"Negative Reactions Mystify Electronic Cigarette Owners" - Please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheIllustratedMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Upstate, NY
The key survey result of 10,000 electronic cigarette users,
*Has Easy As Step 1,2,3 corp help you quit smoking? 72.5% out of 10,000 were able to quit cigarette within 30-45 days of using e-cig on a daily basis.
*Has your breathing became easier after using electronic cigarette? 89.5% out of all customers agreed that within the first 48 hours of using electronic cigarette, they noticed dramatic comfort in respiratory system.
99.3% of ecig users have agreed on the benefits of e-cig as the following:

• Maintain your required nicotine dose, but lose other harmful side-effects
  • No tar, no tobacco, no carbon monoxide, no carcinogens
  • No second-hand smoke - keep the people around you happy!
  • No yellow fingers, teeth, walls. No smelly clothes
  • Up to 60% cheaper than traditional smoking
  • Completely non-flammable, so no fire nor any matches/lighter needed

Electronic Cigarette Known as ecig Helps You Quit Smoking - Yahoo! News

and my response from another forum (September 8, 2009):

TheIllustratedMan said:
Oh hell no...

That's a terribly dangerous press release.

This company claims that 72.5% of electronic cigarette users quit smoking, hence it is an effective NRT. First impressions with this: where did they find 10,000 e-cig users to answer their survey (ECF had <20,000 registered, ~5,000 active, and I certainly wasn't surveyed), are they implying that THEIR product specifically helps people quit?
They go on to say that there are specific health benefits for a smoker to use an e-cig.
They continue with claiming that they hold patents on the electronic cigarette (as far as I know, only Ruyan has a patent, and njoy might hold some kind of American patent).

So... they are saying that their product treats a disease (addiction) and prevents smoking-related diseases. Therefore, by law, their product is a drug [delivery device].

...This isn't good.

We subsequently discovered that this company is based in the Phillipines. I guess over there they're free to make all the claims they want...

Last edited:

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
The key survey result of 10,000 electronic cigarette users,
*Has Easy As Step 1,2,3 corp help you quit smoking? 72.5% out of 10,000 were able to quit cigarette within 30-45 days of using e-cig on a daily basis.
*Has your breathing became easier after using electronic cigarette? 89.5% out of all customers agreed that within the first 48 hours of using electronic cigarette, they noticed dramatic comfort in respiratory system.
99.3% of ecig users have agreed on the benefits of e-cig as the following:

• Maintain your required nicotine dose, but lose other harmful side-effects
  • No tar, no tobacco, no carbon monoxide, no carcinogens
  • No second-hand smoke - keep the people around you happy!
  • No yellow fingers, teeth, walls. No smelly clothes
  • Up to 60% cheaper than traditional smoking
  • Completely non-flammable, so no fire nor any matches/lighter needed

This would be an excellent "project" for someone. Ask them for copies of said study.

As TheIllustratedMan noted, this is very troublesome and companies like this, making these claims, are subject to FDA approval. This particular website, MUST check in with the FDA in order to continue doing business with the marketing they are.

I won't even get into the other issues regarding their claims... as there are too many to mention... however, I do believe Krel noted that he would put this on Facebook... IMHO I wouldn't until they can prove their study.

This particular website was only put up on September 1. And considering there were 10,000 esmokers surveyed, I find it interesting that not one forum member on any of the forums have been surveyed.

I am not saying this is a "scam", but I would definitely say that this one needs to be reviewed more before it is taken as word.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
From their terms and conditions page:
Governing Law and Jurisdiction

This Web site is controlled by CigaretteSmokeless from its offices in Vancouver, Canada. All matters relating to your use of this Web site or any of its contents shall be governed by Canadian federal law or the laws of the province of British Columbia without regard to conflicts of laws principles, and any legal action or proceeding relating to the same shall be brought exclusively in a state or federal court in Vancouver, British Columbia. Further, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction and venue therein.
CigaretteSmokeless’s Address

400 – 601 W.Broadway,
Vancouver, B.C
V4V 2M4

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
From their terms and conditions page:

Good find on an address SJ!

According to their whois report they are registered out of the Philippines

Created on: 10-May-09
Expires on: 10-May-11
Last Updated on: 19-Aug-09

Even if they are working out of Canada, they would have to have notice on their website regarding Health Canada approval and to market into the US the way they are, they would also need FDA approval.

nojoyet

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Canada, near Vancouver
Using SJ's info, which I never could have found, I took a look at www.cananda411.ca

For what it is worth -

It turns out that the postal code provided with their address is not for Vancouver but is about six hours away, north of Kelowna, B.C.

The postal code for 601 W Broadway is shown as V5Z 4C2

Was able to find three telephone numbers, under what appears to be a personal name.

A multiple page list of building occupants did not turn up that name or any of those numbers.

Interesting.

Last edited:

JohnK

Sep 24, 2009
Roanoke, Va
I have to echo Matt P's sentiments. I was lurking for the past week and this thread got me registered! Really nice job Kristin.

Incidentally, I am in the middle of a "step-down" process to quit smoking (no nicotine supplement) and I've been searching for a backup plan because I don't want to fail this time (20+ years of smoking).

Thanks to all who give their input here, it has been and will continue to be invaluable, and albeit good or bad in your opinions, I have a Red Dragon on the way! ;)

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Masterful, Kristin.

One suggestion (and I'm sure you know this stuff already), but there is some suggestion that the addiction to nicotine in tobacco is to some degree or other accentuated by a "coupling" effect with other chemicals.

I'll try to find the original research.

Secondly, there's the route of action. Mucous membrane versus alveoli gas exchange. Do we have any more info as to whether this has been studied?

SJ

James113

Nov 3, 2009
Coweta, OK
This was unbelieveable! I'd like to make a few copies of this and pass it around and inform people cause I'm scared, and being a 6'3 guy thats pretty impressive, I'm scared because since no one seems to be stopping the corruption of the FDA. It's crazy to see that peoples health and happiness doesn't even matter in the slightest to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread