The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mixing By Weight: Basics 101

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Capt.shay, May 13, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kickingthesticks

Kickingthesticks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    I got super lazy and strated making pre mix, where I just add my mix to pg, vg, nic. 200 MLS of premix saves alot of time especially when you have a recipe that's got alot of ingredients.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Same here. I always have a row of bottles mixed with flavor, but I vape unflavored more than flavored. I have some over-flavored bottles that I use as add mixes for unflavored. I just add a small squirt of a flavored juice and fill the tank with unflavored. The longer I vape the more my taste buds need to recover. Less is more when you reach that point.

Yesterday I mixed up four 100ml bottles of 3mg/ml unflavored mix. Unflavored covers most of my vape day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. gnees

gnees Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 31, 2014
    Telford Pa.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Vapping Drone Pilot

Vapping Drone Pilot Full Member

Oct 12, 2018
    Hi

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Vapping Drone Pilot

Oct 12, 2018
    Hi,
    I’m new here and I like seeing other people who mix by weight.
    I noticed 3 blogs you listed on your post. Was wondering if those blogs are in this forum?
    Also any tips on suppliers you use to buy your bottles etc? I found a couple so far but a lot are over priced. So any help would be greatly.
    Now when you write back I’ll have to figure out where I find my messages.
    Thank You

• Like Like x 3
  6. Kickingthesticks

Kickingthesticks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    I get most of my bottles from eBay or fasttech, shipping time for fasttech may be long tough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Mactavish

Mactavish Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. tokarev

tokarev Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    Tennessee, USA
    Just FYI...GBO often lists bottles of the size we use on Amazon. If you have a Prime account (or if your order is over $25) you can get free shipping. Just search for "glass bottle outlet". Admittedly, I haven't compared the pricing vs the GBO website but it seems reasonable. I do a lot of shopping on Amazon so it's convenient for me.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Capt.shay

Capt.shay Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Hi VD and welcome to the forum. As listed above, GBO does a great job for bottles. I usually buy by the case so the prices are quite good there. They have ALL kinds of bottles. I think the blogs are accessible via profile. I think they are mostly device specific. Welcome to the way of the weigh!

11. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Bottles sound expensive, but you buy them once and use them over and over for years. Glass Bottle Outlet is popular, but Boston Rounds are sold elsewhere. There are a few posts uptopic. Check out the prices and choose a vendor. If you can get free shipping from Amazon, that may be the best deal. Some glass suppliers charge more for shipping than I think is necessary. If you have Amazon Prime and the item is eligible it's a free 2 day ship.

12. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been getting boston rounds off of the bay reasonable enough.

• Like Like x 2
  13. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
  14. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    I’ve always bought from GBO, their prices are the best I’ve found but the shipping can be brutal. However, they used to occasionally run a free shipping special which is a great time to stock up. Not sure if they still do but if you set up an account and get on their email list they will notify you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I wonder if @Vapping Drone Pilot is still waiting for a response to his questions o_O.

16. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    My wife found a new use for my LB-501 scale. Postage! It's accurate at those light weights. Just tare and drop the letter on the scale. Saves having to go to the post office to find out the postage on heavier envelopes. The alternative is to put more postage than you think to prevent an under postage return to your mail box.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Vapping Drone Pilot

Oct 12, 2018
    Hi John,
    First Thank You for easy detailed tutorial on how to DIY mixing by weight.
    I was wonder about when you purchase your PG/VG with the nicotine already added how do I calculate it then? I didn’t want to deal with handling straight nicotine so I pay a little bit more for my PG/VG.

I bought everything from beakers to a magnetic stirring bar. I have yet to even taken everything out of the shipping boxes because I’m so confused what Flavoring to buy. I don’t want to purchase 4 different marshmallow,ripe strawberry etc until I make enough mistakes using the wrong brand or the wrong strawberry. My wife wants to kill me for having 30 Mods and case of DIY mixing supplies and it’s been boxed up for 4 months just because I look at Flavoring and there’s TFA,Flavor West,Capella and all has the same flavors.
    One person says buy from here and another tells me know you don’t want that buy it from here!
    Now do you see why I’m so hesitant in making my on eliquid. If I buy a banana,ripe strawy from every company I would go broke and be divorced.

I did see a post on here but I can’t find it now where a member recommended like the Top 20 flavors you should have on hand and a recommendation where to purchase it from and even broke everything buy cost etc. It was very detailed and it must of taking a lot of time to put together such detailed information but I’ve searched and searched but can’t find it now.

It’s members like you who take the time to share your knowledge with all the people new to DIY and we learn from your mistakes when you first started.And for that I can never Thank You enough!

Also as a beginner what size Flavoring size bottle would you recommend purchasing? I think there are some flavors that a lot of recipes may call for more often so that flavor I would buy maybe a 30ml like marshmallow and other like kiwi for example you would buy a small amount.

So Thank You in advance for any help you can give me and I appreciate this detailed information on mixing by weight which is the way I plan on mixing if I ever buy Flavoring.
    Jim

18. Vapping Drone Pilot

Oct 12, 2018
    I tried to locate this Liquix in the Apple App Store. I was wondering if it’s a Android App and not for Apple.
    Thank You

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vapping Drone Pilot

Oct 12, 2018

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vapping Drone Pilot

Oct 12, 2018
    That is a good idea! My question is does she use a service to know how much like a 4x4x4 box that ways 3.5 pounds shipping to California let’s say.
    I do a lot of eBay and hate shipping because it’s back and fourth the the post office. I’ve thought about looking into how you ship from home but didn’t know which company to trust. I know each box has to be measured and you have to know the weight. Does it give you the prices on different shipping and tracking numbers?
    Thank You for any help!
    Jim

• Like Like x 1