• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Members Small Profile and Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

winx19

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
w.est
Quit smoking tobacco Since: (shld be later this week) just bought my kit from one of the suppliers from ecf

How you get to know e-cig: thru google, heard abt e-cig but never tot much abt it.

Used Brand Models Brands and Models: Kit bought: ego C

Current brand Models:

Best Favor like: just bought: HC ry4 (nic:12, 50/50), HC green apple (nic:18 50/50)

Story: stumble upon ecf while searching for more info on e-cig, wanted to kick analog out of my life for good, as it has been affecting my family, esp my 3 year old daughter. though i never once smoke in front of her, she somehow have told my wife that daddy is gng to "blow blow" when she doesnt see me in the house. So, alarm bells are ringing for me.

going to get my PV this week, wish me luck in getting the analogues out of my life.

Okay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
either home or work
Quit smoking tobacco Since: haven't really quit but have reduced analogs significantly
How you get to know e-cig: friends have introduced me into this
Used Brand Models Brands and Models
Current brand Models: 2 Ego T and a Variable voltage with clearomiser
Best Favor like: Mango(have only go this:p) and i sort of like it. have free red bull from friend which i don't really liked(this was also a reject by him:laugh:)
Story: wanting to quit for sometime..... kids have been bugging me...i guess money saved from not buying analogs could be put into better use for the kids.:(

crazyass69

Nov 2, 2010
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (12/12/2010)
How you get to know e-cig: the one word wonder - GOOGLE :)
Used Brand Models Brands and Models: started off with the analogue cigarette lookalike - cheap and disposable!
Current brand Models: my poison = eGo-T
Best Favor like: so far - it still is bubble gum... hey donblame me - if i cant get both in sg, im sure to yearn for both rite..!
Story: my galfren never loved the idea that i smoked... fact is she was a smoker too, but then she quit... and then she kept tellin me to quit n quit - but hey, its never easy to go cold turkey. But i succesfully managed to do so all tnks to this great invention of e-cigarette. Serious guys - this has totally altered my life. Now, when i go home and speak to my parents or see my relatives - i dont have to wash my mouth with Listerine a million times so that they don smell tobacco smell on me... they actually ask me if i have bubble gum with me!! haha!!

The next best thing i pray for everytime other than striking the lottery... just get this authorised alrdy laaaaa!!!!!!!

Doohan78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Vape Planet
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Not just yet
How you get to know e-cig: Actually knew it some time back but only recent then manage to get hold of it
Used Brand Models Brands and Models: Ego C twist 1000Mah
Current brand Models: Apollo Vtube & SD keyring
Best Favor like: Still trying out. Too early to tell
Story: Been smoking since 1992 OMG 20 yrs liao. 1 packs a day. And with not vaping reduce to at least half still cutting down. Seen ppl vaping yrs back but dun what to get so keep finding until cannot sell in singapore then stop finding. Then recently found ECF in google and here i am . LOL.. Now at home only vape no cig smell and yellow stain on wall= GOOD. And for the sake of family vape better. Haha.
Pardon me for my english.
Sorry english no powderful. Haha

Ogroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: 4 Aug 2012
How you get to know e-cig: A few friends has been using "The VET"
Used Brand Models Brands and Models : N/A
Current brand Models: ELIPS
Best Favor like: As of now only have chocolate....
Story:
Have been smoking for Since 1997.. age is catching up and due to health reasons i will need to quit analogs.

Potty31

Aug 7, 2012
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Not yet, but hopefully soon!
How you get to know e-cig: Bought a Joyetech 510 starter kit from some dude in 2009
Used Brand Models Brands and Models: Joyetech 510
Current brand Models: eGo-T VV (not twist) with Stardust clearomizer
Best Favor like: Still exploring, currently on Hangsen Red USA Mix
Story:

Started smoking all the way back in 1996 and got hooked.
Tried quitting twice, succeeded in quitting for 3 months and 6 months, but in stressful Singapore it's difficult and eventually went back to smoking.
Bought the Joyetech 510 from some dude who was mad advertising his wares on forums and it sucked..mostly because the carts kept giving me a burnt smell, the juices tasted like crap and it was nowhere near an analog, so back to smoking I went.

For a couple of years been wanting to quit smoking again because I can't stand the smell anymore and because my wife doesn't like it when I smoke. Not to mention my health is getting worse because of the amount of cigarettes I smoke.
Can't taste as well as before, can't run, can't smell things as well as before.

One fine day, slacking at work, I googled e-cigarettes and found you guys!
Did my homework and researched for the best starter kit, ordered an Ego-T kit and some juices yesterday from VW and due to excitement, couldn't sleep well.
Woke up, bought analog sticks to start my day and at 5pm, went to open letterbox and found the parcel inside!
Tore open the parcel at home and I'm now happily vaping away!

So hopefully this time, I can kick the habit and lead a healthier life!
If I succeed, will be buying more kits for my dad and convert him to vaping!

Atavus

Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Somewhere in SG ^_^
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: 1st August 2012
How you get to know e-cig: My colleague was bugging me to share a set of KGO lookalike at SGD $150 :blink::ohmy:
Current brand Models: My starter kit: 2 x Ego-C Twist 1000mAH with 4 X CE5+ (Rebuildable Stardust kit) <- My everyday on the go work day set :), SMOK VMax Kit (Improved version) with 2 X Vivi Nova <- My after work/weekend set for relaxing :D
Best Favor like: Lemon Black Tea, US Cafe Macchiato, Malboro Menthol (Self Cooked :p)
Story: My colleague was loaned a set by one of our customers who was pushing off ex-ecig stock. They looked like a KGO set but the gift box had another name and looked like a knock off from China. The customer claimed it was from Europe and was pushing the set to him at $150 :ohmy: I did some research & found out we were being ripped off and found some sources to purchase better sets at a lower price. In the end got a Ego-C twist in SG (Sold off to a friend), two Ego-C twist 1000mAH & the SMOK VMax Kit from across the causeway. I've quit analogs ever since I got my first Ego-C twist and I've been happily vaping ever since. Had some diarrhoea problems the first few days since vaping but that corrected itself in a day or two. Now I breathe easier, taste better and I'm picking up more smells more than I like to :laugh:

tuingimut

May 19, 2012
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: still trying hard to
How you get to know e-cig: I saw someone vaping in a meeting...saw the smoke, saw the fire, but didn't smell the burn smell
Current brand Models: currently on a GGTS look alike...but waiting for an order of Ego C 1000mAh Battrey and CE4 Clearomizer (Tot of something simpler to bring along)
Best Favor like: Still searching for the right flavour...currently still vaping the juice that a friend gave me...claim to be tobacco and menthol....so far its the only taste I can keep on vaping..the other that he gave me, lychee menthol (which i tot gonna be nice), mango menthol, cherry candy cannot tahan one...vape once and thats it...no more..
Story: I saw someone smoking and ecigg in a meeting...got the smoke, got the "fire" but no smell and at times he seems like he is squeezing the "fire". Once i reached home i googled, but found out it was damn expensive in Indonesia...so i totally forget about it untill i come back to Singapore and trying to find a cheeper alternative to an analog and remeber all about it...googled again and found ecf

yuheng1993

Aug 12, 2012
sg
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Next week after my ecig arrive
How you get to know e-cig: through my friends outside
Used Brand Models : NIL
Current brand Models: V.E.T
Best Favor like: No idea haha,but i order mango,lychee and menthol ejuice
Story: I smoke for about 5 years,1 pack or maybe more per day.Heard of ecig long time ago but it was ban in singapore.Until recently i found that there is actually people selling it in sg,so i decided to purchase it and join the vaping quest.

Chaiminlin

Aug 2, 2012
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: In Progress
How you get to know e-cig: its been common knowledge among my circle of friends but have never ventured into it.
Used Brand Models: kGo, eGo-C Twist, SD ring, DCT, Vivi Nova, Vision eGo
Current brand Models: eGo-C Twist + Vivi Nova 1.8ohm
Best Favor like: Hangsen Apple and Redbull
Story: Been a smoker for 23 years, mid 2011 i got into a bad accident and was hospitalized for 10 days. I did quit smoking then but i could never shake the urge to puff. I went on the nicorette inhaler for 3 mths but due to habitual reasons, i relapsed back onto analog.

For health and performance reasons, i decided to start exploring vaping. so happenly, a friend was ordering some stuff from malaysia so i thought i would just tag along with his order. At the moment, its been 3 weeks since my first vape and i've gone from 30 sticks of analog a day to about 8 sticks.

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Not intending to quit but down to 2 or 3 analogs a day, from 2 packs.

How you get to know e-cig: Bought 1 set out of novelty in Bolehland, stashed it away for months before suddenly going crazy when I find I can do so much with it.

Used Brand Models: eGo-C Twist, DCT, Vivi Nova, Vision eGo, gg ody, gg penelope, siam mods cube v2 18350, pegasus rebuildable, unicorn rebuildable, provari mini, Boge 510 attys (close to perfect).

Current brand Models: As above, still playing around and searching for the perfect vape.

Best Favor like: Halo tribeca, Halo freedom juice, TPA caramel, French Vanilla deluxe.

Story: Smoked my daddy's cigarettes since I was 11-12. Now I am in my mid thirties. Not gonna lie to myself and say that I am in the process of quitting analogs as I've done that like a million times over. But the few months I've been going about with e-cigs I've cut down significantly from 2 packs to probably 2-3 sticks a day. Mostly out of the need to chase away that grouchy feeling.

I lift weights very frequently and since switching more to e-cigs, have seen lots of improvement in power and stamina. I had a binge one night and finished 1 pack of analogs. The next day in the gym I was like, WTF! Same built up power but I had to stop and really breathe between every set.

Now I am a believer and go out with a fire brand to spread the good news!

Rock on!

Blueweed

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Vaping World
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: 11/01/2012
How you get to know e-cig: A friend introduced
Used Brand Models : Ego-T
Current brand Models: EGO-T
Best Favor like: Green Apple, Honeydew, Banana and other fruity flavors
Story:
I have been smoking since 13 years old. Was introduced to this by a friend. I did my research on the internet on the harms and legality issue. Decided to try it and have been a user since.
I find that with the E-Cig, my taste buds are better, sense of smell better and I did not stink where ever I go. No worries about smoking near children or in air-con room. Smoking in car with the window wined up is also not a problem. One thing I notice is that if you vape long enough, your nose will become like a non smoker. It will hate all the smoker's smell and especially after smoke smell, which is worse. I can't vouch for it's safety but I do see a lot of positive outcome when I switch to vape.

fresh1333

Sep 18, 2012
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (02/08/2012)
How you get to know e-cig: (thru friends)
Used Brand Models Brands and Models) - Ego-C twist
Current brand Models: (Brands and Models) - Ego- C twist - my one and only.
Best Favor like: (Liquids Flavor) - watermelon, most fruits flavors...and Mocha is yucky!
Story: (been on analog for like 20 years, tried to quit a few times but failed...saw my friend vaping and it didn't get my attention at first, and shortly after... another friend recommended me e-cig, this got me interested and decided to read more online... now i am a month plus without analog...smelling good, no more cig smell on clothes..and saving quite a fair bit...

so far had tried few flavors of juices...like watermelon, champagne, chocolate mint, mocha, blackcurrant, menthol... most on 50pg/50vg on 12mg... watermelon is my favorite so far. the don't like most is mocha (finish it anyway..by mixing with menthol)....

Quit smoking Tobacco Since: Never really quit :) due to the fact that kinda miss the bitter smell sometimes, but have been vaping for 2-3weeks alr.
How you get to know e-cig: Hmm research on the internet? :)
Used Brand Models Brands and Models - vivi nova v3 tank, boge cartomizers
Current brand Models: eGo Twist variable voltage with a 6ml tank and a flanged cartomizer with a chrome drip tip :)
Best Favor like: hmm Marl USA and redbull :)
Story: Hmm have been smoking since 14 and just recently found out that i really smoked alot and my wallet really kana burn like ..... Maybe im not so hardcore like others but i think 1 day one pack is really alot cause + money go out with gf, eat , drink and etc. Sometimes can go up to 2 pack a day and really wanna put a fullstop to all this. So found out that theres this forum thingy for sg and really relieved that there's actually this thing in singapore cause i know its banned and not sure how to get em. Now maybe 2-4 sticks of analog a day and still trying to cut down but not intending to quit be it smoking or vaping cause i really need nicotine :):)

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: (02/10/2012)
How you get to know e-cig: Stumbled upon it on an american forum.
Used Brand Models Brands and Models: Janty, eGo
Current brand Models: (Brands and Models) Lambo + Vivi Nova
Best Favor like: Menthol Ice
Story: First started vaping in 2008 but gave up because the technology wasn't there yet. Taste was bad, cartridges were leaking and there were no such things like carto, clearo and VV. The most "trendy mod" was dripping and everyone was talking about it at that time during ECF. Came back after seeing a friend using Provari and I realized that the technology has improved vastly.

enwick

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SG
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: 25/09/2012
How you get to know e-cig: Through friend
Used Brand Models: eGo, Apoloe
Current brand Models: Apoloe
Best Favor like: Menthol, Mint, Green Apple
Story: Hi fellow vapers, I'm new to ECF but I'm definitely not new to vaping. Initially, I got my first EC in SG from a friend and used it together with the analog cigs. I did so as I did not have the intention to quit analog but the thing is EC really helped me a lot in cutting down the analogs. Now I'm really determined to quit analogs for good due to the positive impact that ECs have on me. I'm so happy to be a happy quitter and I'm sure many of you guys have faced similar success ;D

tayasn

Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Singapore
Quit smoking Tobacco Since: 10/10/2012
How you get to know e-cig: Through a friend who tried e-cig
Used Brand Models Brands and Models: eGo Twist + Vivi Nova
Current brand Models: Same as above.. still new and exploring the benefits before modding..
Best Favor like: Still exploring flavours.. still need the nic and th.. currently mixing hangsen strawberry + freeze..
Story: After I finally gotten my mouth onto the e-cig.. it rocks.. i can practically smoke anywhere at home without worry of the smell, and when I go out, smoke discretely to get the nic kicks.. first time when i started vaping, i still had analogs, but seriously hated the taste of it.. thus, threw away a half opened pack and never looked back.. hopefully this will be permanent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread