My New Screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
Congratulations, Linda!! I never really vaped until I got my Screwdriver. Welcome to the SD Club.

Hi Everyone,

I was just starting to post on the other SD thread when it was closed so I'm hoping someone here will help with some info because I'm about to ask a couple of ignorant questions. Even after reading the descriptions I'm still not clear about the products and I'm about to purchase one of the items.

First, it is my understanding that at this time you have to have an 801 or 901 and the Prodigy just encases the VP.
Is this true?

Second, if that is true, is the SD the same or does it come as a complete unit? If it does I will definitely buy the SD!

I guess there is a third question (sorry) but is the TW SD the same as Trog's?

I only have and have tried the RN4081 (PeeWee) and the M401. Two brand new M401 pass-throughs, from different souces, died within 1 - 2 days!

I tried to figure this out unsuccessfully on my own so any help from someone with more knowledge would be much appreciated! :)

Minna

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Fairfx, VA
Hi Everyone,

I was just starting to post on the other SD thread when it was closed so I'm hoping someone here will help with some info because I'm about to ask a couple of ignorant questions. Even after reading the descriptions I'm still not clear about the products and I'm about to purchase one of the items.

First, it is my understanding that at this time you have to have an 801 or 901 and the Prodigy just encases the VP.
Is this true?

Second, if that is true, is the SD the same or does it come as a complete unit? If it does I will definitely buy the SD!

I only have and have tried the RN4081 (PeeWee) and the M401. Two brand new M401 pass-throughs, from different souces, died within 1 - 2 days!

I tried to figure this out unsuccessfully on my own so any help from someone with more knowledge would be much appreciated! :)

The TW SD is a complete unit and Trog is their supplier. :)

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
Is this true?

The prodigy is available as either 'base' form , meaning you supply your own batteries, charger and atomizer or the 'kit' form where everything is included. the prodigy is the same concept as the SD , meaning it's a battery case that holds a larger battery ( or 2 ) and a manual button to activate. you just attach the atomizer , insert charged batteries and off you go .

the SD comes as a kit i believe..include 2 batteries, charger and 2 atomizers, but you'de have to clarify that with trog or TW first.

yes one and the same , trog manufactures SD's for TW sale and his own sale.

the SD and the prodigy are much the same in concept, the SD is smaller and runs on a single 3.7volt cell and you can have a 901 model or and 801 model.
The prodigy runs on 2 x 3.0v cells and had a voltage clipper that makes it run at around 5 volt. Because it uses 2 cells it's longer/bigger than the SD. The prodigy is available as a 901 or 801 model with plans to release atomizer adaptors so you can use 510 attys too.

ApO.

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
The prodigy is available as either 'base' form , meaning you supply your own batteries, charger and atomizer or the 'kit' form where everything is included. the prodigy is the same concept as the SD , meaning it's a battery case that holds a larger battery ( or 2 ) and a manual button to activate. you just attach the atomizer , insert charged batteries and off you go .

the SD comes as a kit i believe..include 2 batteries, charger and 2 atomizers, but you'de have to clarify that with trog or TW first.

yes one and the same , trog manufactures SD's for TW sale and his own sale.

the SD and the prodigy are much the same in concept, the SD is smaller and runs on a single 3.7volt cell and you can have a 901 model or and 801 model.
The prodigy runs on 2 x 3.0v cells and had a voltage clipper that makes it run at around 5 volt. Because it uses 2 cells it's longer/bigger than the SD. The prodigy is available as a 901 or 801 model with plans to release atomizer adaptors so you can use 510 attys too.

ApO.

ApO and Minna,

Thank you both very much! :) You clearly answered my questions and I appreciate it. I think I will probably go for the SD (mainly because it has history) and then the Prodigy once it has been tried for awhile.

I'm trying to stock-up on everything just in case the FDA situation goes badly and I need a VP with more punch than I have now!

Thanks again! :):)

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
OK, I'll bite. What's a TW SD? I'm pretty sure that SD = Screwdriver, but what does "TW" stand for.

Thanks!

Don (vaping cigeasy's KR808D-1)
the newest of newbies (vaping one day and counting)

"TW" stands for "Totally Wicked" -- they are now selling the SD on their US and UK websites (see the supplier forum) -- they're waiting on the next shipment, which should arrive next week, from what I've read. (You can't pre-order.) Trog also sells them (when in stock) directly from his own website in the UK.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
"TW" stands for "Totally Wicked" -- they are now selling the SD on their US and UK websites (see the supplier forum) -- they're waiting on the next shipment, which should arrive next week, from what I've read. (You can't pre-order.) Trog also sells them (when in stock) directly from his own website in the UK.

Sorry for this delay in acknowledging your kind answer!

I did finally (after immersing myself in ECF a bit longer) figure it out for myself ... and I forgot that I had posted this query.

Since I posted my question, I've moved on to the penstyle (DSE801), which I prefer to my initial KR808D-1 (those disposable cartomizers were getting expensive) ... and I've even begun DIY mixing. Oh ... I am so advanced now! :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread