Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 41

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
MTL? You don't need anything more than a single battery mod, especially with 21700s. Even an 18650 will do. A DNA 75/75C would be fine, but the Therion is essentially off the market and an HCigar is the only one I think you have a chance of finding,
I think I saw the Therion offered in a couple of places. But I don't the way you access the battery on it. Deal killer. Pity, because otherwise it looks very nice.
Hcigar is a DNA 75. No Replay on that. Right?

The Carbon Topside dual 18650 offers a YiHi chip made specifically for Dovpo, is not their to of the line board, but still better than the lower end boards they do. However the mod is huge, and a total waste of size and weight for mtl use.
Only disadvantage is the size. I might look into that if I can't find a single battery mod I like. The Drone is another option
This seems quiet interesting, but can't find enough feedback about it. Nice price though
https://www.fasttech.com/product/9678105

For a DNA mod - the HCigar vt Inbox would work:
HCigar VT Inbox Evolv DNA 75 Temperature Control Squonk Mod

Or an Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 mod, flashed with arctic fox firmware
the pico seems quiet decent. Can't make a pass on it at this price. Will order one at least. Thanks!
But still looking for a more robust sqounker

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Someone on this forum has one of those VTX200's. Apparently a very generic build and no support from the company, but as it's an Evolv board, Evol will support the board for a year, so you have some protection. Besides, again for mtl use 2 batteries is overkill and you have a handful for no reason.

The Inbox is a 75 board, so no Replay, but if you don't change builds frequently, setting up profiles still works just fine and you save a considerable amount of money.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
@bombastinator, haven't you got some experience with the Vapecige VTX200?
It never got back together again. I gave up on it long ago. The plastic screw threads gave out after just a couple uses and the shaft areas were so thin they couldn’t be rethreaded.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Thanks, I ordered the VTInbox

I love the Inbox had mine for a few years and it's always one of my daily drivers.

I have had my Inbox (I actually have 2, one still in the box) for about 2 years now, and it has always been in my rotation, most of the time my daily. The only time it is not is when some new shinny arrives in the mail, but I always go back to it.

I am really eyeing the Stinger DNA 75C, but I cant decide if I am getting a case of the 'Shinnies" or not. My unicorn is an Inbox with a DNA 75C board and the Stinger comes very close.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have had my Inbox (I actually have 2, one still in the box) for about 2 years now, and it has always been in my rotation, most of the time my daily. The only time it is not is when some new shinny arrives in the mail, but I always go back to it.

I am really eyeing the Stinger DNA 75C, but I cant decide if I am getting a case of the 'Shinnies" or not. My unicorn is an Inbox with a DNA 75C board and the Stinger comes very close.

This will be my second VTInbox. I enjoy mine. It gets used everyday. I like the DNA 75 for simplicity and it seems easier on batteries than the 75C - courtesy of @Baditude. If one of them gives up the ghost, I have some 75 boards for replacement and I think the Inbox may be rebuildable by the otherwise incompetent. I have not taken on apart yet, I won't until the thing has become a brick.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

I have a DIY 75C squonker, great little box (old pic with the Sanyo B, there is an A in it now) and as much as I love Replay mode, I still reach for the Inbox more often. I too find battery life to be better with a VTC6 in the Inbox, but have not tried a 40T in the 75C.

75C -1.jpg

Leaky MM510 and a BB Vapes bottle.
75C -2.jpg

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
This will be my second VTInbox. I enjoy mine. It gets used everyday. I like the DNA 75 for simplicity and it seems easier on batteries than the 75C - courtesy of @Baditude. If one of them gives up the ghost, I have some 75 boards for replacement and I think the Inbox may be rebuildable by the otherwise incompetent. I have not taken on apart yet, I won't until the thing has become a brick.
Yeah, I’m thinking of buying a second Inbox too - for my Vapocalypse stash. I have a V2, and the only problem I’ve had is that a little corrosion or rust has started to appear on the frame around its 510 deck plate.

That and another sandstorm Jac Series B for my tanks. And maybe an Aegis squonk when it comes out. And maybe a second Pulse 80/90. And maybe... :D

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I have a DIY 75C squonker, great little box (old pic with the Sanyo B, there is an A in it now) and as much as I love Replay mode, I still reach for the Inbox more often. I too find battery life to be better with a VTC6 in the Inbox, but have not tried a 40T in the 75C.

View attachment 836225

Leaky MM510 and a BB Vapes bottle.
View attachment 836227

Is it just me, or does TC, Replay, etc just make more difference with a tank than a RBA?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Is it just me, or does TC, Replay, etc just make more difference with a tank than a RBA?
I like TC or Replay on RDAs as I'm a lazy dripper/squonker. I've been bit too many times by an almost dry coil on a 100W pull with the Drone. ;)

I usually don't run TC on RTAs unless I'm using a full steel stank and can't see the juice level.

TC won't fix a bad build, if the atty doesn't vape perfectly in power mode it won't vape properly in TC.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I like TC or Replay on RDAs as I'm a lazy dripper/squonker. I've been bit too many times by an almost dry coil on a 100W pull with the Drone. ;)

This. I really do not like dry hits at 30W, let alone something higher. TC/Replay is a safe guard against this and also helps let you know that you need to squonk. When the flavor goes away, time to squonk.

Well that is if you are vaping flavored juice, I know there are those that vape unflavored

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’m not worried about dry hits. I over squonk, if anything. That’s not what I use TC for though, it’s for the consistency. From one hit to the next, I am doing just fine with unregulated squonkers, but from the top of the battery to the bottom is another matter. I rather think TC would be more consistent but might drain my batteries down a lot more than I do with a mech, which gets fairly lame so I swap it out before it’s too low.

6 of one, half dozen of the other, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread