouthpiece. The flavor was alright, but after buying coils fairly often, I decided to switch to the pyrex MBC bottom coils. Boy, did that make a world of difference! I coyld chain vape and not worry about them struggling to wick fast enough! The only drawback to that tank is the fact that the press seal could come undone if dropped or grabbed by the tank. Now that I bought the Acro (and some BVC coils from another place) the other tanks have been retired until I can PIF. Dripping has also become a favorite hobby of mine, but my MVP/Acro combo is still in use as a driving PV.

The only other thing to complain about is non-existent/extremely light flavors from other places!

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Thanks everyone! The contest will wrap up at 1pm EST today.

I have 3 other "worst" experiences:

First, I had a Stillare on the iPV at 50 watts. Took the Stillare off and put the Big Buddha on there, which was using much thinner wire, and forgot to turn it down. Insta-burn.

Then I accidentally dripped 36mg. My girlfriend and I had the same liquid, only mine was 6mg for dripping and hers was 36mg for use in a cartomizer. The bottles were both sitting next to the couch and I picked up the wrong one. The worst part was that it took 3 lung hits to figure out why the liquid didn't taste right. Checked for shorts, hotspots, etc. Nope, I was dripping 36.

Lastly, I picked up an HH357 atomizer and had been using it for about 2 days. If you don't know what the HH357 is, it's an American-made 510 atomizer and they cost 30 dollars. They last forever if you treat them right, and produce flavor that is still the best I've experienced to this day. Anyway, I was working at one of our stores and someone came in with an issue with a clearomizer. While troubleshooting it, I turned my mod to 6v and tried using his clearo on there. After he left, I put the 1.5Ω HH357 on there and forgot to turn it back down. You would think it would taste burnt, but it didn't. It actually worked and tasted great....for 3 drags, then it just stopped working. 30 bucks, waited 3 weeks to have it made, then I burnt it out within 3 days. That was real punch in the gut.

Thanks again everyone! Check back this afternoon to see if you won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread