"Negative Reactions Mystify Electronic Cigarette Owners" - Please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
This line jumped out at me:

"Nicotine produces no pleasant "rush" or "high" for a non-smoker"

Huh? SO not true. You should delete that - you don't want to be accused of spreading lies and BS like the anti-smoking zealots.

You mean you've only just read it ? It's been on this forum for at least a week with Kirsten asking for comments and observations.
Just digg it and stop moaning. It can be changed if required.
What she is saying is that if a non smoker wanted to try Nicotine then it's a lot cheaper to light a Cigarette than it is to spend a lot of money on an E-cig and charge batteries and put in carts etc. There are lots of Vapers who are still smoking analogues because they can't get the hit a Cigarette gives them. :mad:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I am not mystified in the least. This new technology will destroy big tobacco and the government will kiss their 400 to 600 percent sin-tax on every pack sold goodbye. So, the government which is in bed with big tobacco sends their attack dogs such as the FDA and legislators out to protect their assets.

I am not an e-smoker but I am behind you folks all the way. When I quit, I cost the tobacco companies 1,500 dollars a year. At the minimum, 400 percent in NJ is tax. Do you really think that the government wants you to quit? As a smoker (I consider myself a smoker or recovering smoker though I quit cold turkey) I was a demonized cash cow who's addiction was exploited more my government tax-o-crats than big tobacco. The biggest lies that government tells you is that they want you to quit and the taxes are there to help.

Just as one smoker quitting, cost Big-T and the government 1,500 bucks annually. Imagine if every one did it. These devices can if left alone make that happen but the government has too much money coming to let that happen.

Welcome, Rev. Would you mind posting a message here? Help E-cigarette users PLEASE!!!! - Story Ideas - The Daily Show Forum

We are trying to get the Daily show to do a segment on E-cigarettes and I think your observation is a good one.

MrMugsy

Sep 9, 2009
VERY well written! I've just recently come to find out about E-cigarettes, and to me, they seem a blessing. I originally started smoking cigarettes at the age of 17, and have been hooked ever since (I'm now 31). For several years now I've tried to quit tobacco products... using the nicotine patch, nicotine gum, etc... none of it worked (as said in the article, they're just not the same as the actual feel of smoking the cigarette and inhaling). I did quit cold turkey successfully at one point, which lasted about a couple years, but even then ended up going back to tobacco when things got really hard. They say the average person quits 6-7 times before they're successful; I think I've attempted quitting now about 5 or 6 times, so I figure I'm just about due, and really thinking the E-cigarette may do just the trick. I'm hoping to be able to afford the purchase of a good one that won't die out or have issues, sometime in the near future. I have read about battery issues with some, and cartridge issues with others, etc. Don't have a lot of money these days, thanks to our wonderful state of the economy as of late... so if I'm going to make an investment of $50-$100 or more, I want to make sure it's going to be worth it and do the trick. I would be saddened to spend for example $75 on a product that might have several issues, hardly works, and end up spending $5 on a pack of cigarettes a week or two later.

Anywho, sorry for the rambling, but your article, and the E-cigarette for sure have my support... I've linked the article from my Facebook and hope to get you many more readers. The E-cigarette has my vote... no tar, no tobacco, none of the poisons that are put into tobacco, no crooked advertising or angles that tobacco companies tend to practice, no more lung-cancer, no more hard times breathing, no more second-hand smoke, etc!

Go E-Cigs, and rock on Kristin! \m/,:D

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
This line jumped out at me:

"Nicotine produces no pleasant "rush" or "high" for a non-smoker"

Huh? SO not true. You should delete that - you don't want to be accused of spreading lies and BS like the anti-smoking zealots.

Read carefully. It says "for a NON-SMOKER."

Yes, it obviously gives a pleasant rush for those already addicted to nicotine -smokers and other tobacco users - as they crave it and getting nicotine makes them feel good.

But a NON-smoker wouldn't really feel anything special that would give them a reason to try it. It's not like pot or alcohol or other drugs that kids try to get a high. You only get a "pleasant rush" if you are already addicted to nicotine - which non-smokers are not.

No lies or BS there - completely true.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
the important thing about "digging" the article is that it can get it attention at many other mainstream media outlets if it has lots of diggs, so come on peeps. Start "digging".

I wasn't a member there, and it took me a total of 3 minutes to get registered and digg it.

Exactly!! We want to get picked up by the AP and Google News!!! Digg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
5,317 views of this thread - wouldn't it be wonderful if Kristins article had that many Diggs :)

You can sign up to Digg here :-

Registration - Digg

You can also Digg everyone's comments on the article :D

That's about right. There has been over 400 unique views so far just in the Pressroom alone. Largest number views to date. And as people read the main article HERE, this indicates that the article is being read by members of DIGG, and not from the e-cig forum, as the DIGG site points to the Pressroom article. And for an article about a day old, that's not bad at all.

Now is I can figure out a way to release this on PRLog. Limited to 8000 characters and this is like 13000 characters. :(

Last edited:

span

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
Kansas City, Ks, USA
Actually, it seems to be pretty hotly contested whether you get any "rush" or "high" from smoking analogs... I agree, it might be something to revise, or not include. Nicotine, is after all, a stimulant, as caffeine is, and people wouldn't be trying it or even getting addicted to it if they didn't get something out of it to begin with... Tell me kids don't get an effect (or "high") off caffeine and I'll introduce you to my two year old niece after a mountain dew. After coughing down my first cig I remember being definitely buzzed... and still occasionally get one.
Either way, probably not something you should state as a fact in your article. Maybe a good place to put a quote?

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Actually, it seems to be pretty hotly contested whether you get any "rush" or "high" from smoking analogs... I agree, it might be something to revise, or not include. Nicotine, is after all, a stimulant, as caffeine is, and people wouldn't be trying it or even getting addicted to it if they didn't get something out of it to begin with... Tell me kids don't get an effect (or "high") off caffeine and I'll introduce you to my two year old niece after a mountain dew. After coughing down my first cig I remember being definitely buzzed... and still occasionally get one.
Either way, probably not something you should state as a fact in your article. Maybe a good place to put a quote?
Realistically, do people start smoking analogs for a "rush" or "high?" Is that what cigarettes are known for, unlike caffeine, marijuana or alcohol? If someone wants to try to get high or wasted, do they think of getting nicotine? That was the point I was making in regards to kids wanting to try e-cigs with nicotine.

I don't get any buzz/dizziness from the first vape of the day the way I did from the analogs. I used to literally get dizzy from that first analog of the day. I seriously think that was caused by something else they put in analogs, not nicotine, or I'd get it from vaping.

Totally agree with you about Mountain Dew. It's one of my arguments against the accusation that e-cigs are any more a drug delivery device subject to regulation and targeted to kids anymore than most sodas! Is Mountain Dew "healthy?" Is it anything more than a delivery device for sugar and caffine? Isn't caffeine a known stimulant? It certainly isn't for any other nutritional reasons and it is definitely marketed to children!

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Kristen, I've decided to write a research paper for my college english course on ecigs. I was wondering if you could share any sources with me and if I am allowed to use your paper as a source for it?

Use whatever you can from the article. My sources are all linked in the article or came from basic google searches. The people interviewed are members here. :)

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Kristin -

Today SJ started this subforum: Organizations with the Ability to Listen - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

If you click on each state, it is the beginning of organizations who are willing to listen to us and this might be a good place for you to submit your article. Many have places for recent articles.

As the state list grows, if it becomes to cumbersome for you to do alone, you may be able to have others help you by submitting your article to the particular organizations in their states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread