The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's Your Favorite MTL RTA?

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Vapemesilly, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Mini or 24?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    The Ivogo matches the v2.1 for flavor IMO and gives more capacity in a shorter/wider size. Looking forward to your review once you give 'er a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Mini in black.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I can dig it :)

upload_2018-2-24_11-18-13.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. crixer

crixer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Atlanta
    Okay ToolMan, I finally got the wire to seat and stay under the screws. It is a pain to coil this compared to an authentic kayfun. Once I got that out of the way, the rest was cake. I am very impressed. It is a fantastic vape. It pulls that 65VG juice much easier than the v2.1. I think the area between the chamber and tank makes a huge difference. It is an incredible vape. Thick dense clouds and great flavor. Those clear tanks you sent really give it a great size and I think it looks great on the dna40. I am going to vape on it for a few days before I render a full verdict, but as of right now, it is amazing. I wonder how much it would cost to get Svoemesto to do a special edition Kayfun with the v2.1 chamber/decksize in a V3.1 full form factor. That would be the ultimate Kayfun as far as I am concerned. I do love that ball bearing fill port on the side. I finally have the proper bottle and plastic tip and it works really well on the authentics. I haven't tried to fill this yet with the fill port (but I will). I took photos of the build. It is 28G 6 wraps at 2mm 1.06ohm at 10.5 watts. Thanks @ToolmanTexas for the hookup with this device!

IMG_3728.jpeg IMG_3734.jpeg IMG_3736.jpeg IMG_3740.jpeg IMG_3741.jpeg IMG_3744.jpeg IMG_3753.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  6. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Fantastic pics and review my friend!

I have always top filled these and the 2.1s with no issues, using the old cover air hole, barely tighten top cap, flip upside down and wait for juice to settle downward, tighten cap rest of the way, wait 10 seconds and flip back up. Just for FYI.

I also replace a bunch of my KF clones with better deck screws with a flat bottom, something like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00917TWNO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like Like x 2
  7. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    BTW, @crixer this is a cool setup for your 2.1s if you haven't seen this already, using the iStick Basic for a sweet lil out and abouter:

IMG_20171226_155210.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. crixer

Sep 21, 2011
    Atlanta
    I’ve mastered filling the kayfun v2.1 mini from the top with having it pour juice out of the air hole. Your directions are spot on. I’ll have to see if I can find an istick basic. I’m on a kick of using dna and rdna 40s lately. I think I’m going to do a battle of the kayfuns this weekend. I just built out three more in different configurations. I want to decide which one I think is the best from the entire line. I’m going to compare the v2 v3 v3.1 KFL KFL+ KFL+v2 v4 v5 and the prime. I’ll also test the minis v1 v2 v2.1 and the v3. It may take me a week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. crixer

Sep 21, 2011
    Atlanta
    Here is a comparison of the ivogo vs authentic v2.1 mini. The build decks look to be the same size but the main deck of the ivogo is indeed larger so the tank wall is farther away from the vapor chamber.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Blargh23

Blargh23 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2012
    Arizona, US
    Wotofo Sapor RTA with the AFC set to minimal :D

Single coil "sideways" between the two posts. (8 turns @ 3mm of 28awg NiCh20 for ~1.5 ohms)

• Like Like x 1
  11. ian91

ian91 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 14, 2013
    Westbank, BC Canada
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    It’s close for me again. It always changes, I’m using the gem which I got from someone here. Nice atty. been loving the dvarw (I think my favourite to date) next to it.
    That might change as my new Zest from Gus will be coming on Tuesday, so that may nudge the dvarw off top spot.
    C8FD0F88-3C54-46F5-BD9F-A01B520EAFCF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Zest V1 or V2?

And that Gem looks stellar ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    @ToolmanTexas

Hehe. Bet you wish you could snag one!

I’m afraid v2. I’ve got the lite already but it’s such a good atty I thought I’d buy the zest
    It would seem that my lite V1.1 has a combined air of 2.6
    Whereas this zest v2ur has only 2mm so it should be tighter.

The picture looks exactly the same as my lite which I’m gutted about and would like the old style for a change but it’s such a good atty. looks beautiful so having two is not a bad thing.
    +, it’s got a decent sized hole up top now to put drippers in (it looks like) so no more bottom fill and adjustments of wick sometimes.
    €135 is a lot and it’s over my cap of £100 attys but oh well.
    67681BBC-1EF3-4525-A32D-FC3B904CFC10.gif

• Love Love x 2
  15. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Yep, snagged a V1 Zest a while back and the flavor is stellar. I'm sure the V2 will vape as well or better than your Lites. Hit the thread back when you have had some time with it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I love my carto tanks and Kayfuns but for the last couple of days I've been rocking the 24mm Berserker so much they all went in drawer for the time being and I bought 3 more of them! The Berserker is AWESOME!!! image1.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I looked at the berserker because of all these fantastic reviews from everyone.
    So cheap, perfect, like a kayfun lite but easier to work with but...

I think it’s ugly.
    I’m sorry :(

I have atomisers and devices that people think are overpriced, overrated and ugly but I guess that’s the cool thing about vaping.
    Each to his/her own.
    Enjoy the berserkers almost every mtl vaper everywhere :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    II think it the top cap was flat(er) it would probably be more aesthetically pleasing to some, but I honestly don't even pay that much attention to it anymore. Sort of like the Cthulhu Hastur maybe. (which I think is to tall.)

• Like Like x 2
  19. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't think the berserker is ugly. LOL, I have a rainbow one, and I agree that it's weird looking... I wouldn't call it UGLY though.

Of course, aesthetics play a role I guess. Really, for what the berserker delivers in MTL vape, it might almost be worth wrapping it in a shroud? A burka? Something. It is a great vape, albeit a weird looking one. LOL.

My Ares and Sirens are battling it out head to head, I have one more of each arriving. I am content with one Berserker, though.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  20. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Oh of course, I understand by the huge praise that this atty generates that I’m in the minority.
    I just think it is ugly.

I think it would look worse covered with a paper bag though ;)
    You should be proud and flaunt your garish, repulsive looks

I’m only kidding. It’s not that bad at all.
    Just not for me.

Everyone goes on about the $25 like it’s the be all and end all.
    I didn’t get into vaping to save money :eek:
    It was to replace something I loved with something else that I love (possibly more for now).

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.