Mini Pipe atomizer review....the results are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
EDO, I modified the ones from ecigmall. It just so happens that I received my order from Bestecig today and their 801's do work great with no modding. As a matter of fact these atomizers rock! I'm using one now and I have to blow the vapor to the side to see the computer screen! Wow, My modded ones now go in the "back-up" box.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Vince..do you like them better than the original? Are they airier than the original? Does it produce the same throat hit and thick vapor like the origianl atomizer. The reason I am asking, as far as I know the bestecig atomizers I believe have 4 holes on the band while the originals have the 4 holes inside the atomizer. Thanks in advance.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
I find the draw the same and the ones I got from Bestecig only have 2 holes. 2 tiny holes by the band. I do like them better then the original pipe ones. one of my originals went cold after a couple hours. The other one works but the stainless steel ones from Best put out twice the vapor. Throat hit seems about the same. This is only my experience as it seems that atomizer performance varies from batch to batch.

And I really like the way the pipe looks with the stainless steel atomizer, all high tech and stuff.

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
3) Now here's a kicker....my silver at with a silver band...I believe I ordered from Beci at bestecig.com I tried 2 that I am using right now on other pens and I liked it so much on the pipe, I went and ordered a 5 pack from Beci and will let you know how they work when received. I tried to see what the difference was between the black and silver bands. All I could see is the silver one has a bit of a larger hole there (the main hole to the battery).

Also, since my white ones worked so well, I ordered one white one with a silver band to try. Did I tell it like it is, or what? :cool:

Edited to add: I'm tellin' ya....the white ones with the black band are even better. I have had them on both of mine straight since Sun, and they are still going strong. These were from PS but he's out of them. I'll see if the white one from Beci is any good.

Lu

Last edited:

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
You might want to order some other stuff with that order because it's $20 for shipping.
I wouldn't think color makes any difference but I'm sticking with stainless steel. Paint just holds heat in (not enough to matter, but still). Plus all my stuff from Bestecig is stainless so I don't mix it up with my other stuff that is all black. I wouldn't order juice though. I've heard of larger shipments of juice being held by customs. A small order would probably be okay.

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
oh crap... I ordered some juice (5x10ml) with the silver atomizers before reading your post. How do they know what is in the package?....I shouldn't say this but Ive been ordering cigarettes from the Ukraine for years. Not once have had any problems. Dirt cheap too.

You should be alright EDO. I haven't heard of customs seizing any of Beci's shipments yet. And trust me, with all that bubble wrap on there, they will never see those 5 little bottles....lol

Lu

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
So must be 2 week now for most mini pipe owners, hows everyones atomizers doing?

I washed 2 of mine out with water and they never recovered properly for some strange reason!

but overall the device still rocks :D

I haven't had much luck with atomizer life since I started vaping....but terraphon came up with the idea of cleaning atomizers with Coca-cola .....and it does seem to restore some life to a failing atomizer.

Magnus

Feb 27, 2009
France
So must be 2 week now for most mini pipe owners, hows everyones atomizers doing?

I washed 2 of mine out with water and they never recovered properly for some strange reason!

but overall the device still rocks :D

I've had the same experience too Ted. Cleaned two of my original atomizers out (water rinse & Coke bath technique) to help change juice flavour and they have not recovered very well. I'm pushing on with them to see of they just need breaking in again. Day 2 now and they are improving but still not back to their out of the box performance.

Having said that, I have a new Silver 4072 atomizer from e-cigs uk which worked a treat right off the bat, and an old kissbox atomizer which also steams away on the mini-pipe.

I think the new style mini pipe atomizers must have some significant design differences. It would be great to open one up once it is dead and see what makes them tick differently.

Has anybody else tried cleaning an original mini-pipe atomizer?

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I've had the same experience too Ted. Cleaned two of my original atomizers out (water rinse & Coke bath technique) to help change juice flavour and they have not recovered very well. I'm pushing on with them to see of they just need breaking in again. Day 2 now and they are improving but still not back to their out of the box performance.

Having said that, I have a new Silver 4072 atomizer from e-cigs uk which worked a treat right off the bat, and an old kissbox atomizer which also steams away on the mini-pipe.

I think the new style mini pipe atomizers must have some significant design differences. It would be great to open one up once it is dead and see what makes them tick differently.

Has anybody else tried cleaning an original mini-pipe atomizer?
I have been using my mini pipe for three weeks today......I am using my third atomizer because I love the easy steam train vape of a new atomizer.....this third one has been cleaned with Coca-cola ..and although it took a little while to get if going again, it is vaping quite a bit better at the moment. Other than that the mini pipe so far is Brilliant and just how I want vaping to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread