Status
Not open for further replies.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Sold as being 100% "Organic" (obviously) and high end due to packaging, this is the latest wick to hit the high street in Paris's deluxe vape boutiques. Essentially. it's just plain old untreated cotton sold with the flower still attached just as it grows in my garden!

However, there is something I have noticed about using cotton straight off the tree, the fibers are more linear and it has that untreated lack of 'sogginess' you get with the processed cousin, so maybe there is something in it!

I personally find it's fibers wick more like cellucotton (rayon) and it does take some breaking in for sure. Well, if you live where cotton grows, you might save yourself a few Euro's and give it a try straight from nature. If not. 'Naked Cotton' is marketed and sold in pretty packets with the flower still intact on top to prove it's authenticity.

i4E7H4T.jpg

not to be confused with, although similar to

http://vapenaked.com/product/vapers-choice-cotton/?age-verified=3c5b71e8b8

however this is processed to remove the cotton bugs:shock:

Well, there you have it..something old and something new! Heading into the garden to see if my plantation is ready for harvesting-not lol

Juicy

Reactions: Jugband

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
well since there is about 1000acre of cotton growing a block from my house every year.. I have tried raw cotton..... It works, but you have a longer breakin period, before the cotton taste goes.. Like all cotton it does better after being well boiled and air dried. Just watch out for the seeds. as that is what is in the fluff naturally.

Reactions: juicynoos

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
When it comes to boiling make sure to remove all the black seeds indeed, otherwise your cotton will come out of the pot a rusty brown color. Yes, I said it takes some breaking in if used 'au natural', but that is the whole point I think is to not disturb the natural structure of the fibers.to me they seem to repel the liquid initially through some natural resilience to absorption.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Wow! This reminds me of when I was a kid. We always visited family in North Carolina. One year we stopped at a cotton plantation on the side of the road, I wanted a pice of fresh cotton. Wish I could have for seen the future! I would have stuffed the trunk! Rather than being stuck today with my enormous box of cellucottootton, bought during that craze :blink:

Reactions: juicynoos

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I have to agree that raw cotton needs to be boiled and air dried since it contains a natural wax and proteins that when vaped give an unpleasant taste.

Let me explain, this threads not about some amazing new wicking discovery so much as being about the French folks ability to take a readily available and inexpensive product (at least for some of us non City dwellers), put it in some fancy package and label it as 100% organic/natural/ hand harvested :lol::lol:and make a killing in profit selling to those ever willing to part with their hard earned cash. same thing with the 'Fiber Freaks' cellulose product (which I like to use!!).

Anyway, I'm gonna re wick my Origin dual coils with this nude stuff and test it out:yawn:

Jugband, It's not too late to dump the Rayon/cellucotton aside cause there are 1000's of acres of the naked cotton pickin' stuff all over the place ripe for the taking and excess can be shipped to the french and the rest of cotton starved europe!:lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread