NEW!! The Hybrid Atty is coming to COV this week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
I don't know....I'm still having trouble. I'm not getting as good a taste as I do from cartos. What the hell am I doing wrong. I squeeze the bottle till I see the juice in the well. Take a dry suck, then I vape. Sometimes I get a little gurgle. Not what I expected. Am I doing something wrong?

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
I don't know....I'm still having trouble. I'm not getting as good a taste as I do from cartos. What the hell am I doing wrong. I squeeze the bottle till I see the juice in the well. Take a dry suck, then I vape. Sometimes I get a little gurgle. Not what I expected. Am I doing something wrong?

Try dripping a few drops on the coil, and see how it goes.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
I did that. I even soaked the whole atty in juice to be sure the wick was soaked. I guess I gotta play around with it more. So far I'm a little ...... at myself. Am I ever gonna get this atty thing?

Be patient!

It takes a little while to break in an atomizer.

Once it clicks...you'll be wondering what it was you were having trouble with. :)

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
In my experience with 3 thus far, it takes a Loooong time to break them in. You have to be patient grasshopper. A good hour or two and 2-3 mls of juice before mine started to get good. The next day...BAMB! You really have to keep them saturated when breaking in. After that juice consumption tapers off. I was amazed how quickly I went through 3 mls of juice during seasoning.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
So what tips are you guys using with these? Got mine in today, and the only one I could fit on it was a whistle-tip from an old IKV Cannon Stealth atty. So far, so good on performance.. but I prefer a regular rounded tip.

I'm still undecided overall but for the days I had the standard going strong, it was a really solid and pleasing experience. I need to get the bottom-feeder back to roll that a while. And work from there. So far I'd say this has a lot more promise than other recent product announcements in the vaping space. -Magnus

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
I used a regular 510 drip tip. I'm still getting the brining taste. I'm gonna take a break from it until tomorrow. I can see the juice going in. I don't know why I'm getting the taste. Time to regroup and start again later.

Could it be the juice? It taste fine in a carto.

what pv are you vaping on and at what volt?...:)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I used a regular 510 drip tip. I'm still getting the brining taste. I'm gonna take a break from it until tomorrow. I can see the juice going in. I don't know why I'm getting the taste. Time to regroup and start again later.

Could it be the juice? It taste fine in a carto.

Striper, I am using my BF Hybrid 2.0 on my Mini, too. Using KBV MAW 30/70, but dripping other juices as well. I cleaned mine last nite (a good blow thru, and a long soak in Vodka, blow out, dry and primed with 50/50 pg/vg (no flavor). I'm not getting the same taste I had initially, and vapor production, tho good, is not as good as before. It may be that I have to break this in again since the vodka soak? What do you mean by the brining taste?

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
I'm using a BF Hybrid 1.5 ohm on a Reo Mini AW IMR14500. Bluemist Creme De Menthe 70%pg 20%vg

the burning taste comes from it not having enough juice or sucking too hard....these attys need to be really,really wet.....especially before they're are broken in...
you're almost feeding constantly... once broken in you feed normally when flavor starts to taper....take light draws like on an analog..too hard
of a draw will give you burnt taste...:)

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
Striper, I am using my BF Hybrid 2.0 on my Mini, too. Using KBV MAW 30/70, but dripping other juices as well. I cleaned mine last nite (a good blow thru, and a long soak in Vodka, blow out, dry and primed with 50/50 pg/vg (no flavor). I'm not getting the same taste I had initially, and vapor production, tho good, is not as good as before. It may be that I have to break this in again since the vodka soak? What do you mean by the brining taste?

I don't clean mine...but I imagine you'll have to extra feed to get mesh to absorb...so in a way its like rebreaking in...:)...I just finished day 10 with my 2.0 on vvGrip and day 8 with 1.5
on Vmod and both still full of flavor and vapor...I've also had a 2.0 standard on mbvv for 6 days going great...:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread