Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
A note on the battery life which has been mentioned before.... if you leave the batteries in the mini pipe whilst not in use, they have a habit of discharging which is particularly noticeable overnight.

So mini pipe tip of the day:

Remove those batteries if you plan to leave it unattended for extended periods... doesn't happen much round here :p

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Ok vince between you and me and the rest of this forum..lol...I never understood why people would vape banana and pina-colada..sweet flavors like that. I got the mini pipe early in my transition to vaping...I would smoke the marlboro and other strong tobacco flavors and think to myself my god this is too sweet tasting. How could people handle banana flavor? I mean most of my smoking friends were laughing at all the flavors available in ecigarettes. All the years I was smoking i never once thought hey I wish my cigarette tasted like coke. I think in your last post I got a revelation. You guys are covering up the strange taste in the ecigarette atomizers. The Marlboro tastes sweet with mini atomizer but taste like marlboro in the bestecig atomizer. Some one said to me to get the shag cigar liquid if you want a real heavy smoke taste. I did get it...in the minipipe it is still sweet and nice like a good pipe tobacco.... with the bestecig atomizer it tastes pretty awful....like cheap crappy cigar.

Vince...I appreciate your help...let me know how your test of the atomizers turns out. Also please test a new bestecig atomizer, if you can, and compare it to a mini atomizer. I have a feeling the strange taste will be a lot stronger in a new atomizer.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
I agree about the flavors. At first I thought it would be great to have flavors like fruit and such, but after a while I found myself going back to the RY4 I got in the beginning. I just ordered some Flu-Cured tobacco, RY4, and Cigar flavors. I also have a VG sample pack ordered that should be here in a couple of days. I will try these with my last 2 new atomizers and let you know. I may have to mark each one so I don't get them mixed up.

Thanks for the tip Deuce. battery out at night.

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
thanks Vince. I am looking forward to your feedback.

Deuce that is a good tip....sometimes I would leave an almost full battery in the pipe overnight ...when I would go to work I couldn't understand why it would run out of steam so fast.

Thanks Edo and all other members for doing all that invesigative work!! I will be looking forward to hearing the results on the atomizers.
That taste seems to be fading or I am getting used to it (I hope not).
p.s. I am a lady, not a guy! LOL

One of these days I will get an avatar up.:shock:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Thanks Edo and all other members for doing all that invesigative work!! I will be looking forward to hearing the results on the atomizers.
That taste seems to be fading or I am getting used to it (I hope not).
p.s. I am a lady, not a guy! LOL

One of these days I will get an avatar up.:shock:

Sorry about calling you a he...lol.

I am comparing the two atomizers (pipe atomizer vs. bestecig) head to head. The pipe atomizer produces less vapor but the vapor is far more satisfying since it is like a pipe smoke...it lingers in the air. The bestecig produces more vapor but the vape is airy and more cigarrette like.

When comparing aroma...the bestecig vape almost has no aroma....while the pipe atomizer is aromatic. And this might also be the reason that with pipe atomizer everything tastes sweeter and more pipe like. Marlboro taste like marlboro with the bestecig atomizer but taste like fine pipe tabacco with the original atomizer.

Thoat hit...no comparison the original pipe atomizer has far more throat hit. I know throat hit means different things to different people...but however you define it....the pipe atomizer produces more of it.

It seems like I am suggesting the pipe atomizer is better than the bestecig atomizer. Yes and no. If you are into smoking very sweet flavors like banana then I think the besecig atomizer is the way to go. I had some banana flavor sample that I never touched...it tasted better with the bestecig. It was way too sweet with the pipe atomizer. Also it is seems to me that the bestecig atomizer will last longer since it is very durable. You can flood it and it will vape like a champion. I threw it into pepsi to see if i can get the primer off of it. Had no problem getting it to work right afterwards. With the pipe atomizer you can't drip or top off your cart since it will clog the atomizer(but to be honest you don't want to drip since it has such heavy throat hit anyway).

I will use the pipe atomizers more since I like tabacco flavors...and the taste is so much better with the pipe atomizer. I will use the bestecig atomizers with cigar eliquid when I am drinking stiff alcohol....I like the taste of cheap cigar when drinking.lol

BTW...soaking the atomizer in pepsi for a couple hrs...did work...it removed the primer and the vile taste off of my atomizer.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Don't get batteries from E-Bay ! unless you make sure they say rechargeable on them like Duece said above. I got some non-rechargeables that were 14250 but won't work because they will only discharge about .1amp, not enough to fire an atomizer.
BTW, I have never seen the right ones on e-bay or I would have bought them all already, Hahaha

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
No, those are the ones I have and will not work, they are not lithium ion but rather lithium thional chloride. they have a low discharge rate. they will work in pinball machines for the memory and clocks and such where they will last for 4 or 5 years, but are not rechargeable and are "primary" use only. Try and charge and they explode. Also don't be fooled by the blue ones you see, if they are rated at any higher then 300mah and don't say "rechargeable" then they are primary thional chloride type and no good.
Note what it says under uses. Security Alarms, clocks, transmitter beacons, long life uses. These are often soldered in and some come with leads on them for this.
Also "single use" is a dead give away that they can't be rechargeable.

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
My Lady Pipe switch died on me today....what a bummer. I had an extra one but it still sucks. I vape very heavily and if I have to replace these things every month...I will go broke.lol Any one try the Lady pipe atomizer with a 801 battery? If so...how did it work out? I am thinking of ordering some 801 batteries from bestecig....but before ordering I would like some feedback.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Janet -

They are unfortunately very hard to come by at the moment... we have a few left but I'm not sure who sells them in the US.... as I said, they are 14250 3.7 V rechargeable lion batteries, rated around 300mah. They are not a standard size so you'll most probably have to get them from suppliers selling the Mini Pipe.:(

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Hi Janet -

They are unfortunately very hard to come by at the moment... we have a few left but I'm not sure who sells them in the US.... as I said, they are 14250 3.7 V rechargeable lion batteries, rated around 300mah. They are not a standard size so you'll most probably have to get them from suppliers selling the Mini Pipe.:(

I've found this:

But they are listed as 3.6V. Do these look right?

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Hi Janet -

Hi Tim...I hope you can get a hold of these batteries easy enough! I haven't got a clue where else in the UK I could get any replacements if you didn't have any left in stock, that's always the worry with essential consumables.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
EDO, the 801 battery will not work with the pipe atomizer simply because it has internal venting and the 801 battery closes it off. Already tried. Standard 801's vent on the outer edge of their threads.

Walrus, read my post above #91 should explain about the batteries you found.

East Mall is selling batteries for $6. But- You pays your money, you takes your chances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread