New Jumbo 510 3.5ml Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
dont bother using these on an ego 650 or riva 750 battery...you are going to suck so much air its like stuffing a pillow in your mouth and vape. vapor production on said battery is lousy at best. glad i ordered only few of them. maybe they work better on other batteries that are thicker? the breathing holes on the jumbo cart are exposed on the bottom even after you screw it onto the batt, and since no cone fits around it to make the draw tigher, its a no go for me. am i missing something here?

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Okay, enjoying these more as time goes on. Finally starting to see some dryness on this new carto and it took awhile. Oh, and I am getting some throat hit even though this isn't a punchy juice. So far I count these positives: I can use a carto with a milder juice and still enjoy the flavor and I can crank the Darwin up for some oomph without burning. The only thing I'm missing is a drip tip. The whistle tip isn't bad but I'm missing...unimpeded vapor, I guess you could say. No way to mod it since the base is closed...darn. That's the only thing bugging me right now.

And, the arm of my Darwin closes without backing it off so this means I need more of these. Great job, Nhaler!

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
dont bother using these on an ego 650 or riva 750 battery...you are going to suck so much air its like stuffing a pillow in your mouth and vape. vapor production on said battery is lousy at best. glad i ordered only few of them. maybe they work better on other batteries that are thicker? the breathing holes on the jumbo cart are exposed on the bottom even after you screw it onto the batt, and since no cone fits around it to make the draw tigher, its a no go for me. am i missing something here?

I rushed out and bought some of these for my riva 750. I compared them side by side with the same juice on a riva with a boge 510lr, soft cap. There was no comparison. The 3.5 was too airy and didn't deliver on flavor, vapor or TH. The boge was much better on the side by side unit. These 3.5 units will probably really rock on higher voltages and higher cap batts but the standard riva/ego doesn't utilize the cartos capibilities well at all and is not a good match up in my opinion. I'll definately sell or trade the 4 I have left. Still, a great product for those with the right gear. Very well designed and made.

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
I have one of these on my Riva 750 now full of watermelon juice. I agree the draw is airy, but I am getting good flavor and vapor. Not much TH, but that doesn't bother me at all. I would like to come up with some way to mod them to cover the holes in the bottom just to try it out and see if I can get a less airy draw. The carto appears to be about the same diameter as my Riva battery. Hmmmmm.

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
Here is how I fixed the airy draw issue with my Riva. I cut a 1/2 inch piece off of a regular carto condom. I slid it down the cylinder (from the whistle tip end because it's easier to stretch onto the cylinder)and covered 2 of the four holes. Good draw, good flavor, good vapor and decent throat hit for a 12mg watermelon. I have hit it till I got a head rush. LOL! No burning. Love these and they should last me all day long!

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I bought 2... Like others have stated, I just found the flavor to be seriously lacking. Especially when compared to Drew's dual coil cartos. Vapor production was very good, but the flavor just wasn't there. So I'm sticking with dual coil carto's. I really had hope for these 3.5's- would've been great to fill up once (maybe twice) a day.

Here's an idea- dual coil 3.5ml's.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got the five that I ordered today. I can see what people are talking about when they say they are lacking on 3.7v. I filled one with my favorite menthol and tried it first on my 3.7v pv with an AW imr battery. The draw was extremely light and I had to draw for several seconds to get a good hit. I then switched it over to my xhaler at 6v. Short pulses on the button seem to work best. The performance seems to be getting better the longer I use it. I have only been using it for a few hours so far. I will be curious to see how it performs after a day or two and a fill or two. The vapor production at six volts is right on par with about any other atty that I use. They do seem to get hot faster than my normal be112 attys. This does make sense though because these all measured right at 2.7 ohms with my meter but I think there is a resistance of around .2 or .3 ohms in my leads. I touched the leads together before making my check and read the .2 or .3 so I am guessing that these are actually closer to 2.5 ohms. The be112's read in the low 3's. I am going to use this first one for a while before I make a final decision. My only real complaint is that I wish the draw was a little tighter.

N2rock

ECF Veteran
    Jan 29, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    This was weird...
    I got mine on 4/12 and filled it up. Vaped with it for approx an hour, and decided it just wasn't giving me the amount of flavor that a dual coil did. So I put it away in a safe spot. I've been following this thread, and noticed some people saying the flavor improved over time. So last night I pulled it back out to give it another go. Got 3 good drags from it, flavor seemed much improved. The 4th drag, my Darwin shut itself off (the short circuit safety kicked in). The Darwin would no longer accept this, so I tried it on an eGo, and got nothing.

How did this thing short out with such very limited use?

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com
    Not really sure but these are cartomizers and will last different amounts of time. I have had some of the prototype's that last me 2 months and others that blew up quickly...I had ones that I had to throw away because they just got funky tatsting but were still working. I would say that that one is out of the ordinary though.
    Drew

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I am on the second day with my first one. Just like anything else new, it took a little getting used to. I like the whistle tip. The draw could be a bit tighter but I'm dealing with it ok. I did discover that I am a terminal dripper. Even though there is no need to, I pop the cap off and top off the carto. I am using menthol and haven't noticed alot of flavor difference but it is a little more subtle than I'm used to. It is performing well at 6v but I am liking it better when the batteries calm down a little. For me I think optimum performance would be around five volts but since I don't have a VV pv then I'll just make do.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have been using the same one all week and it seems like I am going thru more liquid than normal. I keep getting liquid on my lips from the tip when I first pick up my pv to vape. Perhaps I am over filling it but it seems to happen consistently. I'm not complaining, just an observation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread