Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I've posted this in the AIOS clone thread but thought I'd run it by you guys as well.
The SS wick is only feeding the liquid to the cotton, it's not inside the coil, it works pretty good but give me a couple more days...............
1393318_688689377821956_145896022_n.jpg

That's 22 mm
It purrs too

There's dual micros(new) in here too, again, but no pics, 1 Ω this time.
1384359_688695411154686_2082878696_n.jpg

Last edited:

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I second that. What kind of cap/rba is that??

Cool cap! Where did you get it.
It is an E-Kustoms acrylic top cap on an Igo-W. I believe they make them for a few other atomizers as well. Check them out on instagram/facebook. They don't have a website yet. They make some awesome caps. They are about to release carbon fiber caps even lol

-SMT-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Hawaii
Rockin' 26g Nichrome 11 wraps with cotton on a 1/16" ID running @ 0.5Ω

Previous build was 27g Kanthal with 8 wraps @ 0.7, I think I like the Nichrome better. Seem's the longer coil is giving better flavor, or maybe its the Nichrome.....

With the Reo, and an RM2, this setup is blazin' flavor, clouds, and TH's.....bottom feeder's for the win
IMG_1885_zpsb5955a97.jpg

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
....... I don't know what else will fit in the small space I have to work with and I'm running out of ideas.

There seems to be a buzz on the vertical dragon build at the moment. I'm trying that in one of my 804s at the moment, and it's working well so far. I had tried them with a .7mm id (nano) and liked it pretty good but decided there was a little too much popping and spitting so I went back to a horizontal micro. Then I seen another post that mentioned 1.5mm id so I decided to give that a try. Much better. Just smooth vapor production with no popping at all, plus my cotton seems to be lasting much longer.

Anyways, you should have plenty of room for an eight wrap (16 coils) of duel wire 32 ga. mounted vertically. I'd just recommend a vertical micro instead of a nano.

Last edited:

arilen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bryan, Texas
I tried a vertical nano a while back with 28g wrapped on a paperclip and it didn't do so well, there wasn't enough air flow and the vapor was very poor.

maybe I had it packed to tight, I will try it again and maybe do a little bigger ID and go micro this time.

I used up the last of my 32g on this twisted coil, its still hitting pretty good , but it does seem to gunk up alot faster, I vape cinnageek,which is a sweet cinnamon juice and it gunks up fast anyways, but this was a lot sooner, usually dry burn every other day and I'm good as new.

I already had to dry burn and rewick today and I just wrapped a new twisted coil yesterday.

I got a few more wraps this time and it came out to 1.8 ohms, instead of 1.4 like the last one, a few more wraps made the vapor even better

arilen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bryan, Texas
Any ideas what to try with some ribbon wire, all I have left is some ribbon and some 28g until friday (payday),

I have just under a meter of ribbon left and about 2 meters of 28g, friday I will stop by vapegeek ( local b&m, with a web site, check her out, vapegeek dot com, the cinnageek is delicious ) and get some more 32g.

I really need to get a roll off ebay its alot cheaper the ¢.99 a meter.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Any ideas what to try with some ribbon wire, all I have left is some ribbon and some 28g until friday (payday),

I have just under a meter of ribbon left and about 2 meters of 28g, friday I will stop by vapegeek ( local b&m, with a web site, check her out, vapegeek dot com, the cinnageek is delicious ) and get some more 32g.

If you haven't seen it already, search utube for 'rip trippers tinman' video. I plan on giving it try if I ever get some ribbon. I've seen some posts where some said they were going to try it, but I never did see any results. I could have missed them though because I can't keep up with this thread lol.

I think you'll probably like the 1.5mm vertical setup. It lets the dragon breath a little. As the old saying goes 'if you can't stand the heat, don't poke the dragon' lol. :vapor:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-micro-coil-build-aro-evod-protank-heads.html

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO

What size ribbon? :D

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
If I was a true baller I would send you one bro :). You deserve it.

I just want to take this moment to curse super_x, Xobe, and the rest of you for MAKING me buy a new Metallic Purple Reo which I just ordered ... damn you ... damn you ... you made me do it. ;-)

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I just want to take this moment to curse super_x, Xobe, and the rest of you for MAKING me buy a new Metallic Purple Reo which I just ordered ... damn you ... damn you ... you made me do it. ;-)

Glad we could help lighten your pocket and make your vapefu more powerful!

:vapor:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

Curse us now, thank us when you get it, curse us when you can't stop buying them. It's a vicious cycle :)

Congrats, you are about to be amazed :)

msween00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Hamden, CT
Curse us now, thank us when you get it, curse us when you can't stop buying them. It's a vicious cycle :)

Congrats, you are about to be amazed :)

Ain't that the truth. I got my Mini 2.1 out of the classifieds like a week ago and I'm already wondering which color I'll get next. I already bought two other doors (hammer tone on black wrinkle is sexy)... I have a feeling I'll have an army soon.

Sent using a free app that cost me $2.99

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
Could someone please post a link to the thread on how to make an effective cotton quick. I have been working on getting this whole thread read and I seem to remember someone referring to a thread such as this. Thanks in advance!

Sent from "The Natural State" via Tapatalk & a Galaxy Note 3
I had a post a while ago showing how I wick my coils. If you're having trouble with the normal method give mine a shot, it's pretty easy and repeatable.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/416271-micro-coils-increase-vapor-flavor-th-174.html#post10933774

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread