NEW Dicodes Dani Box Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
It seems Evolv use a fuzzy logic algorithm to control power delivery in TC, this allows good temperature control even if the TCR of the wire is not well defined, or if there are small resistance variations caused by not perfect 510 contacts.

Dicodes relies, on the other hand, on lower front-end noise and higher A/D conversion rates, to a level unseen in other TC devices. Therefore if the TCR setting is not spot-on, the device will not work as expected.

Evolv = better software; Dicodes = better hardware.

The TCR of Chinese SS heating wire is more of a lottery, simply I don't rely on their stated numbers at all - because I noted a variance of 20% of the stated TCR of 92 for 316L wire.

I sometime use the Dicodes wire (NiFethal) which is 320 - spot on.

Also I bought a 30 meters (100 ft) roll of Ss316L wire and spent few hours to find out its precise TCR; it is once-in-a-roll job, and my roll is very big... So no more SS blunders for quite awhile now...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Things I want to know about my dicodes mini. How to turn it on, how to turn it off, and how to lock the wattage and how to go up and down.

It seems like heresy I know but the manual (even translated into English) is in GERMAN. Let's face it. I am not going to be reading that manual any time soon, honestly. I would rather spend my time developing trichotillomania.

Anna

access0denied

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2015
Things I want to know about my dicodes mini. How to turn it on, how to turn it off, and how to lock the wattage and how to go up and down.

It seems like heresy I know but the manual (even translated into English) is in GERMAN. Let's face it. I am not going to be reading that manual any time soon, honestly. I would rather spend my time developing trichotillomania.

Anna

Easy. Hit the power/fire button a few times. I think 5 times. It'll turn off/on. To lock it. Hold the other two butttons at the same time, and it'll lock/unlock it.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Yeah, I agree the Dani box manual seems written by manufacturing engineers for vaping engineers.

Honest to the bones, when toward the end of the manual, they state "Vaping is not healthy".

I have the PDF of the Dicodes Dani mini /v2 manual (English translation) on my phone - because, even if I use the menu often, I have lapses of the menu structure from time to time.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

Anna

Easy. Hit the power/fire button a few times. I think 5 times. It'll turn off/on. To lock it. Hold the other two butttons at the same time, and it'll lock/unlock it.

You forgot turning the wattage up and down. :|

With the devise unlocked, you push either of the bottom buttons to turn it up or down, top one for up, bottom one for down. :)

KAS

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I should have been clear I do know these things, but that is ALL I want to know. Although I do think I got some answers about them earlier in the thread LOL.
Anna

Wow. It' five am. I'm in my new house. It's awesome! Except the husband not only did not make the coffee, he hid it. 30 minutes from now...This is when having a massive percolator SUCKS.

Anna

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I finally ordered my 3rd Dani Box Mini tonight, I noticed this morning that CDV finally had some in stock. I ordered the Purple, I want the blue one also, but that will have to wait. I also ordered my 4th Kayfun Prime, I have to have even numbers of things.:blush:

KAS

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I finally ordered my 3rd Dani Box Mini tonight, I noticed this morning that CDV finally had some in stock. I ordered the Purple, I want the blue one also, but that will have to wait. I also ordered my 4th Kayfun Prime, I have to have even numbers of things.:blush:

KAS

The pics don't do it justice, KAS. I hope you're as pleased as everyone else who has one.

I've been contemplating one of those leather sleeves off the bay, because the Mini has spoiled me. I want to take it out, and don't because I don't want to nick it up. I'd love to hear opinions from someone who has one, particularly regarding the size and weight impact.

I'd only use it for out & about, and would remove it (because they dang things look SO good naked) when I was home. Therefore it would get a lot of "on & off" activity, so I'm also wondering if that's feasible. I have ZWraps but was saving those for down the line, when I'm no longer so taken by the looks.

Hey - it happens in every relationship, right? ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
The new look (for those no longer taken with .....) :lol:

e9a40b87-8129-485c-a15d-60146ac75920-992cb1e1-eaa3-454d-ad52-7488a82bd040-v1.png

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
The pics don't do it justice, KAS. I hope you're as pleased as everyone else who has one.

I've been contemplating one of those leather sleeves off the bay, because the Mini has spoiled me. I want to take it out, and don't because I don't want to nick it up. I'd love to hear opinions from someone who has one, particularly regarding the size and weight impact.

I'd only use it for out & about, and would remove it (because they dang things look SO good naked) when I was home. Therefore it would get a lot of "on & off" activity, so I'm also wondering if that's feasible. I have ZWraps but was saving those for down the line, when I'm no longer so taken by the looks.

Hey - it happens in every relationship, right? ;)

I have never used wraps, but I love leather sleeves. The ones on the bay look awesome. I might get a couple at some point. :unsure: I do carry mine to work with me, I have shirt pockets with those cover flaps that snap closed. They fit nicely, and so far they are still in good shape. I don't really have a desk job, so there is always a possibility of damage, but I did buy them to use them. I bought these to preserve my Provari Radius's, at the moment these can be replaced if needed, the Radius's not so much. :|

KAS

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I gave up on the fear of scratching new items long time ago. I'm reasonably careful, but give time and everything will have a scratch or a dent at one point.
The Dicodes do seems delicate, but they are the most robust mods I have. The four outward curvy sides is where the hard-anodised finish tend to wear off, but it needs few years in normal conditions, akin to a Surefire flashlight.
They are built to be used; only a very strong impact can disable a Dicodes, because of the heavy components that can disconnect from the PCB, certainly not a fall from a few metres. I never heard of a broken Dicodes both from online or from acquaintances. A few scratches are a working sign...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I gave up on the fear of scratching new items long time ago. I'm reasonably careful, but give time and everything will have a scratch or a dent at one point.
The Dicodes do seems delicate, but they are the most robust mods I have. The four outward curvy sides is where the hard-anodised finish tend to wear off, but it needs few years in normal conditions, akin to a Surefire flashlight.
They are built to be used; only a very strong impact can disable a Dicodes, because of the heavy components that can disconnect from the PCB, certainly not a fall from a few metres. I never heard of a broken Dicodes both from online or from acquaintances. A few scratches are a working sign...

I treat most of my mods with reckless abandon (and it shows), including a V2 Extreme tube (that I've just abused). The only ones I decided to try being nice to are the Minis, and a WAE 30 (because they're both so extraordinarily nice looking to me).

I've already put a couple of tiny nicks into the purple one, and switched gears until I decide whether to (a) get a sleeve, (b) add a wrap, or (c) screw it and just let it rip (so to speak).

As nice as the paint jobs are on those, I figured it warranted some consideration (at the very least) before I do what I normally do, which is not care.

I agree that they appear to be built to last, which is another reason why I'm giving it thought. If it's going to be with me for years to come, I just want to think about it a bit.

Subject to change, of course ("We Are Vapers!").

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm going to get a leather wrap for mine AFTER I ding it up (some more) because I so like the feel of that anodized metal in my hand. Once it gets to looking truly horrifying, I will consider a leather wrap THEN.

Anna

Procyon being fixed by Bill as I type. Well, maybe not, but he has it.

I take out whatever mods I want to take out and well, some of them can't be replaced. But, the heart wants... What the heart wants.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I have been looking at this ... a lot. I could be seriously tempted when I get back to the Uk at the end of June, especially as my personal spending Credit Card is clear and there's been £25.00 a month paid into it since, so I'm in credit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread