"Negative Reactions Mystify Electronic Cigarette Owners" - Please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfh8553

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
Your article is EXCELLENT - thank you. My two cents follows -

Two MAJOR reasons that nic-vaporizers must be banned is the $70 to $80 BILLION tax revenue to the Feds that they now receive from the new $1.00 per pack tax. States would also loose about $20 BILLION annually if vaping catches on and more people switch, feel better, and have much better medical stats like what has happened for me. In six months of vaping my blood pressure is back down to normal and my blood oxygen absorbtion level has climbed from 94 to 96%. I NEVER even cough anymore. My doctor also has me listed as a non-smoker!!!

Pharmacutical companies, also stand to loose BILLIONS from the loss of drugs needed to prolong the lives of people as they whither away and die from tobacco smoking. Doctors and hospitals and funeral homes would also loose BILLIONS!!!

In essence, the US ecomony - already decimated, cannot allow people to get healthy and stop buying cigarettes and have the 500,000 people who die each year end. It would ruin the gov't - what would they then "SIN" tax.:evil:

apljr85

Sep 2, 2009
Use whatever you can from the article. My sources are all linked in the article or came from basic google searches. The people interviewed are members here. :)

Thank you for your support. The final draft will be up in December but I will post updates as I work on it. If anyone has some feedback or sources please PM me. I was going to start a new thread about it, but i'm new to the scene so I cannot create my own posts. Sorry if I hyjacked your thread or anything. A wonderful article btw, it's a good read. :thumbs:

julianka

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
NE Pennsylvania
I notice everybody is Digging but there are other things too, like StumbleUpon or Reddit. Also, Kristin, you could submit it to AssociatedContent or Triond. I don't think I can post links yet, but all of those sites are the name followed by .com :)

Apologies if anybody already mentioned these places; I didn't read this entire thread because it's pretty long.

And this is the part of the article I just love:

the "stress, fear and confusion," which the public could potentially feel due to the presence of the fog, was sufficient reason to force vapers to follow the Suffolk County smoking ordinance

Oh yes, PVs SCARE people so they must be banned! This is insane.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Realistically, do people start smoking analogs for a "rush" or "high?" Is that what cigarettes are known for, unlike caffeine, marijuana or alcohol? If someone wants to try to get high or wasted, do they think of getting nicotine? That was the point I was making in regards to kids wanting to try e-cigs with nicotine.

I don't get any buzz/dizziness from the first vape of the day the way I did from the analogs. I used to literally get dizzy from that first analog of the day. I seriously think that was caused by something else they put in analogs, not nicotine, or I'd get it from vaping.

Totally agree with you about Mountain Dew. It's one of my arguments against the accusation that e-cigs are any more a drug delivery device subject to regulation and targeted to kids anymore than most sodas! Is Mountain Dew "healthy?" Is it anything more than a delivery device for sugar and caffine? Isn't caffeine a known stimulant? It certainly isn't for any other nutritional reasons and it is definitely marketed to children!

Great article. Thanks for the good work - hopefully it will find it's way to a lot of places.

You're exactly right about the "rush." Most of the instant rush from an analog comes from the carbon monoxide flooding your bloodstream and therefore reducing the oxygen level in your brain. Light-headed and dizzy are the result. E-cig vapor does not contain carbon monoxide.

Reduced oxygen levels are BAD :evil:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I notice everybody is Digging but there are other things too, like StumbleUpon or Reddit. Also, Kristin, you could submit it to AssociatedContent or Triond. I don't think I can post links yet, but all of those sites are the name followed by .com :)

Apologies if anybody already mentioned these places; I didn't read this entire thread because it's pretty long.

And this is the part of the article I just love:

Oh yes, PVs SCARE people so they must be banned! This is insane.

Julianka, thank you so much for the AssociatedContent.com tip - I wish I had known about them 2 weeks ago!! :(

I've submitted to them - I think they get picked up better by the search engines, so maybe it'll go viral faster and mainstream media might pick it up, as well! :D

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Thank you for your support. The final draft will be up in December but I will post updates as I work on it. If anyone has some feedback or sources please PM me. I was going to start a new thread about it, but i'm new to the scene so I cannot create my own posts. Sorry if I hyjacked your thread or anything. A wonderful article btw, it's a good read. :thumbs:
I've updated my blog post to include sources. Maybe BigJim will add those to his post, as well - it gives it more credibility:
Wisconsin Vaporizers Blog

Bruce H

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2009
Gaithersburg, Maryland
I've been visiting Digg for about a year now.

While your article is awesome, ok, it's fantastic and I agree with every last word, here's the thing:

Articles that get "dugg" are more news related. Personal accounts, anecdotal stories and such don't share the same success as "Man With Twelve Testicles Bites Head Off Of Wombats". It's not fair, just the way that it is.

And really, I don't mean to be a wet blanket here, just look around Digg and you'll see what I am saying. I really do believe your piece belongs on the front page and I dugg every single one of your comments.

I do believe that this would make a bigger impact if it were sent to a thousand online newspapers. THEN sent to Digg. It only helps if you get the non-vaping people into the debate and discussion.

I'm sure you guys already realize this, I just had to say it out loud.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
I've been visiting Digg for about a year now.

While your article is awesome, ok, it's fantastic and I agree with every last word, here's the thing:

Articles that get "dugg" are more news related. Personal accounts, anecdotal stories and such don't share the same success as "Man With Twelve Testicles Bites Head Off Of Wombats". It's not fair, just the way that it is.

And really, I don't mean to be a wet blanket here, just look around Digg and you'll see what I am saying. I really do believe your piece belongs on the front page and I dugg every single one of your comments.

I do believe that this would make a bigger impact if it were sent to a thousand online newspapers. THEN sent to Digg. It only helps if you get the non-vaping people into the debate and discussion.

I'm sure you guys already realize this, I just had to say it out loud.

Of course you're right. That is one reason I've been asking people,to also post to facebook, myspace & twitter - to help it go viral. Also, StumbleUpon or Reddit.

I also submitted the article to Associated Content and it's in review by their editors at this time.

mikes

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 23, 2009
NH
www.mikeusa.com
The key survey result of 10,000 electronic cigarette users,
*Has Easy As Step 1,2,3 corp help you quit smoking? 72.5% out of 10,000 were able to quit cigarette within 30-45 days of using e-cig on a daily basis.
*Has your breathing became easier after using electronic cigarette? 89.5% out of all customers agreed that within the first 48 hours of using electronic cigarette, they noticed dramatic comfort in respiratory system.
99.3% of ecig users have agreed on the benefits of e-cig as the following:

• Maintain your required nicotine dose, but lose other harmful side-effects
  • No tar, no tobacco, no carbon monoxide, no carcinogens
  • No second-hand smoke - keep the people around you happy!
  • No yellow fingers, teeth, walls. No smelly clothes
  • Up to 60% cheaper than traditional smoking
  • Completely non-flammable, so no fire nor any matches/lighter needed

The key survey result of 10,000 electronic cigarette users,
*Has Easy As Step 1,2,3 corp help you quit smoking? 72.5% out of 10,000 were able to quit cigarette within 30-45 days of using e-cig on a daily basis.
*Has your breathing became easier after using electronic cigarette? 89.5% out of all customers agreed that within the first 48 hours of using electronic cigarette, they noticed dramatic comfort in respiratory system.
99.3% of ecig users have agreed on the benefits of e-cig as the following:

• Maintain your required nicotine dose, but lose other harmful side-effects
  • No tar, no tobacco, no carbon monoxide, no carcinogens
  • No second-hand smoke - keep the people around you happy!
  • No yellow fingers, teeth, walls. No smelly clothes
  • Up to 60% cheaper than traditional smoking
  • Completely non-flammable, so no fire nor any matches/lighter needed

I love this information... Ill post this up on face book for sure!

vpflueg

Jul 25, 2009
A very informative article. As active members of the vaping community, we need to push the whole environmentally responsible issue.
By vaping I'm pretty sure we are reducing our carbon footprint.
Although I don't know of evidence supporting it, I think vapes are vegan also. I don't think manufacturers are doing lab tests with animals, at least none that I know of.
Only disposables might end up in landfills, and even then could they be recycled? The plastic carts should be labeled for such, I refill mine so I won't be disposing of them anytime soon.
Lithiums can be disposed at any battery recycling centers.

People can't be so ignorant to the fact that regular cigarette smoking causes numerous health issues to not only smokers but those around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread