Mini Pipe atomizer review....the results are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
No worries Lu, there was no way for you to know ;).

I guess my avatar not being particularly feminine doesn't help, eh :lol: ? I just happen to have a Camel brand obsession (Joe Camel in particular)...

Cheers,
Silver

That's alright...many here call me Sam...and "mate"....lol

I've got to get a feminine avatar....one of these days! :D

Lu

Silver

ɹǝʌןıs
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2008
New Zealand
That's alright...many here call me Sam...and "mate"....lol

My original plan was to answer like this "No worries mate...", but then changed my mind :lol:. Glad I did (although here in NZ I don't believe it's considered inappropriate to say this to a female friend ?) !

I've got to get a feminine avatar....one of these days!

Nahh, it's much more fun to keep 'm guessing :D !

Cheers,
Silver

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
So after a day of vapin' my pipe, I've gotta say I do love this thing (despite all this atomizer controversy....lol)

It's great to hold....such a perfect size. And it really does mimic smoking a regular pipe. I see why you guys like it so much!

Well, tomorrow's another day....let's see how it goes!

Oh, I meant to add....I still smoke some analogs but today I smoked the least I have since I sold my SD. Glad I got back on track again :)

Lu

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Reading all this variation in reports from different people of which atomizers work and which don't - even within the same model number - I've got to think it's just a simple matter of the connection being made or not being made between the center poles of the atomizer and of the threaded connector on the pipe.

After all, there is some variation in depth of the center poles on atomizers and batteries from the same manufacturor. And, they get pressed in with use as well.

This whole issue is also the same one we've seen with USB passthroughs, working fine with some atomizers, but not with others. In fact, I'm betting if you were to use the ball of tinfoil trick Lu, to make sure the connection between the two center poles was made, you would find that the atomizers that didn't work with your pipe before suddenly do.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
... although I have found it's very important to have the carts topped up with just the right amount of juice, I have found that if I overfill it can take quite a while to get the atomizer to give off much vapour but once it gets going it's absolutely ages before it needs topping up again.

You are right! I was overfilling....so used to filling it up to a little pool with my pens. That seemed to work for me with them...but not the pipe. When it seems dry, I put 20 drops and it works great. I think it might even be able to take a bit more. I will try one drop more at a time. But the 20 lasts a long time...expecially when you're using 2 pipes at once :D

Lu

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Can some one explain to me why the pipe is the most vapor producing e smoking device? Also the taste and Throat hit is better with the pipe than anything else. It uses a penstyle atomizer..so I don't think it is the atomizer that is the difference. The battery is not bigger than a e cigar. So what is it that makes this so good? Ever since I got this thing I don't have an urge to smoke....I prefer it to smoking cigarettes.

Silk

Dec 11, 2008
Romford UK
I think its a mix.

The atomiser is slightly diferent - nothing huge, but (and I can only compare to smokster's atomisers) the bridge seems larger (not pulled one apart to examine a coil yet) and the hole placement 'will' change the way airflow passes over the coil (ergo affect the way vapour is produced and sent up the mouthpiece).

Also, although the battery time isn't that much greater (I find it about the same to be honest, but then as a true pipe smoker - I am murder on batteries anyway) the power delivered is slightly higher, (thats amps not volts) & I find it heats my atomisers more than even a passthrough. (quite a lot more)

Tooling for 'these' atomisers might be slightly better,(but I'll reserve judgment till I try a couple more) or the coil wire might even come from a different supplier and have a slightly different composite mix. Also with items this small, even tight tollerences could make quite a big diference in performance - which would help explain the large diference in even the same co's atomisers (I'm was originally trained as a toolmaker, and also done my time in r&d)

But so far. I am finding it exceeds all my pens with or without passthrough. With the exception of one lucky mix of one of Smokesters pen atomisers (which has always been without a collar) and the mini pipe - but that has always been an exceptional atomiser. Other experiments by me in this line have produced mixed results.

Design wise (for e-pipes) I think it is heading in the right direction (unlike the ruyan one) - we're not there yet, but I can see a (few) ways it could go.

ted26

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
uk england
I am using a rn4072 atomizer with the collar removed which at present is giving very good vapour with a darn good throat hit!

I have a penstyle mod which takes a aa lithium battery which sometimes can give too much power and burn the liquid so i am taking a shot that the battery is of perfect size/amp/voltage giving such good results!

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Lu, to get the 801 atomizers to work you have to file or grind the band down a little. the band hits the pipe body and stops the internal connector from connecting. I've done this to mine and they work great, much better then the factory atomizers. I even put a couple small notches in the band to allow for more air flow. After modifying they still work on the 801 stuff.

Vince...I asked some one (I think it was epipeman) regarding original vs 801 atomizers for the mini pipe. They said bestecig 801 fit well with out modification...but produced much "airier" vapor. Which 801s ats did you modify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread