New Vaper Here... Do YOU feel weird for vaping in front of others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
I'm a little old lady, and believe me, I don't care what other people think when they see me vaping in public. I didn't care what they thought when I smoked and I don't care what they think now that I vape.

If anybody says anything snippy, I'll trip them with my cane...

Ah-ha! Another use for my new cane. :)

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
You know it's kind of weird, because I never even thought about it until I saw this question popping up rather frequently on here.
Does that make me some kind of weirdo:confused:
:laugh:

No.......... Comment. :D

If I had a nickel for every time someone thought I was a weirdo.... Well I'd have a buttload of nickels.

Maybe when I first started vaping, but I was on a mission to quit smoking so I probably didn't even notice anyone looking at me oddly. More so than normal anyway. ;)

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
So it seems as though society has moved into the "smoking is wrong/bad/nasty" etc. etc. and I used to/still do feel guilty for smoking in public (I have not completely quit analogs)

I am finding that I'm feeling just as weird for vaping in public/infront of other people then I did for smoking...

Do you?

Is this something I'll just get used to?

:vapor:

Not me. I ain't doing anything wrong, I got nothing to feel guilty about.

'Course, I am kinda misanthrope and all them filthy monkeys can kiss my... no, you shouldn't let 'em touch ya. They carry disease ya know?

Last edited:

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
I don't feel the least bit wrong about vaping in public. I didn't feel wrong about smoking in public when I did and when it was legal to smoke in public, but was more choosy where I did smoke.

Oddly enough though, it does fascinate me on how we relate right/wrong, good/bad on social behavior when the laws change. We can be branded a criminal overnight if certain laws pass and when they have. By proxy, the brand of a lesser being as a result.

Respect is a given, however. I would not have smoked in a supermarket, and do not feel the desire to vape in a supermarket. In a bar, on the street, or even within twenty-five feet of a starbucks, on the other hand... I will vape as I please. I am open to conversation, respectfully responding to curiosity, and courteous in respect to concerns. I hand out cards for further information, both to this website and CASAA for those who might like to know more. (We must be willing to look things up if we have concerns, mustn't we?) ;)

And yes, responses to the ecigs can be entertaining, and my sarcastic wit can roll with that as well. The conversation usually gets informative regardless, and many others that I have talked to have switched over since those conversations. :vapor:

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'm the same way, I'm still a bit reluctant to pull it out in public. Luckily at work there are about 10 of us that do it now and the reason I started vaping in the first place...

When I'm out at a bar or public a few people have asked me what it was, I am still trying to get my talking points down...because if I say it's a vaporizer people think i'm smoking pot and if I say it's an eCig people think it is no different than a cigarette...I still like saying vaporizer better, because from a pure semantics standpoint I think removing "cig" out of the name doesn't conjure up negative feelings people have from smoking. Plus, I don't want to get lumped in with all those disposable ecig people haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread