NEW Dicodes Dani Box Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
I’m quoting myself for the heck of it. I just saw that there is a new mod coming from lost vape. Looks like a rerun of the paranormal. It’s called the Centaurus. Anyone interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that LVE and Lost Vape got divorced. It looks like LVE, who now has their own website, is the actual manufacturer. So for example they have the Drone squonker on their website. Whereas Lost Vape must have been the marketing/sales arm of the duo. So now Lost Vape had to come up with a replacement for the Paranormal. Looks like the made a modernized copy of it. Even the dimensions are almost identical.

They have a $169 price on it and a free 'fat ugly' leather case for the early birds. :banana:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Window shopping:

Svoemesto_Dicodes_Dark_Silk_DLC_Kit_01_w_ml.jpg

facial-expression-so-youre-telling-me-my-wheel-doesnt-go-anywhere-quickmenecom

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Cuz everyone be feeding some OCD about some dicode tube mod or 17:lol::lol::lol:.

NEVER have I seen such drama about a vape purchase, now, before or really.... EVER.

"I loved my new mod so much I had to shine my flashlight straight into the display..... I emailed dicodes, and they told me it was normal.... no, NOT my behavior, but like, the display....." I think I might sell THIS one and buy the one I already bought but decided I hated and sold... for a loss."

Okay I am paraphrasing but it's kind of an epic thread. Starts out reasonable and goes swiftly downhill. I am glad I was JOKING about having my husband anodize one of my procyons (as if I would like, part with one of three personal PVs and self defense clubs, cuz let me tell you with my track record on mods that is a big FAT no) but like there would be NO satisfying that dude... he would shine his flashlight upon it by the light of the full moon and like, that would be the START of the problem.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nothing jus a rash of annoyance by certain folks on certain threads that I was off topic ,you know "rea" threads. They were all freaking off topic too but to be fair like 7 paragraphs of off topicness are like, not the same as playing a song or talking about their cute little kitty. So thinking dialectically I was like, "meh" and so I have one very tolerant thread where I blow off steam and they don't mind and then also, I try to stay more on topic. TE or some other guy who has been around forever still yells at me occasionally but I'm not doing it on Purpose. I am just a lateral, creative thinker sometimes.

Anna

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Nothing jus a rash of annoyance by certain folks on certain threads that I was off topic ,you know "rea" threads. They were all freaking off topic too but to be fair like 7 paragraphs of off topicness are like, not the same as playing a song or talking about their cute little kitty. So thinking dialectically I was like, "meh" and so I have one very tolerant thread where I blow off steam and they don't mind and then also, I try to stay more on topic. TE or some other guy who has been around forever still yells at me occasionally but I'm not doing it on Purpose. I am just a lateral, creative thinker sometimes.

Anna
and your best feature too!

keep it up Anna!!!

Jim

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
My mind is on deeming regulations as of late. Wondering if I will be able to purchase or service a Dicodes mod going forward...

I have a Dani Box Mini. How many should you have to last the rest of your life?
one... that works, of course.

LOLz

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
My mind is on deeming regulations as of late. Wondering if I will be able to purchase or service a Dicodes mod going forward...

I have a Dani Box Mini. How many should you have to last the rest of your life?

I personally just thought 1 of each color would do. :unsure:

KAS

Edit: I also was thinking about buying some back up control boards. :|

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
Edit: I also was thinking about buying some back up control boards. :|

That's interesting, where do you get them? Is it difficult to replace?

I don’t know if there would be a problem sending a mod to Dicodes for repair.

Keith at CDV mentioned that when I asked. I am hoping that is the case. I was thinking though if customs put the hammer down or it simply got lost in shipping...

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
That's interesting, where do you get them? Is it difficult to replace?

Keith at CDV mentioned that when I asked. I am hoping that is the case. I was thinking though if customs put the hammer down or it simply got lost in shipping...

Well once again, CDV of course. :)
Here is the links to them, I had been putting off ordering them, until I had all the Mini colors, which I now have. It is not as exciting as ordering a complete Mod, but it would provide the satisfaction, of knowing if needed I could fix them myself. (I have not ever replaced one of them before.) Also I like the idea that if I got really motivated, I could make my own. :|

Dicodes BF60 board

Dicodes FL80 board

Dicodes BF60/FL80 spare screen

KAS

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
Well once again, CDV of course. :)

It is not as exciting as ordering a complete Mod, but it would provide the satisfaction, of knowing if needed I could fix them myself.

It's interesting. Not sure which one the Dani Box Mini takes. I found this post where they dismantled one. It looks simple enough to remove but it looks like there is soldering involved. That's a little scary to me for DIY, but if it's that or nothing someday, then maybe that.

【テクニカルMOD】dicodes dani box mini「ダニボックス ミニ」レビュー

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
It's interesting. Not sure which one the Dani Box Mini takes. I found this post where they dismantled one. It looks simple enough to remove but it looks like there is soldering involved. That's a little scary to me for DIY, but if it's that or nothing someday, then maybe that.

【テクニカルMOD】dicodes dani box mini「ダニボックス ミニ」レビュー

I am pretty sure it is the FL80 in all the newer devises, I just wanted to show what CDV had on their site. I am not the best at soldering either, but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do. :|

KAS

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
This might make things a little clearer. Just a note: the person doing the vid says a 2.5 x 60 mm allen driver is needed. 2.5 mm is the size of the head and is correct. But the 60 mm just denoted the length of the handle and would not matter very much, if at all.

He's showing how to clean the case and buttons to avoid sticking, so there's not any time spent on the board itself. But you can see that it's not that diffcult to get to the board and its carrier.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
He's showing how to clean the case and buttons to avoid sticking, so there's not any time spent on the board itself. But you can see that it's not that diffcult to get to the board and its carrier.

I was interested in taking a look at my mod just to see what replacing the circuitry would involve, but I think it is important to note that in the manual, I read the following regarding the 2 year warranty:

The warranty voids, when:

- dropping the device on the floor (*)

- attempting to open or opening the device

- maintaining or repair by unauthorized persons​

So I probably won't be going in there to poke around for at least a couple of years unless I have no warranty options available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread