Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
I do like them. It seems you either love 'em or hate 'em...not many in between. I closed a couple of the air holes and use a EVOD heads to make the draw a little less airy. I like a cool vape and protanks are cooler than a carto hit and easier to change fluid.
I do use carto tanks most of the time. I have a few from IBTanked and just got my first Bedazzle. Love 'em. Hopefully I'll get one of Cat's
in her next sale.
Just made my first coils a few days ago but the vapor is too hot. Hopefully I will learn a few tricks to bring the temp down. We'll see.

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
www.molehillmountainart.com
Kayte, do you have a Protank? I was in Lowes looking at the washers...and I was wondering if there is a way to make a drip tip that will go over the top of the protank? It may be something that's too much trouble to even think about but lots of people love the tank but hate the metal tip. Just a thought. :)
Hi Scuba.. I'm afraid I don't have one. I assume from what you've said that it would need a threaded tip? I'll have to take a look and see what I can find out (what we would need to do to make a tip for it.) :)
Where's Kayte? :(
I want something new to look at:cry:
lol Sorry about that! I'll have some to post today!
Thanks I will, should be here tomorrow. MM has some of the fastest shipping around.
:) USPS makes us look good! Our local post office is just great!

Lucy74

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2013
Michigan
Hi all!! :)

Scuba, I've been reading up about making coils n such. I'm very curious about it, but I don't think I'm ready to start just yet. I was thinking of getting a protank and making coils for it. I'm thinking that's a project for another day. :)
I don't know if you've seen this thread, it's all about rebuilding coils for the protank....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-rebuild-tutorial-ss-mesh-ribbon-kanthal.html

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
You guys are really doing some beautiful wood tips. Everybody is always drooling in here, me included!

Kayte, the Protank has a solid top. It would need a tip that goes over the top of this tip and has a washer thick enough to hold it in place...and that may not work at all. More knowledge needed than my wishful brainstorming. LOL

protank.jpg

Last edited:

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Thanks for the link Lucy. I haven't tried rebuilding protank coils but it doesn't look too hard. I had bought a couple of RBA and RDAs in case the FDA went crazy. Finally got tired of just looking at them and decided to go for it. It wasn't that difficult. Only took 2 tries to get a coil that worked great. So jump in when you're ready.

Hi all!! :)

Scuba, I've been reading up about making coils n such. I'm very curious about it, but I don't think I'm ready to start just yet. I was thinking of getting a protank and making coils for it. I'm thinking that's a project for another day. :)
I don't know if you've seen this thread, it's all about rebuilding coils for the protank....
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-rebuild-tutorial-ss-mesh-ribbon-kanthal.html

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
You guys are really doing some beautiful wood tips. Everybody is always drooling in here, me included!

Kayte, the Protank has a solid top. It would need a tip that goes over the top of this tip and has a washer thick enough to hold it in place...and that may not work at all. More knowledge needed than my wishful brainstorming. LOL

View attachment 215385
I showed it to Doug and he's 'thinking on it'. We'll just have to wait and see if he thinks a sleeve/skin would work. :)

Love 'em DukeBlue!

I'm fixing to list a gorgeous Amboyna Burl tip. Be right back! :D

Denyse

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Goodfellow AFB

View attachment 215385

My Hubby ordered a Pro tank and I loved it but no way was I giving up my drip tips so it wasn't even an option for me until I saw these........Tatroe Tank 3.2ML Grooved. Now I've got one on the way and I'm very happy knowing I've got beautiful tips to use with it! :laugh:

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
My Hubby ordered a Pro tank and I loved it but no way was I giving up my drip tips so it wasn't even an option for me until I saw these........Tatroe Tank 3.2ML Grooved. Now I've got one on the way and I'm very happy knowing I've got beautiful tips to use with it! :laugh:

Denyse! Good to see you! And I take it that your hubby is very happy with vaping if he's got a Pro tank! YAY! Glad he's home. :)

We're taking the evening off. Two of our grandbabies are coming over to have Chinese food with us tonight. YAY! :D
Have a nice evening everyone!

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
He's home and is cigarette free for 16 days now..woot! However it's kept off the boards for a bit with all our catching up to do. Absolutely loves his drip tip btw :toast: Have a wonderful time with the Grandkids!

That's excellent! Maybe he'll find a spot here on ecf before long. After you two are ready to come out of hiding of course. :laugh: I was thinking about you last week and hoping you were thoroughly enjoying his home coming. :)
I'm glad he's happy with the tip!

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
I am still drooling over the polymer clay on maple... really liked all the color combo and design... any chance of making anything similar to that?
Hi Vyvyene! Doug is planning to get some tips to me for clay soon (this week I think.) I've done quite a few maple tips with polymer, so if you could point out which one you're referring to, that would be great. :)

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Another work week out of the way. I see you had some more wood beauties Kayte!!

So where can I see the colored protanks? I don't like the looks of them either, but I tell you they were perfect and easy for me having to work outside all week and drive for hours. So easy and they hit great. I like that tatroe tank, too. Yeppers, could put a Kayte and doug tip right on those. Kinda spendy for me right now, though. I wonder why it's so much more than a whole protank?

Kayte

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
NM, U.S.
Hi Cat! Glad to see you back home. (I haven't got a clue about the pro tank. I'm sure others do!)

Just listed new tips! Five of them!!! :D

Dyed Orange Box Elder Burl - Wood

SOLD African Bubinga - Wood

And a wonderful collection of Zebrawood! (Sold individually of course.)
SOLD Spalted Zebrawood
SOLD Zebrawood
SOLD and a Dark Unusual Zebrawood

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread