The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What's Your Favorite MTL RTA?

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Vapemesilly, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    And. I have actually saved money so far!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. ckquatt

ckquatt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    While I'm on it, I honestly can't knock the Kayfun Prime either! I bought one and it's a fantastic (back to the Kayfun Lite days) vape. Just as good to me as my Kayfun Lites but with the up to date looks and build deck. I've been vaping the crap out of that one to on my Provari Radius!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    @ckquatt
    Now that’s my kind of talk.

Is it actually like the lite???

Or does it just feel like a corrected kayfun5 which I have but it’s only okay?
    Nothing to rave about

• Like Like x 2
  4. ckquatt

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    They redid the airflow more back to what the KFL was. There's only one airflow hole and you can dial it down TIGHT! It still has the 6 positions but only on one side. Everything else is basically the 5.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Comparable to a carto-tank? High praise indeed!

I would say the same about it being compared to a Kayfun except that there are too many kinds. KFL or something more airy like a KF5?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ckquatt

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    Nothing can really beat my IBTankeds (but I'm hoarding all my remaining cartos) and the Berserker is great enough that I'm using it instead! (Cartos are like gold now! LOL!)

I would compare it to the KFL or the Prime. Of the 5 airflow positions the 3rd setting to me gives me a KFesque vape, as far as draw goes. Flavor is off the charts too! I'm using my go-to 5 wrap 28g micro coil.

A lot of the reviewers said it can't handle the thicker liquids but I haven't had that problem. I've been vaping Boba's in it the whole time, and haven't had any wicking issues.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Good to hear because I have one on the way!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It handles thicker liquids just fine if you ask me. In fact, I sometimes wonder if that's why I get no gurgling or flooding and whatnot, except that I did in the "tall" configuration but not the "short one" but I am at 90VG and 10%DW at the moment..... It's really a fantastic choice.

Anna

9. ckquatt

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I do get just a touch of flooding when I go to refill. You know unscrew the cap and bubbles start coming up and stuff. But it's literally SO minute that one vape and its not flooded anymore. So I really don't consider it flooding at that point.

• Like Like x 2
  10. nagininagini

nagininagini Full Member

Sep 1, 2017
    My favorite mtl would be Ares or Nautilus 2, both delivery perfect throat hit and flavour.

Enviado do meu PRA-LX1 através do Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I only had the SXK clone (which is supposedly 1:1) and it is not as tight as a KFL (not close IMO) but I like the Berserker on the smallest hole... it is spot on to a tight KFL vape.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    If you like bell caps on your KF or the shape of a GP Spheroid or Nautilus 2 you probably like the Berserker shape.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    What I go on and on about on the Berserker is that it is equivalent to a KFL or a Spheroid in the vape qualities that I love (and have been missing from any RTA in last 2 years) AND it's only $25... win/win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ckquatt

Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    I have Bellcaps for all my Kayfuns! LOL! Funny you should say that. I also have the flat top caps too. I like the looks of both on different devices. Usually the flat caps on my Provari's and the bell caps for like a Coolfire 2 or somethng.

I completely agree! That's why I bought 3 more of them! LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  15. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Yep, I love both styles also, bell cap and five pawns being my favorite "looks" for KFL.

Yep, total of 3 for me and will add at least one more to the stash.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    100% agree if you like it.
    For me, not so much

• Like Like x 1
  17. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    No, I was just saying people aren't just going on about the Berserker because of price... there are TONS of $25 RTAs... they are going on because of function AND price. It functions as well as many high-end devices AND is priced on the low-end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Sounds as though it’s a big swinger to me...
    I agree and there are a few mtl attys that are cheap and people don’t give them so much air so it must be doing something right.

Unless the atty is £150+ I’m not too bothered about price if it can perform.
    That’s not to imply that I’m rich.
    It’s just that I used my phenomenon all day every day for a whole year. That atty cost around £120. It looks great and performs great. That works out to £2 per week!!! I’ve had it a couple years and now I use it maybe 3 days of the week.
    I used to spend £70 (round a bout) on cigs a week alone

It’s always there and costs about £1 per week at a decreasing rate. Apart from the little scuffs from me it performs like day 1.

How cheap do you need vaping to be?

Needs must. If you can’t afford it then you have no choice. If you can, why wouldn’t you?

• Like Like x 2
  19. ToolmanTexas

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    As cheap as possible that gives the attributes that you need to not smoke.

So, 1 device provides those attributes and costs $100. Another device provides the same exact attributes and costs $25. The choice is obvious.

Now, if the attributes don't match or the person chooses not to buy product produced in "X" country or they are a collector and the device is for collecting, etc. then they may choose the $100 device for those reasons.

Same with any hobby... pipe and cigar smoking was the same exact discussion, craft beer, automobiles, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    We agree on an awful lot. However. 30p a day is cheap enough for me to choose products that (imo) look a whole lot better. It’s like why would you buy nice suits that make you feel a whole lot better? When you can buy some cheap gear from (err. Do they sell suits in Costco?) Whatever cheap shops you have.
    Achieves the same thing, keeps you covered, keeps out the cold, keeps you from losing your job.

I’m not a suit wearing man.
    I can’t afford them after these insanely overpriced attys ;)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.