Last edited:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Sandy got lost on the way to the thread, but she did post this:

Plant ID time!!! The forum found the plant!! Melampyrum Nemerosum or Wood Cow Wheat. The lady who posted it lives in Germany wachtelweizen - Google-Suche and PlantFiles: Detailed information on Wood Cow Wheat Melampyrum nemorosum

Actually Wikipedia is a little easier to understand Melampyrum nemorosum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice! Now, of course, I'll have to try to get ahold of some seeds ...

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
Jake is the guy over there in my avi. He lives in the cat house. By the way, when I refer to the cat house, I'm not joking. It is a split-level home; brick front and vinyl on the sides and back; front and back doors; just like a house people would live in. The inside is designed for the accomodation of cats. There are separate rooms, if you will, and the cats are split up according to health, age, personality, etc. There is a kitchen and laundry room, central vac, heating, central air, the whole shebang.

Each group of cats have a view to the outside world. Jake is relaxing in a sunroom on a hand made cat tree. Yeah, as you can tell, the animals at this place live in comfort.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Jake is the guy over there in my avi. He lives in the cat house. By the way, when I refer to the cat house, I'm not joking. It is a split-level home; brick front and vinyl on the sides and back; front and back doors; just like a house people would live in. The inside is designed for the accomodation of cats. There are separate rooms, if you will, and the cats are split up according to health, age, personality, etc. There is a kitchen and laundry room, central vac, heating, central air, the whole shebang.

Each group of cats have a view to the outside world. Jake is relaxing in a sunroom on a hand made cat tree. Yeah, as you can tell, the animals at this place live in comfort.

That's fantastic! Sounds like you have an amazing operation going there. How many workers does it take to maintain all of this (not just the cat house)?

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
That's fantastic! Sounds like you have an amazing operation going there. How many workers does it take to maintain all of this (not just the cat house)?

Alot of workers. We do have non-profit status, however 80% of the funding of this nature reserve/farm/ranch/shelter comes from the pockets of 6 people - Bluesgirl and I, and two other couples. Much of the work is performed by top-notch volunteers and, of course the 6 of us. We do have a paid staff of professionals; mostly veterinarians and other animal care people. There are some professionally skilled people who provide their services here as volunteers - just because that's what they want to do.

It is not easy. It is very expensive. But it is what we have chosen to do with our lives and money.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Back when I lived there it was Lake In The Hills, Illinois. I think Dave's gal lived in Dundee (until last night).

Love sumac - beautiful reds in the fall. Not enough sun for it here in the woods though. :(

Heheh, when I was driving for a living we had names for all the burbs. That one was Swamp In the Hills!

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Oh, yes, I wanted to apologize for interupting the Botanical discussion. I am enjoying that. I know as much about plants as I do birds. (If you remember a previous post of mine). Please, edumicate me.

Four fried chickens and a coke. HAHAHAHAH ;) Just kidding. I just loved that phrase.

Last edited:

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Trying to help out a friend. She quit the analogs 5 days after me after trying my KGO. She needs to stock up on juices for the month, but is on disability with very limited budget. Just got her SSI check today......we need to place a juice order for her tonight. We are looking at Mt Baker Vapor......prices are very good. Have you tried their juices...are they any good?? Other recommendations???? Menthol is her mainstay....but she likes a variety of other flavors too.

Vaping4Sanity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Centerville, Ohio
Trying to help out a friend. She quit the analogs 5 days after me after trying my KGO. She needs to stock up on juices for the month, but is on disability with very limited budget. Just got her SSI check today......we need to place a juice order for her tonight. We are looking at Mt Baker Vapor......prices are very good. Have you tried their juices...are they any good?? Other recommendations???? Menthol is her mainstay....but she likes a variety of other flavors too.

The best straight menthol juice I've ever tried is ProThol from VaporCast Store. They have other flavored menthol juice that is very good as well. Some of my favorites are Adams Apple, and Southern Freeze. Many other non menthol juices too. I'm not generally a big menthol fan, but I do like it from here.

elb7

Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Massachusetts
That was Bluesman's signature at one time. And I have no idea what it means either!

"Four fried chickens and a coke" is what John Belushi's character - in the original Blue's Brother's movie - orders in the diner. His brother orders 'dry white toast.' I'ts a funny scene - but you have to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread