New vapcell doesn’t fit in my mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    But you're right, as long as there are no devices that can make proper use of LiFePo cells, that chemistry is just a niche product.
    If someone wanted to build their own mod, the DNA2xx series of boards can safely charge and discharge them properly. Their standing voltage cutoff is 3V. Been that way for almost 5 years now.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    You need a board that works properly between 2.5V to 3V, because under heavy load (10A+) a LiFePo will sag below 3V, so a DNA board is still more or less useless.
    I haven't played with DNA boards in many years, but I'm reasonably confident the cut-off voltage in DNAs is a resting voltage, not a voltage under load. Their software does warn when a battery is "weak", i.e. when the sag is excessive, but it does not stop working. Moreover, I'm certain the DNA2xx series has a preset for LiFePO4 batteries, which takes the characteristics of these batteries into account, and if that's not good enough, all the details are configurable via the settings that can be uploaded via their EScribe software. So I think you might be making unwarranted assumptions here. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread