Mod brands to avoid? Why smok hated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
I was wondering what some of the mod companies i should probably avoid for mods since im new to vaping?
Did a quick research and apperentely smok is hated all over the internet mostly just Reddit,
but whats weird is on vaping channels like Grimmgreen and others smok devices are rated pretty solid by them and not hated at all...
All this hate has been by forums mostly and not vaping youtube videos so who do i believe haha
Makes me wanna avoid smok but this is a hobby of mine now i want to give everything a chance TBH
Maybe its just overrated and smok is just fine
I think the hate towards smok comes mainly from people just wanting to have a brand to .... talk. And because they may have made some bad products they claim all of them are bad, but all the smok products I've tried have treated me well. It isn't the best brand or anything, but it's not something to avoid. And they are especially good nowadays

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Smok mods have a very poor track record. As has been already stated, their quality control is very lame.

There was a time when 1-2 people were starting threads each week about their broken Smok mods.

In every case ECF members suggested they purchase better quality mods.

I wouldn't take a Smok mod for free.
What about the new smok mag 18, grimm green and Suck my mod matt loves them is this one ok

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
What about the new smok mag 18, grimm green and Suck my mod matt loves them is this one ok
If they are new we should know the answer in around a year, They could be great mods with an average lifespan of 6 months. Or they could be super reliable.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    hmmm.... This is one of those kind of threads that can cause a flame war LOL .... To smok or not to smok, that is the question LOL ......

I certainly have no pearls of wisdom about Smok other than what I have experienced and from what others have experienced but I will add my 1/2 cent...........

Smok made it big with the TFV 4 tank....... They need to retire the TFV line of tanks as they are getting old LOL.....

Okay, all kidding aside, and to what has already been mentioned, Smok products have had their fair share of problems, especially early on....... Concerning mods, one of the biggest flaws was always with their bottom battery doors opening and breaking (single and dual mods)......... They also had a lot of problems with the female 510 plates loosening on a few of their mods.....

I can't blame people in the least for never wanting to purchase a Smok mod...... However, with that said, I have noticed in the last couple of years that Smok mods have vastly improved from what they once were. They actually seem to have better quality control than in the past.....

"Normally" I have always steered away from Smok products.... I usually do not buy high-end products per say but I purchase mods that I know may last for a while.... I have wismec mods, freemax and others.....All my original vape mods from wismec are still working like the day they were new and they are many, many, years old..... However, and out of pure curiosity, I recently purchased a Smok mod. It is the only Smok mod I have. There are various reasons why I went out of my comfort zone and purchased it but it was mainly due to the HUGE screen that would work better for my poor eyesight (legally blind).....

Will the Smok mod last me? I do not know and I also don't really care because unlike my other mods, I did not purchase the Smok mod for longevity but rather out of sheer curiosity about the specific model.....

So, what do I think of the mod? I totally love the thing..... It hits hard, the mod is small and manageable for a dual and it has GIANT text and a screen I can actually see..... The battery door is not messed up like the old Smok dual's and it works great.... Only time will tell as to if it holds up....

So, I have no advice as to if a person should purchase a Smok mod or not.... If it was 5 years ago then I would probably suggest everyone to stay away from them. But, it is not 5 years ago and their mods are improving.

The real question is if the newer Smok mods will hold up and last......... Time will tell.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
    Maybe the reason it seems there are more broken squonk mods is because there's more people vaping on smok than anything else so that's make sense if that's the case.

And do mods hit differently from one another?
    I thought all mods gave the same exact hit (with the same power setting obviously) but when I got my dovpo dual top I noticed a difference in my profile rda with the hit. I thought maybe it was my new profile changing it somehow but the profile is the dead same as any other profile so the only viable answer would be yes.

I answered it for me. Lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread