Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
That's what I'm trying to learn now but haven't been able to make it look like yours. It's almost always too thick or too thin. Thanks for the KFL videos by the way, I based my build on that. Although I have my coils pointing the opposite way. Next time I'll get that right.

thanks buddy. it does take a little time to get the feel, but like everything else once you get it its like second nature and will become very easy. good luck

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
What wire ?

This chart is for A1 type of Kanthal wire per inch, other grades are different.

30 awg (Ω/in) 0.7 ohms per inch
31 awg (Ω/in) 0.9 ohms
32 awg (Ω/in) 1.2 ohms
33 awg (Ω/in) 1.4 ohms
34 awg (Ω/in) 1.8 ohms
35 awg (Ω/in) 2.3 ohms
36 awg (Ω/in) 2.9 ohms

Using 28 gauge.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
What I meant, in part, was; if some kid at the vapor boutique thinks theyallthat cause they have a .2Ω build, wouldn't a couple more wraps of whatever wire they are using increase VTF? Wouldn't a .4Ω build (same wire gauge) that actually had a few turns in the coil actually deliver more steam and more nic?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
View attachment 241480

this is how i position my cotton..

IM THE NEXT PICASSO :danger:

not sure if you been doing only the PID (poop in diaper) coil for all of your juices but for me it depends on the actual juice I use. I vape basically 3 flavors and 2 are better with the standard micro but my 3rd flavor shines with the PID coil. the other day I received some grants vanilla custard and its ok with the standard micro, but when I used it with the PID coil it is awesome, the flavor is a lot more pronounced and is now my favorite juice. it seems to me that my sweet flavors are better with the PID coil compared to the standard micro coil. long story short,im going to need more reo's

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Sorry folks I know that was stupid. I could have swore the opposite just happened to me and I was bamboozled. I just wrapped a 13 coil beauty and it's sitting at 2ohms. I want to be around 1.4-1.6 so I will do 12 wraps or perhaps 11. Have no idea the size of the drill bit I'm wrapping around but it looks right. I also burnt my finger on some tweezers in the process of setting the coil over a stove. :laugh: I need to pick up a torch because I am liking this technique.

Or you could go the simple route and grab a bic lighter ;) Welcome to the fray!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
In what little experience that I have in building microcoils, I've found for how i wrap with 30kanthal,I like mine around 1 ohm. IMO, .8 - 1 provides more hit, but I prefer the amount of vapor I get from 1.2 - 1.4. For the juices I vape. So 1 - 1.2ish

in general I find that 1-ohm is the cut off with 30g wire, maybe even to 1.1 to 1.2Ω. if going under 1- ohm or slightly above, a thicker wire is better. I just believe that 30g is to thin to handle the higher amps involved in sub-1 resistances.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
not sure if you been doing only the PID (poop in diaper) coil for all of your juices but for me it depends on the actual juice I use. I vape basically 3 flavors and 2 are better with the standard micro but my 3rd flavor shines with the PID coil. the other day I received some grants vanilla custard and its ok with the standard micro, but when I used it with the PID coil it is awesome, the flavor is a lot more pronounced and is now my favorite juice. it seems to me that my sweet flavors are better with the PID coil compared to the standard micro coil. long story short,im going to need more reo's

The pampers coil blocks off air to the bottom of the coil. After numerous tests (my claw coils, etc) I have found that the bottom of the coil is where most of the TH and sharper flavor notes stem from. The top is very effective in smoothing out sweet flavors by eliminating those bitter notes that would otherwise seem out of place.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
What I meant, in part, was; if some kid at the vapor boutique thinks theyallthat cause they have a .2Ω build, wouldn't a couple more wraps of whatever wire they are using increase VTF? Wouldn't a .4Ω build (same wire gauge) that actually had a few turns in the coil actually deliver more steam and more nic?

That would seem logical but then why is it that airflow has such a large influence on the amount of vapor produced? Are we actually vaporizing more juice or are the droplets finer or more dispersed or are there just more of them. What role does temperature play? We're controlling temperature by adjusting voltage and resistance but what is the optimum temperature and what role does the number of coils play? Or how close they are to each other? Is BT even now firing up their dusty R&D departments to answer these questions?

FnMag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Dothan, Al. USA
That would seem logical but then why is it that airflow has such a large influence on the amount of vapor produced? Are we actually vaporizing more juice or are the droplets finer or more dispersed or are there just more of them. What role does temperature play? We're controlling temperature by adjusting voltage and resistance but what is the optimum temperature and what role does the number of coils play? Or how close they are to each other? Is BT even now firing up their dusty R&D departments to answer these questions?

If you watch people and their Photos/Vids, sure seems like when they take a photo without the RDA assembled it be spewing forth massive clouds. More air flow available. Bigger hole makes more clouds the higher the temp/lower the Ohms. Remove the drip tip and suck the end of the atty with a ginormous hole in the side maybe ? I'm not sure.

I'm impressed with the thickness of Killua's clouds, but I need battery life so I can take the thing to work and vape on a single battery if possible. Oh, and not set off any fire alarms/ smoke detectors! :D

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Maybe a silly question and probably the wrong thread for this post but thought some of you guys may know.

I know absolutely nothing about juice manufacture but as most of us are searching to improve flavour with our coils what stops the juice manufacturers or the diy'ers just adding more flavouring. I am guessing there must be a downside.

Some manufacturers do. I regularly order extra shots for my juice because my taste buds are so shot I can barely taste the regular strength stuff.

And there is a downside...too much flavoring tastes horrible so it's important to strike a balance. I have several juices sitting around that taste like rancid battery acid because I got a little shot happy. Take a drop of Lorann's lemon flavoring and put it on your tongue...it does NOT taste like lemon (yes...I did that...and yes...I regretted it. Get your jabs in now).

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
A sure tip off. I'd never make it to the mailbox.

tell ya what, I'd pay good $ to see a video of you running to the mailbox with one of those cams strapped to the back of your head and then doing a quick zigzag and a hop over the hedge when your lady tries to cut you off halfway back to the front door. (can you get a neighbor to shoot?)

FnMag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Dothan, Al. USA
I just did a real quick experiment....

Vaped 4 seconds and blew the cloud with the micropoopinadiaper in an iGo-l with factory hole and then swapped to my second one with a 1/16" hole.

Results: Dense cloud with the smaller hole. Maybe a tad more richness/smoothness in flavor too. The larger hole has a little more throat hit. Might be because I was getting more air into my lungs and breathing faster/easier than the smaller hole.

Those were the impressions I got.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
I'd pay a dollar to be a fly on that wall!

Yes, now THAT would have been worthy of recording for posterity. It was actually painful.

There's a reason I joined the Marine Corps and not the Peace Corps and dropped out of that one school...starts with a c...cottage...colander...something like that.

FnMag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Dothan, Al. USA
Yes, now THAT would have been worthy of recording for posterity. It was actually painful.

There's a reason I joined the Marine Corps and not the Peace Corps and dropped out of that one school...starts with a c...cottage...colander...something like that.

Collage???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread