New squonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Two. The perfect squonk and a back up. Good luck on the quest to find the perfect squonk for YOU.

I have. I doesn't exist. A 2x(2x700) topside. I want 7000maH at 70A.
Oh, and powered by Arctic Fox.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I prefer dual coil setups, typically Clapton’s and use 20s’s or p26a’s for 18650’s or the 30T for 21700’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's ok as long as you watch your ohms. I used to be dual coil only but since getting some of my single squonks lately i've got really into my 0.5/0.6 ohm single coils. It's kind of a more relaxing vape :)

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Yeah, it's ok as long as you watch your ohms. I used to be dual coil only but since getting some of my single squonks lately i've got really into my 0.5/0.6 ohm single coils. It's kind of a more relaxing vape :)

I typically run a .3 ohm set of fused Clapton’s in my mechs but I’ll go .5/.6 ohm on a regulated mod...I like a warmer vape

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I typically run a .3 ohm set of fused Clapton’s in my mechs but I’ll go .5/.6 ohm on a regulated mod...I like a warmer vape

I tend to build no lower than 0.3 these days but as I said the single 0.5's are fast becoming my go to :)

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
How many squonkers does a squonkee need to squonk?
A squonkee can squonk as many squonkers as a squonkee can squonk, if a sqounkee could squonk squonkers (which they obviously can ... and apologies to woodchucks everywhere).

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
20190608_130913.jpg
:(

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
How many squonkers does a squonkee need to squonk?
Me, on any given day, three.

However, I have enough spares to last me the rest of my life. None of them are new. I'm just fine with my old-school stuff. I watch threads like this to see what's new, but I have yet to come across anything I'd rather have than what I already do have.

T04Um4y.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
So, how does everyone use their BF mods? Topside dual and drone aside, single cell limits and amp ratings have me a little worried I might be puhsing things a little hard at 0.18ohm at 80w or so...
Single coil MTL RDA's 0.6-1.0Ω

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
So, how does everyone use their BF mods? Topside dual and drone aside, single cell limits and amp ratings have me a little worried I might be puhsing things a little hard at 0.18ohm at 80w or so...
Resistance on a regulated mod is not important.

My current regulated squonks have:
0.1Ω on the Drone @ 110W (N80)
0.2Ω - 0.3Ω on my single cell DNAs under TC @ 450F/55W (Ti, SS430 or Nife48)
0.5Ω on the Delta @ 65W

Mechs have:
0.12Ω on both the Furyan and Pulse BF (SS316L)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

I’m using Recurves and Bunkers, at .25- .30 ohms. I have a couple wasp nano but I’m not really impressed with them.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
I’m using Recurves and Bunkers, at .25- .30 ohms. I have a couple wasp nano but I’m not really impressed with them.

I thought the Wasp Nano was the bee’s knees when I first got it, then after I drank a few bottles of eliquid I decided it wasn’t that great. I still have two but use them with longer 510 dt’s and only when I’m testing flavors.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

In the end I can relate on the Wasp Nano falling short on expectations. I used one for a time on an original Eleaf Squeeze that I used for short wee hours of the night errands. With the low ohm 4mm RxW build I ran in it I added a DT extension to it to deal with the spit back.

Old picture...
mysqueeze5.jpg

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Resistance on a regulated mod is not important.

My current regulated squonks have:
0.1Ω on the Drone @ 110W (N80)
0.2Ω - 0.3Ω on my single cell DNAs under TC @ 450F/55W (Ti, SS430 or Nife48)
0.5Ω on the Delta @ 65W

Mechs have:
0.12Ω on both the Furyan and Pulse BF (SS316L)
Ok. I'm get resistance isn't so much as important on a regulated, as to the end wattage as on a mech, as wattage setting is responsible for battery drain and stress.

I have a couple of assumptions that I could use clarification on.

1: if I run wattage higher than what would obtain on a mech at a given resistance, the mod will use a buck/boost circuit to achieve, which causes the mod to heat up more.

2: resistance, while not directly related to useable wattage range, can be a guide.

Sorry if I'm a bit confused. Trying to optimize my squonk experience. I should start a new thread, or just do more research.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Wow! I want a spade in the worst way. I’m not sure about the joystick - I had one mod with a joystick and it was too easy to push.
Mine is a mech. I never had a mod with a Yihi chip (or any other mod that uses a joystick). But Vicious Ant puts out some very nice mods, and the spade is tied for my favorite (along with my Signature SQ).

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Ok. I'm get resistance isn't so much as important on a regulated, as to the end wattage as on a mech, as wattage setting is responsible for battery drain and stress.

I have a couple of assumptions that I could use clarification on.

1: if I run wattage higher than what would obtain on a mech at a given resistance, the mod will use a buck/boost circuit to achieve, which causes the mod to heat up more.

2: resistance, while not directly related to useable wattage range, can be a guide.

Sorry if I'm a bit confused. Trying to optimize my squonk experience. I should start a new thread, or just do more research.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking in question #1. A regulated mod would use it's buck/boot circuit all the time to put power to the coil, depending on the wattage you select there could be some heat generated by that circuit.

For question #2 if you only use one type of wire for all your builds then a coil resistance = wattage level could be used as a guide. I have a 0.25Ω 24ga Ti coil in one of my B2Ks that runs very nicely at 50W, if I put a 0.25Ω framed staple clapton in there, then that same 50W would barely bring it to life. I build coils for use on a regulated mod to suit an attys chamber size and airflow, adjusting the power level to bring out the best flavor notes of the juice used. Resistance doesn't even factor into the build unless it's at the extreme ends of the scale where you are going to hit the mods voltage or current limits.

Mechanical mods are a whole different can of worms, you have to keep the batteries current limits in mind and build around that.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Hmmm... My concern is about unnecessarilily taxing my hardware to achieve the vape I want. I built a 316L coil at 0.18 which ran beautifully at 80w, but if I took more than a few pulls on it, the whole thing would heat up, battery and all. It had me a little worried I was pushing things a little too hard. My thinking is that the closer the set wattage on a mod is to the wattage generated by a coil on bypass, the less taxing on the chip. If I eliminate that factor, I can determine if my build pushes the battery too hard, or if that's just too much heat at the atty being transferred through the mod.

• Informative
Reactions: charlie1465

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hmmm... My concern is about unnecessarilily taxing my hardware to achieve the vape I want. I built a 316L coil at 0.18 which ran beautifully at 80w, but if I took more than a few pulls on it, the whole thing would heat up, battery and all. It had me a little worried I was pushing things a little too hard. My thinking is that the closer the set wattage on a mod is to the wattage generated by a coil on bypass, the less taxing on the chip. If I eliminate that factor, I can determine if my build pushes the battery too hard, or if that's just too much heat at the atty being transferred through the mod.

I’d be alarmed if my mod got warm enough to mention. I tried using Steam Engine to see what that said, but it’s not working for me this morning.

I’m from team *better safe than sorry* so I don’t push my limits and back off if anything seems wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread