New York "Open Legislation" website - comments needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiff

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Arizona
Just because the politicians don't see or care about what we say, posting there STILL makes a difference. There are people who WILL see all of those comments. Let's face it, the more people who see and know, the better.

Although, that doesn't mean by any means people should just post there. Send some emails or letters, or as you say karmatized, phone calls or visits. It would make little sense for out-of-staters like me to do more than email and mail, since they care less about what I think than people who vote.

nojoyet

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Canada, near Vancouver
Bump

Up to 96 posts but no new posts for 22 hours.

I have to agree with Jiff that it is worth posting and amoung the things that those of us who live far away can do to lend support. Even if each post is not read we can still hope the number of posts draws attention.

By not posting we ensure that we are not heard.

If someone who has an appointment thinks it would be worthwhile perhaps comments could be printed and taken along?

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
There is an excellent post that has a sticky, on effective ways to win others over to our way of thinking:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/campaigning-discussions/36758-effective-advocacy.html

Believe me, I understand the feelings of anger, frustration, and pain. I do. But get those feelings out another way. Write a letter that you don't send anywhere. Go for a very brisk walk. Go into a closet and scream.

When you are writing for public view, keep a level head and a civil tongue.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
I went through the same thing registered and all typed a lengthy comment only to have it disappear.
I posted a lengthy comment a couple of weeks ago, at a time when none at all were showing. But it does not appear. Arrgh! :mad:

Edit: I looked again, and discovered the comments are separated between the two versions of the bill - and mine does show up under the Assembly version's page.

So I guess that means we all have to post twice. the Assembly page for comments is here:

A9529 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Prohibits the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors and items not defined as a tobacco product or approved by the FDA as a tobacco use cessation or harm reduction - New York State Senate

PS: There are 35 comments on the Assembly page.

nojoyet

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Canada, near Vancouver
I went through the same thing registered and all typed a lengthy comment only to have it disappear.

Sometimes it takes a couple of days for comments to show up. They do say that they review before posting.

Smiley7's post indicates that the count, at that time, was 18 hours old.

Check back later, it will likely show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread