New Favorite RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I only buy rta's with a blocker, so I have the gm, bellus and mutank, and migth add the new griffin...
It makes no sense to me to not add a blocker, it only costs them a few cents , except indeed to sell a single coil version also.
I do understand it from a bussiness standpoint, but as a customer I don't like the practice. Luckily there are some pretty decent tanks with a blocker, so I don't have to support it. Also keeps my buying tanks in check LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: ian91

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Favorites in order:
Boreas
Bellus
Bachelor
2e6dky9.jpg

11jyte1.jpg

35am0eq.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
The Bellus has great flavor! I've got 26/34 claptons in mine that I had to make 2 mm ID so they would fit on the small deck. Wicking took me some trial and error too but it's a good RTA, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Received my Bellus today and so far loving it. Set it up with dual coils at .8 ohms. I also ordered some pre-made Clapton coils, but they were too big.--about 3mm id. I'm going to unwind them and re-wrap at 2mm. I had no problem with the wicking, as I watched several videos on youtube; however, I did have leaking after I filled the tank.:?: I soaked the wicks initially, which I have learned isn't necessary... just a little juice where the cotton and wick meet at the initial set-up. After I started vaping, the leaking subsided. I hope that made sense.:)

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Received my Bellus today and so far loving it. Set it up with dual coils at .8 ohms. I also ordered some pre-made Clapton coils, but they were too big.--about 3mm id. I'm going to unwind them and re-wrap at 2mm. I had no problem with the wicking, as I watched several videos on youtube; however, I did have leaking after I filled the tank.:?: I soaked the wicks initially, which I have learned isn't necessary... just a little juice where the cotton and wick meet at the initial set-up. After I started vaping, the leaking subsided. I hope that made sense.:)
Yup. When refilling I close off the airflow, refill from the top and as I'm screwing on the cap, I flip it upside down just as I feel the red silicone seal making contact with the inside. Finish screwing it down, open the airflow, wait a couple of seconds then flip upright. Seems to work pretty good for me this way. Occasionally I'll get a couple of drops out the airflow but nothing major.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Yup. When refilling I close off the airflow, refill from the top and as I'm screwing on the cap, I flip it upside down just as I feel the red silicone seal making contact with the inside. Finish screwing it down, open the airflow, wait a couple of seconds then flip upright. Seems to work pretty good for me this way. Occasionally I'll get a couple of drops out the airflow but nothing major.

Yes, I closed off the airflow. This thing is chucking da clouds... and I'm not a cloud chaser. I've been using lemo 1 & 2's for the last year. I'm going to order another bellus... or if someone has another suggestion, I would entertain it.:D

Reactions: MMW

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
My favorite RTA's are the Billow V2 and Bellus. I give the edge to the Billow V2's just because mine never leak. The Bellus always seeps a little after refilling. I do however have a Billow V3 on the way. I'm looking forward to that!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
My favorite RTA's are the Billow V2 and Bellus. I give the edge to the Billow V2's just because mine never leak. The Bellus always seeps a little after refilling. I do however have a Billow V3 on the way. I'm looking forward to that!

Cheers,
Steve

thanks for sharing, steve. I don't have a lot experience with the bellus, but so far no leaking, except for what I described. I've heard differing things about the billow. I'm not up on the billow v3. I'll take a further look. thanks, again.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
thanks for sharing, steve. I don't have a lot experience with the bellus, but so far no leaking, except for what I described. I've heard differing things about the billow. I'm not up on the billow v3. I'll take a further look. thanks, again.
Your Welcome my friend. I like my Bellus's (I have 2). I was just saying I seem to get a few drops seeping out after refilling. Not a river or anything like that.

Cheers,
Steve

Nogy

Jan 26, 2016
thanks. I've seen both of those. I'm going to look further into the Zeph before I pull da trigger on another bellus.
I love my zephyrus v2. I've never got a dry hit from it, and I chain vape pretty much constantly. And so long as you wick it right, it won't leak a drop. Don't have to do any of that "close air flow, screw cap on halfway, flip upside down, finish screwing on, open airflow, wait a few seconds" crap. Just twist and fill. Only thing is the build deck is tiny. Have to build small diameter and close to the center.

Reactions: Sgt. Pepper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread