Merged old sticky threads (1)

Would you Like to see the eGo with color options

• Yes, I would buy a colored ego over what is available right now.

• No, I am satisfied with the current options.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernards

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Singapore
I've ran some CBA tests and found that the Ultrafire/trustfire cells are really 250mah on the average. One of my cells could only manage 180mah. The Soshine/AW cells hold 320mah. The Soshine cells also sustain a higher voltage on load (.1v consistently.) This should equate to a slightly more satisfying vape.

Unfortunately, the Soshine cost double the Ultrafire. If you are not price sensitive and want performance. Go ahead get the Soshine.

P.S. Sorry my windows vmware file was hit by a virus and I lost all my files. I'm too lazy to spend days running another test.

P.SS. AW now sells Soshine cells and stopped manufacturing his own 10440. He claims the performance is the same.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
There is a reason for the batteries we use and sell for the JS - they are inexpensive, and they do have the MAH we claim it does.

Other manufacturers as you have learned yourself quite often exaggerates on their numbers im afraid.

In regards to the mAH the JS will charge anything you put in there, as long as its a 3.7v battery of the AAA type. It wont charge two - it wont charge higher voltage ones, etc.

So if you feel like you wanna try another battery go ahead. Me? Id just buy a bunch of the ones we sell and keep the ones that are good, and toss out the bad ones. Its still going to be cheaper in the long run, and you will probably not find anything alot better than the ones we are using im afraid.

My two cents!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
When you get an answer, please PM me!!!
Have been trying to order forever, down to my last 3 Janty Stick batteries ICR10440, am not sure are these the un-protected or protected batts....
Anyway, have left my email for updates, and twice have been notified they're in, by the time I log in they're gone again. Ridiculous, my opinion.
Maybe slow down the Experimental mods and stock up on supplies for the one we already have.
signed, angry and frustrated!

or, maybe will just go here:
and just wait a week for a sure thing! Cost: about the same per/batt

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
When you get an answer, please PM me!!!
Have been trying to order forever, down to my last 3 Janty Stick batteries ICR10440, am not sure are these the un-protected or protected batts....
Anyway, have left my email for updates, and twice have been notified they're in, by the time I log in they're gone again. Ridiculous, my opinion.
Maybe slow down the Experimental mods and stock up on supplies for the one we already have.
signed, angry and frustrated!

or, maybe will just go here: and just wait a week for a sure thing! Cost: about the same per/batt

Hey Kate,

I am sorry we are out of stock on these items, and you are ofcourse welcome to shop where ever you want.

Having said that, there is no delay caused from us doing - what you refer to as mods ( a mod is a modification of an e-cigarette, - we make e-cigarettes from scratch.. big difference ) - seeing as we are not the problem: Our suppliers are the problem.

But, it is frustrating, and we are working on it.

/Mik

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hey, wouldn't want you to feel sorry for my trouble or anything, not your fault if it's impossible to keep stocked. So you think it's ok for me to go somewhere else and buy them, that's nice, thanks very much.
Now you can go somewhere else and take care of important things, your job is finished with me....

If this is how you treat people who are polite and try to offer some kind of help, then i would really hate to see how you treat people who are rude to you.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hey, wouldn't want you to feel sorry for my trouble or anything, not your fault if it's impossible to keep stocked. So you think it's ok for me to go somewhere else and buy them, that's nice, thanks very much.
Now you can go somewhere else and take care of important things, your job is finished with me....

Well, that just sounded _very_ sarcastic to me. I might be wrong - if so i apologize. I guess i was just baffled why you would lash out at me for actually giving you an answer.

Oh well, its late, i should go to bed. :p

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I should educate you then...no apology needed, but from my house alone here we have 5 Janty Sticks in use here (me, my kids, and a couple significant others). I've been trying to buy atomizers and batteries for weeks, no luck. And not a kind word either, I may add.
I really liked the idea of patronizing the dealer I bought from, but I really didn't see you giving me anything but brushoff just now, so maybe that doesn't matter anymore in this day and age we're in.
So guess I'm wrong to be offended. ? So, never mind. I told you in my first post I was angry and frustrated. VERY sorry about that. I should have more patience. Except, I really do like my Janty Stick...not so much if it's dead from lack of amenities and consumables.

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
I should educate you then...no apology needed, but from my house alone here we have 5 Janty Sticks in use here (me, my kids, and a couple significant others). I've been trying to buy atomizers and batteries for weeks, no luck. And not a kind word either, I may add.
I really liked the idea of patronizing the dealer I bought from, but I really didn't see you giving me anything but brushoff just now, so maybe that doesn't matter anymore in this day and age we're in.
So guess I'm wrong to be offended. ? So, never mind. I told you in my first post I was angry and frustrated. VERY sorry about that. I should have more patience. Except, I really do like my Janty Stick...not so much if it's dead from lack of amenities and consumables.

I think youre forgetting that im the designer, - not the supplier, nor the shopper, nor the distributer.

So yes, maybe it was my fault to try and ease your pain by saying a few words - but even so, i will continue to do so when i see it fit. Some people seem to appreciate it.

Also, i have actually spoken to Ethan about the lack of stock - he is very frustrated about it, - like the rest of us, but it doesnt really do you any good in any way -just thought you should know that we are not sitting here clapping our hands, bathing in money thinking "oh to hell with the customers" - we are actually trying to figure out a solution.

But sometimes, that is not so easy im afraid! Still, we are working on it.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Doesn't matter now, but I think the Thread was opened with Janty Stick battery inquiries.
You answered my post, of all the ones to answer you picked me. I'm just delighted you could make your point from my input of a link to a supplier for ICR10440 batteries. I was just trying to help.
Not your fault, though, frustration is easily mistaken for sarcasm.

Last edited:

General Idea

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 24, 2009
Northeast Pennsylvania
Not to impose on an existing thread, but I just received my Janty Stick today. At first I was disappointed in the vapor, but it took me a couple of hours to break it in - now I'm quite pleased, I think I've found my ultimate analog habit killer. Yes I am guilty of the occasional Parliament light...

I'm satisfied with the battery life, although I still crave a higher voltage device. If the JS had a mini-usb port on the other side, one might plug in an auxillary battery pack (AAA 1.6v) in series with the existing li-ion. It could be a nice moulded plastic add-on that fits snug to the side. A battery gauge would be cool too, analog needle even. I would gladly void all warranties and desire little else. Sure, I have a soldering iron, but I'd rather drive the 911 than reinvent the wheel. I've got the 911, now I want the turbo...

Credit where it's due, I've been following some of Mik's newer designs and I find them quite exciting. New devices keep the vape habit fresh and interesting for us all.

I noticed some slots in the atty connector that seem different than my 801's or 201's. Is this a proprietary design? Will a plain-jane 801 atty work? I suppose I could try it

Is it perhaps possible to screw on an adapter (perhaps a tall one, or a modified cart) to use a 510 atty? I have 510 pass-through devices and I think there are subtleties to the vape that I would really enjoy from the JS.

Apologies for my ranting scroll, I could have started a new thread somewhere else - but I like to hear what Mik has to say.

-GI

I think youre forgetting that im the designer, - not the supplier, nor the shopper, nor the distributer.

So yes, maybe it was my fault to try and ease your pain by saying a few words - but even so, i will continue to do so when i see it fit. Some people seem to appreciate it.

Also, i have actually spoken to Ethan about the lack of stock - he is very frustrated about it, - like the rest of us, but it doesnt really do you any good in any way -just thought you should know that we are not sitting here clapping our hands, bathing in money thinking "oh to hell with the customers" - we are actually trying to figure out a solution.

But sometimes, that is not so easy im afraid! Still, we are working on it.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
I have answered your questions inside the quote with a bold text! =)

Not to impose on an existing thread, but I just received my Janty Stick today. At first I was disappointed in the vapor, but it took me a couple of hours to break it in - now I'm quite pleased, I think I've found my ultimate analog habit killer. Yes I am guilty of the occasional Parliament light...

I'm satisfied with the battery life, although I still crave a higher voltage device.

Just a word of advice, - high voltage can have benefits, but also added stress. Its easier to burn the fluid, to get bad hits, etc. If you are relatively new to this whole e-cig thing, i would suggest strongly that you try to find the nicotine and flavor you like the most first, this can sometimes be more than enough of a hit for you. For instance, if i smoke french marlboro ( old name, new name is Texas Kick i believe ) i get more than enough hit and depth in my vape, - where as if i smoke ry-4 (which many others love) then i .. just dont feel satisfied. So youre probably best of starting there!

If the JS had a mini-usb port on the other side, one might plug in an auxillary battery pack (AAA 1.6v) in series with the existing li-ion. It could be a nice moulded plastic add-on that fits snug to the side. A battery gauge would be cool too, analog needle even. I would gladly void all warranties and desire little else. Sure, I have a soldering iron, but I'd rather drive the 911 than reinvent the wheel. I've got the 911, now I want the turbo...

We are launching the Jantystick XL next year (hopefully in the beginning) which will either sport high voltage, or multi-voltage, with a selectable switch!

Credit where it's due, I've been following some of Mik's newer designs and I find them quite exciting. New devices keep the vape habit fresh and interesting for us all.

Not to mention you dont have to tell people "No, its NOT a mobile phone.. or a razer from the 1920's.. its an electronic cigarette.. Its called the Jantystick ;) - as weird as it does look, i do love mine though. Hey, maybe even because of its weird looks - but yeah i agree, new designs keep it all fresh - plus i wanted to put something out there that hopefully could make non-ecig smokers go "Wow.. what is that"

I noticed some slots in the atty connector that seem different than my 801's or 201's. Is this a proprietary design? Will a plain-jane 801 atty work? I suppose I could try it

There are some differences between high and low bridged atomizers, - you should probably dig around on this and some of the other forums for more info - in general our atomizers work best, - others have had great results with XXX brand, but then again there has also been numerous reports of people being unsatisfied with XXX brand. Its up to you to discover ;)

Is it perhaps possible to screw on an adapter (perhaps a tall one, or a modified cart) to use a 510 atty? I have 510 pass-through devices and I think there are subtleties to the vape that I would really enjoy from the JS.

Yes, this is called a dura adapter, and looks more or less like an 801 atomizer, and inside it, you have 510 adapter thread, which you can screw your dura adaptor on. I believe we have them on Janty World - HOME - Janty World

Apologies for my ranting scroll, I could have started a new thread somewhere else - but I like to hear what Mik has to say.

Bah no problem =) Enjoy your stay!

-GI

- Hope this helps a bit!

/Mik

General Idea

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 24, 2009
Northeast Pennsylvania
All great information Mik, Thank you!

At the end of this day I am actually quite content with the Stick I've got.:D

This is actually my 33rd device (I counted with my fingers lol). I turn people on to ecigs every day over the counter - we let them try before they buy. I have tons of eliquid (over 10L in tiny bottles) and yes the right liquid enhances the experience greatly.

As for voltage I am mostly curious, I have something great but I am always ready for the next thrill. I'd probably be happy with a rheostat and a swivel knob mainly so I'd have something to play with and rant about - but it would probably just be something else to break.

I will keep an eye open for the XL and any other updates to the stick and it is fantastic that I can get a dura adapter.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread