Status
Not open for further replies.

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
Thanks much for the adapter info. I've got my fingers crossed that a 510 to eGo adapter will work with my Auroras.

My first VTR is on its way in vape Mail so I can't check but would one of these or something similar work as a tank stabilizer?
Rubber Gasket Washer Seal Rings - 19mm/ 0.74'';Inner Diameter : 11mm/ 0.43'
If you mean the Aurora BFT, I just checked and it fits with no problem.

Good idea re: rubber gaskets. I'll try whittling on a couple of them that I have out in the garage.

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm putting my iClear 30 on this thing. The Kangers leak and may require an adapter and vanity ring to get to work right.

The iClear 30s, I just cant seem to get it to taste right. Its almost too wet. In my 100%PG stuff it tastes terriby strong. That may sound like a good thing but in my homeade raspberry menthol, the raspberry was overpowering with barely a trace of menthol, which is usually the other way around. With Namber juice and some 70/30 VG/PG mentol it tastes more balanced. This may be a boba's tank for me or something I use with heavy VG.

Edit: I was referring to Strawberry Circus Namber Juice. Initially in my pro tanks, I found it virtually devoid of taste. On the 30s, it definately is a wet, juicy flavor bomb. If you're getting one, you may want to use the 30s as its own animal.

Last edited:

disco180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
New York
I'm putting my iClear 30 on this thing. The Kangers leak and may require an adapter and vanity ring to get to work right.

The iClear 30s, I just cant seem to get it to taste right. Its almost too wet. In my 100%PG stuff it tastes terriby strong. That may sound like a good thing but in my homeade raspberry menthol, the raspberry was overpowering with barely a trace of menthol, which is usually the other way around. With Namber Juice and some 70/30 VG/PG mentol it tastes more balanced. This may be a boba's tank for me or something I use with heavy VG.

Edit: I was referring to Strawberry Circus Namber Juice. Initially in my pro tanks, I found it virtually devoid of taste. On the 30s, it definately is a wet, juicy flavor bomb. If you're getting one, you may want to use the 30s as its own animal.

I am confused with what you said!!! Anyway, I cant get the 30s to work right on the VTR it gives me no taste at all and lack luster vapor and thats with using 60/40 PG-VG. The Kanger Pro-tank 1 works like a charm as long as I make sure to screw it down all the way. The Protank 2 seems to always flood unless I screw it down on top of that attachment adapter that came with the VTR but like I said in another post it looks silly. I went against my #1 rule never buy a new product on its initial release. :(

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am confused with what you said!!! Anyway, I cant get the 30s to work right on the VTR it gives me no taste at all and lack luster vapor and thats with using 60/40 PG-VG. The Kanger Pro-tank 1 works like a charm as long as I make sure to screw it down all the way. The Protank 2 seems to always flood unless I screw it down on top of that attachment adapter that came with the VTR but like I said in another post it looks silly. I went against my #1 rule never buy a new product on its initial release. :(

I took a risk. I expect learning which tanks, setups and juice works best with it is half the fun. The device is pretty great. The 30s has me scratching my head.

I've put higher VG juice in the 30s and it the taste is much more balanced. I think the design of the carto, squished up wicks, whatever is amplifying the taste much more than I'm accustomed to. I'm looking forward to getting some more 30s's and twisting up my DIY recipes.

Tontomoses

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2013
Michigan
Just chirping in... Since the 9th of October I'm in Vaping heaven with this vtr... Bobas bounty over and over and over and over... And to think I was getting tired of dealing with all the pains in the neck that I've dealt with on my first three months off cigarettes and on Vaping. Thank the jeebus I found this device and I clear deallyo :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Tontomoses

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2013
Michigan
I also have been noticing when vaping with the VTR that you have to be careful the way you hold it because you can cover the airholes on the tank and cause it to flood. Thats what has been going on with my protank :(

I haven't used it with anything except the iclear that came with it. And have poured more vapor into my skull in two days than in my first three cumulative months of Vaping most issues I've had isn't the battery or mod, it's the tank or cartomizer that is the issue... They VTR is just a rock_solid_powerful_battery_device_gadget_cool_looking_mod that, for me, is gassing a cool iclear juice vaporizer tank deallyo that hasn't gurgled leaked or spit on me a single time... I think many folk may fall victim, like I did, to Nixing the battery portion of an APV when really the tank/cart is what really is the issue

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I have been using 2 different Protanks and no leaking issues here. I did remove one of the flavor wicks figuring I needed better flow due to more air, and vapor going through it than with previous batts/mods I had used it on. I use a lot of sweet/desert flavors, and felt like I was causing leaks by drawing too hard on the PTII.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Probably a dumb question with most here seemingly into the ProTanks, iClears, and other clearomizer type tanks...but I'm giving some consideration to getting a VTR, only I thought I saw something in this thread awhile back saying that you have to sand down the rings where the tank goes in, order to have a DCT type carto tank like the Smok Pyrex 6ml. fit? Is this correct? I was under the impression that standard 6ml. 19mm tanks would fit in there (this would, presumably exclude things that are wider like the pyrex Phiniac or other specialty carto tanks like that). Can anyone clear this up for me?

I do not use the wick type tanks at all at this stage of my vaping journey...and based on past experience a year or so ago...it's unlikely I'll be tempted to use them any time in the near future (but am keeping my options open). IF I got a VTR it would be primarily to use standard sized carto tanks such as the 6ml. sized Smok DCT or the Smok Pyrex, Artemas UDCT or the Boge F16 type tanks. Can someone clarify if I would have to mod the VTR by sanding down the rings to have that size tank fit? If so...I would likely consider that a deal breaker, since at least one vendor states that the 19mm tanks are supposed to fit, and that was what I was counting on using. TIA.

DaBears

Aug 14, 2013
Kansas City
Got my vtr yesterday my dct tank does not fit and looks a bit silly on top of the adapter, that's okay with me I don't really care for it anyway (airy draw) the new iclear30s it comes with works great huge clouds tons of flavor. I'm really happy with my purchase. Been using protank one and v2 and original iclear30 and the new 30s

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just chirping in... Since the 9th of October I'm in Vaping heaven with this vtr... Bobas bounty over and over and over and over... And to think I was getting tired of dealing with all the pains in the neck that I've dealt with on my first three months off cigarettes and on Vaping. Thank the jeebus I found this device and I clear deallyo :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Whats your sweet spot with the boba's?

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Whats your sweet spot with the boba's?

OK, after 30 minutes I'm just going to rename this the "Boba Machine". The 30S and boba's play splendidly together.

Out of respect to others, you should really combine your posts/responses/questions. There's plenty of other ways to get your "Post Count" up here on the forum.

BradleyNIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Out of respect to others, you should really combine your posts/responses/questions. There's plenty of other ways to get your "Post Count" up here on the forum.

I guess I should have posted pictures of ashtrays instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
I guess I should have posted pictures of ashtrays instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

People who view this forum from their smart phones often have Data Charges to worry about. Some people at home have Bandwidth caps to contend with. And for the ones with slower hard-wired connections, multiple posts add time to their load times.

If you'd like to respond to multiple posters you can use the "+ sign on the bottom left.

In an Internet Forum setting, it's always best to try and be courteous to all members.

Now as not to waste anymore time of the others here, you are more than welcome to PM me personally with any further snide remarks you may have.

Vape on :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread