The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's Your Favorite MTL RTA?

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Vapemesilly, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    In fact.
    The hypothetical person in this argument can afford the nice suit however, he’d rather buy 6 cheap suits for the pure fact that he can wear them until he dies and he’s made a killing.

I’m not anti cheap or anti clone. It’s just the way I’ve always been. If I can, I will (unless there’s a fair moral argument not to)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    So, in this particular case, an attribute (aesthetics/looks) of the $25 device do not match an attribute (aesthetics/looks) of the $100 device, therefore you prefer the $100 device.

BUT if you did deem the attributes the same (i.e. you liked the looks for the Berserker as much as say a KFL) then the Berserker would be much more attractive (no pun intended lol) to you to purchase.

For example, if there was a Berserker that came out that performed the same AND was aesthetically pleasing to you as much as a high-end piece... would you purchase it and be happy as a clam?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Agreed! You win.

The other positives are supporting western workmanship and economies but that’s a different arguement for another night. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I don’t know much about it but I think the berserker was designed by an American or Brit but it is developed on the cheap in China. Correct?

That’s not to say that I don’t have sooo many great things produced in China including vape gear!!! (Hypocrisy much???)

It’s just another brucie bonus for me

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Yep, those are the other motivations mentioned (won't buy from country "X" and/or I buy from country "Y" to support "Y"). Makes total sense and I fully understand those motivations and support anyone in any buying habit they choose (I'm all about liberty!).

I like the competition also as I believe it is to the benefit of the consumer and drives innovation and the market.

I personally do both and love having both low-end and high-end options in the toy box... but I'm also somewhat of a collector. Did the same when was into pipes, had lovely $30 pipes that smoked great, and beauties that were rare and gorgeous and smoked fantastic. Loved them all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Yes, Berserker (Alex VapersMD) and Ares (Phil and Dimitri) both designed by vape reviewers and produced in China.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Beeker25

Beeker25 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2016
    A couple of weeks ago I dropped my trusty Boreas 1 and bent the metal enough that the replacement tank doesn't for perfectly. But I'm now very happy with the Blitzen which is probably a better tank flavorwise than the Boreas. I also enjoy the Manta a great deal. Both use the cool bubble tanks and have plenty of capacity.

Edit.... Dang I think those would be classified as direct to lung. What was I thinking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.