Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I think it is waaaay overpriced. Apart from the design (which is great), its basically an MVP 2 without a battery or charger, so how can it be almost twice the price? I was hoping for it to be around the £50-60 mark, but I ain't forking out £90 for one, especially without a battery.

think I'll wait until healthcabin or fasttech get them in and hope the dollar is weak against the pound - lol!

I prefer the replaceable battery, but it does add to overall initial cost if you don't have a bunch of them around. Likely market for this product is folks who do.

MSRP at around $120 U.S. (a guess) would likely result in a street price of about 2/3 that or $80. It might end up on fastech or it might be limited production so whoever wants one needs to jump in on it quickly once these are for sale. Could go either way.

snitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I prefer the replaceable battery, but it does add to overall initial cost if you don't have a bunch of them around. Likely market for this product is folks who do.

MSRP at around $120 U.S. (a guess) would likely result in a street price of about 2/3 that or $80. It might end up on fastech or it might be limited production so whoever wants one needs to jump in on it quickly once these are for sale. Could go either way.

Yeah, I agree. I do have loads of 18650's & a charger, so it would not be an issue for me. I was saying it basically does the same thing as an MPV, but they have saved costs by not providing a battery with it. I suppose I was hoping they would come out cheaper than the MPV.

Perhaps I was being hopelessly naive..........lol!

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I think it is waaaay overpriced. Apart from the design (which is great), its basically an MVP 2 without a battery or charger, so how can it be almost twice the price? I was hoping for it to be around the £50-60 mark, but I ain't forking out £90 for one, especially without a battery.

think I'll wait until healthcabin or FastTech get them in and hope the dollar is weak against the pound - lol!

There are high development and manufacturing setup costs associated with novel designs. Also, the VTR looks to me like it has more parts than the MVP which increases manufacturing costs. The price came in at exactly where I thought it would be although one always hopes for less.

To me the price seems perfectly reasonable for a practical, original design that is very attractive, pocket-friendly has pushbutton VV/VW and doesn't pose the risk of snapped off tanks. Unique, well-designed devices out of China won't be forthcoming if manufacturers can't make a fair profit by doing them.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i did the same. my old mvp is still working great. it's not a regular rotation pv for me, but i do use it often enough. comes in handy, especially when out and about. i actually use it as a backup battery charger for a lot of things, which i never thought i would... great little, pv. very reliable. and the new one looks like it'll be just as good, with the added bonus of VW... not that it matters too much. with vv or vw, you can get the same end result if you're not a mad scientist about it. i'm not into sub-ohms or dripping or anything like that. i just like to vape, and i usually use a carto tank or something in the protank family, adjust to taste, and i'm a happy camper.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
There are high development and manufacturing setup costs associated with novel designs. Also, the VTR looks to me like it has more parts than the MVP which increases manufacturing costs. The price came in at exactly where I thought it would be although one always hopes for less.

To me the price seems perfectly reasonable for a practical, original design that is very attractive, pocket-friendly has pushbutton VV/VW and doesn't pose the risk of snapped off tanks. Unique, well-designed devices out of China won't be forthcoming if manufacturers can't make a fair profit by doing them.

Yes - China is famous for having highly paid workers and limited run productions.

I'm sure the price will come down in a few months and, even if it doesn't, I am sure other companies will start to incorporate some of the features of the VTR into new products. The main thing about the VTR that is interesting to me is the recessed tank so it fits nicely in your pocket and won't snap off. In a way, it would be kind of ironic if the VTR got knocked off. In this market and with the ferver that this device has generated . .I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
The coupon code entry was after you start to check out, right before you pay. Are you from the Charlotte area Crocky??
No, I live in about 15 minutes outside of Greenville, in between Greenville and Kinston
But the place I work for has our corporate office there in Albemarle.

Have you ordered form fairy gifts before?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
NOW I see this thread after I've done my orders for the month.
banghead.gif

Oh well. On the list for next month's crop of orders.

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
So I ordered one this afternoon! I'm so excited!!! I just hope everything goes smoothly with shipping, I couldn't find where to add insurance. I picked DHL shipping, never used them before either. What's making me nervous is I live in an apartment building and don't know if they will just put it in my mailbox or leave it by my door. I'm not always home and I worry it will be stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread