NEW!! The Hybrid Atty is coming to COV this week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
That would be a shame IMO. It's not Vapage's fault these attys are being used "off label" so to speak. I have them on my grand and mini with no problem but I learned to only tighten till I get a fire with any atomizer. Ya don't have to drill to China ;-)

BTW...I pointed out the threads & posts from people who blame the Hybrid for shorting their mods to Vapage.

The Hybrid didn't short the mods.
Over torquing shorted the mods.

We may see them do away with the plans for interchangeable venturi's to avoid this issue altogether.

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
That would be a shame IMO. It's not Vapage's fault these attys are being used "off label" so to speak. I have them on my grand and mini with no problem but I learned to only tighten till I get a fire with any atomizer. Ya don't have to drill to China ;-)

I agree!....no atty should ever be tightened beyond the point you feel it snug..it shortens your atty connector life too when you over tighten...:)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I agree!....no atty should ever be tightened beyond the point you feel it snug..it shortens your atty connector life too when you over tighten...:)

I use my drip tip as the tightening guide. I tighten only until the drip tip rotates. After that I figure I'm picking a fight with friction. -Magnus

You are both so astute! These are metaphors for life, too.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
'68 stang ;-)

When I was a senior in HS I had a 69 Firebird, a 65 Mustang (all original) and a 65 Buick Special (mostly all original) that I picked from every day to drive. They were all mine, paid for by me, and insured and maintained by me. Who says working at McDonalds is for chumps? Oh yeah, all my classmates who had to ride the bus home while I tooled around in one of my cars. LOL

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Only slightly blow out the gunk is the best and proven way I have found that works with not just the AMG Hybrid but all attys.

That doesn't address in any way the gunk stuck to the coil and wick though. I use dark juices and have to clean my attys or my current iAtty every day to keep them not only performing well but tasting as they should.

Would love if it were that easy. :(

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
I don't think you'll see any atty manufacturer recommending dry-burns, but you can always give it a shot...

Are ya feeling lucky? :lol: :evil:

Must be fairly lucky as I dry burn all my attys. I dry burn my iAtty to clean the coil but that doesn't count since I have almost 1000' of wick and wire. No, don't believe I'll run out any time soon.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Must be fairly lucky as I dry burn all my attys. I dry burn my iAtty to clean the coil but that doesn't count since I have almost 1000' of wick and wire. No, don't believe I'll run out any time soon.

Some people can dry burn successfully, and others will blow the coil every time.
Let us know if you find a good method.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Caution on these for sure - (as to dry burn)- I sure blew the coil with just a couple of pulses. But, I also claim no expertise in the area.

I read somewhere to only drip on the mesh----which surprised the newbie in me. Have a feeling that this would reduce gunk build up on the coil? Am I getting warm? -- ie is that correct logic?

Last edited:

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Caution on these for sure -- I sure blew the coil with just a couple of pulses. But, I also claim no expertise in the area.

I read somewhere to only drip on the mesh----which surprised the newbie in me. Have a feeling that this would reduce gunk build up on the coil? Am I getting warm? -- ie is that correct logic?

I wish I had some spares to try and recreate what happened to yours.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Atty manufacturers, vendors and those in the know do not recommend dry burns, but many many vapers do so. I think it's all in the wrist (j/k).

You can do the alternative cleaning methods (vodka soak, blow out. polident soak, blow out. U/S cleaning, etc.) It's true that most likely nothing but a dry burn will clean the coil of 'gunk', but it's not recommended because too many people fry their attys that way.

For now, there is no perfect solution (pun intended).

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Kangan, with sparkles.

Now how the heck do I stay on topic.

Ahh... blowing out attys, turning off firing buttons, checking that no juices will be hit by the morning sun, sipping my last vapes of the evening, and saying g'nite to ECF.

(Magnus, I miss your "Doctor" sigs.)

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
2 weeks in with these attys and I will say that they perform outstanding between voltage load 4.19-3.7, once my AW P18650 2600mAh 3.7v bats voltage load drops below 3.7v, the performance dramatically decreases IMHO and the 1.5Ω/2.0Ω AMG Universal Hybrid's are still going strong and have consumed lots of juice.

The flavor production is simply amazing, the vapor production is as well simply amazing and the th is simply perfect for me on both now. I do still flood them here and there but no biggie for me, on this rate these attys should last at least a month with serious usage. They do get quite warm to the touch when chain vaping but all attys do but these have the tendencies to cool down quickly.

If I blow out the gunk if flooded, clean the threads and contact when flooded and or at the end of the day...then soak'em, the next morning they work just like they did the previous day. Most of the drip tips I have all fit nice and snugly onto the sleeve with very little pressure but whatever you do, do not cover the opening on top of the drip tip while seating it into the sleeve...you will flood your atty no matter how many drops you have in it.

Overall, I give these bad boys a +15 from my experience.
+5 for Vapor Production
+5 for Flavor Production
+5 for TH

I am using Minnesota Menthol at 25mg nic lvl and 70/30 pg/vg...

*ATTN: Do not over torque any atty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread