MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Going to order a couple of these for a friend. So you say same atomizer thingy as Protank 2? Because Protank 3 is a different one right?

yepper PT2 & PT3 are diff coils (bcc & bdc)

I don’t have ones that say GS-H2 on them,
but pretty sure these are the same ones and
I use them like crazy with kanger bcc and Smok coils...
- http://blackhatcigs.com/media/catal...b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/m/smok_trio_1.jpg
I think they are just great !

if you go to FT page, clk on their Replacement Heating Cores (takes you to coils)
it states “Also suitable for EVOD, Protank, and Kamry X9 atomizer, etc”

:)

- $1.71 GS-H2 E-Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer (1.5mL) - red / 2.4ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

- $2.55 GS-H5 Bottom Coil Clearomizer (3.0mL) - black / 2.4ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I Love my MVP! Got it a week ago last Wednesday in the VapeMail.
I do about 420 a day on, it goes down to about 3.8 and I charge it overnight. Have a Nautilus on it, just ordered the BVC coils for it.
Use it at 8 Watts and it lasts me all day! Happy Vape Friday All!

howdy M4rtin, well glad you found the MVP thread

all is right in the world when you have a MVP in hand

most will boast good times with a Naut/bvc on the MVP (you did good)

good luck with your new friend

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Just a note. Cleaning doesn't really mean just washing it out and re-filling. That "might" help but generally it has to be dry burned after it's cleaned to get all the gunk off the coils. :)

I broke the coil. Now I get a NON reading on the MVP. I was messing with the wicks and I probably pulled too hard on it causing the wire to break. Went ahead and bought a 5 pack of coils off eBay for $10 with free shipping. The listing says they're Genuine Authentic iClear 30 replacement coils. Seemed like a fair deal.
Five 5 iClear 30 Coils New Genuine 2 1 Ohm | eBay

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
I broke the coil. Now I get a NON reading on the MVP. I was messing with the wicks and I probably pulled too hard on it causing the wire to break.

oops!

Hate it when that happens. I never pull on the coil or the wick through it.

Pull any flavor wicks off and clean/replace them (if silica you can burn them clean with a lighter, gas stove, etc. and reuse a few times.)
Then dry burn just the coil with the wick in it.

I never have any luck trying to rewicking a coil in the head. Others do it though.
I just recoil when the wick is bad.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Ironically enough, one of my fastest eBay vape mail shipments was directly from China for a Vision Spinner 2 and two PTv1s for $19 to my door... Took less than a week...

That's amazing. FastTech used to mark things as shipped and assign a tracking number, but it wouldn't leave their dock for a week. Sometimes more. They'd always blame Hong Kong Post. Once it actually showed-up on the tracking sites you'd get it in about 10 to 14 days.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I broke the coil. Now I get a NON reading on the MVP. I was messing with the wicks and I probably pulled too hard on it causing the wire to break. Went ahead and bought a 5 pack of coils off eBay for $10 with free shipping. The listing says they're Genuine Authentic iClear 30 replacement coils. Seemed like a fair deal.

Not a bad price if genuine. They must use 35ga or higher to get 4.4Ω per coil and it is very fragile.

The tube is so long and the bottom section so deep that it is very difficult to recoil one.

JRudey

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Seems I m a bit late to the party, but if you dont use tank cracker juices, I ve been very happy with a gs-h2 @ 1.5ml and a gs-h5 @ 3ml. They use a readily available, cheap single element atty which can also be re coiled should you wish to go down that route

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a "Genuine GS-H5 tank 3.5ml Clear Atomizer-Cartomizer-Clearomizer - 3.5ml" off eBay for $5 with free shipping.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

are you sure the coil failed and it’s not just a connection issue
there is two coils in there, funny both failed (non)
you have an adapter or another battery to TRY

(DON'T over tighten it trying ! )
Paul speaks the truth about tuff to recoil those... :ohmy:

- iClear 30 Replacement 16-Wick Atomizer Head 5-Pack - VapingME.com
- Innokin - iClear 30 Coils ( 5 pc. ) - D&A Distribution

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Always amazes me when I vape something all day, works just fine, and come home, put the same topper on an MVP and it gets better.

:2c:
got my SMOK NBC tank today (vapemail)
and I am grinning big so far, love the nova design...
put it together, take it apart, clean, rinse, DRY IT
all SO SIMPLE TO DO, pop off drip tip (stands up)
just wish it wasn’t 510 threads
and now with a simple bcc single (make mine cotton please)
a LITTLE airy draw, but works GREAT !

- http://stevevape.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/smok-nbc-tank-review-parts-image.jpg
- 3.5mL NBC Tanks
- SmokTech 3.5ml NBC Bottom Coil Tank Clearomizer | SmokTek.com

- - -

so is your ‘champion’ tank doin ya well ?

- Champion Pyrex ViVi Nova Tanks

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran