• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
I've been in here for quite awhile and haven't upgraded my kit despite contemplating for a Long while. The main consideration is the difference between vaping and analog. I'm vaping at 0.4ohm 46w on a 6mg juice w my Subox and lung inhaling instead of mouth to lung (analog style), no doubt vapor production is good( not like those cloud chasers but significantly denser clouds) it just isn't satisfying. Honestly idk what I'm missing out and I'm definitely not incline to drop $200 on a brand new mod and rda to only find out there is still a significant difference from analog. Initially peipple say its juice issue but even after trying US 6mg, yes it's better than msia/home brewed, but still lackluster. Definitely would love some help here...

I'm aiming for a rx200s or 2/3 w a rda for maximum kick.

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
I've been in here for quite awhile and haven't upgraded my kit despite contemplating for a Long while. The main consideration is the difference between vaping and analog. I'm vaping at 0.4ohm 46w on a 6mg juice w my Subox and lung inhaling instead of mouth to lung (analog style), no doubt vapor production is good( not like those cloud chasers but significantly denser clouds) it just isn't satisfying. Honestly idk what I'm missing out and I'm definitely not incline to drop $200 on a brand new mod and rda to only find out there is still a significant difference from analog. Initially peipple say its juice issue but even after trying US 6mg, yes it's better than msia/home brewed, but still lackluster. Definitely would love some help here...

I'm aiming for a rx200s or 2/3 w a rda for maximum kick.

Quite a few mods below you can get for cheap though and maybe a Troll RDA V2 ( nice flavor RDA ). I don't own one but tried my friends.

I feel that increasing the wattage helps to get a more satisfying vape with out having higher Nicotine content in juices. I used to vape at 30watts but slowly increased to 55watts on SS 316L wire at 0.45ohms (Temp control) It gives a satisfying vape.

Been trying out Alien Claptons in a Goon 24mm which needed more power so it's at 65 to 75watts. Nice and warm with very nice flavor. Which is in my opinion satisfying.

Cuboid - 150 to 200watts

Evic VTC dual (ability to use single battery is a plus) -150 watts

Praxis Banshee - 150 watts

Lost Vapes Therion DNA 75

Or save a bit more and go for a killer mod like the
Lost Vapes Triade DNA 250. ( gonna get it next )

The DNA mods are just responsive and killer on Temp Control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trippy_K82

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
Quite a few mods below you can get for cheap though and maybe a Troll RDA V2 ( nice flavor RDA ). I don't own one but tried my friends.

I feel that increasing the wattage helps to get a more satisfying vape with out having higher Nicotine content in juices. I used to vape at 30watts but slowly increased to 55watts on SS 316L wire at 0.45ohms (Temp control) It gives a satisfying vape.

Been trying out Alien Claptons in a Goon 24mm which needed more power so it's at 65 to 75watts. Nice and warm with very nice flavor. Which is in my opinion satisfying.

Cuboid - 150 to 200watts

Evic VTC dual (ability to use single battery is a plus) -150 watts

Praxis Banshee - 150 watts

Lost Vapes Therion DNA 75

Or save a bit more and go for a killer mod like the
Lost Vapes Triade DNA 250. ( gonna get it next )

The DNA mods are just responsive and killer on Temp Control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehe, I've learned a lot and watched a lot after quitting analogs. Using rx200s + tsunami now! Slowly getting poisoned by mech now. Haha.

Reactions: Khanninnarh

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
Hi everybody, I have been researching online for many days and can't find any clues. Don't want to buy online as there's a high chance of been confiscated. Don't want to cross the water as there's a high chance of being caught. Finally decided to join ECF today, hoping to get some advise from the veterans. Many thanks!
I can honestly tell you, no one will spoon feed you the info. I started off like you, clueless, did my own research and sourcing, it's not that hard really.

Ayy Lmao

Nov 28, 2016
Hi all, newbie vapor here! My friend and i just got our subox minis about 13 months ago. But he dropped his recently and now the led display wont work. It had the 9.9ohm error no matter what fix we try. Additionally it begins to spark when he touches the firing pin with the screwdriver. i was wondering if there was any solution for this? Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Woohoowoohoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2016
Hi all, newbie vapor here! My friend and i just got our subox minis about 13 months ago. But he dropped his recently and now the led display wont work. It had the 9.9ohm error no matter what fix we try. Additionally it begins to spark when he touches the firing pin with the screwdriver. i was wondering if there was any solution for this? Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Time to upgrade. Haha. my subox mini can't read any atomizer no matter how. Take out the battery/ Off before you do anything. Try to pry the 510 pin.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
By "firing pin" you're referring to the 510 post within the thread, I expect. It shouldn't be sparking on its own if the firing button isn't depressed. There's a short somewhere and it may be permanently turned on.
I personally think you ought to just bin it and get a new one. A mod that won't turn off is dangerous: any tank you screw onto it will start firing up and you could just get a burnt hit at best, or set off a fire at worst. Or worse still, you overheat the batt and... KABOOM.
Don't be a cheapskate; getting a new mod is cheaper than spending time in a hospital. You're not gonna get any sympathy if you end up on the front page of TNP.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Time to upgrade. Haha. my subox mini can't read any atomizer no matter how. Take out the battery/ Off before you do anything. Try to pry the 510 pin.
If your display is spoilt, how do you use the mod? By feel? You're essentially using a regulated mod like a mechanical. You also have no idea what else is wrong with it. Like I said above, unless you're prepared to do a circuit board swap out, get a new mod. Safety first.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Reactions: trippy_K82

dunicorn

Jan 10, 2017
Singapore
Oh just to add... i heard from an acquaintance who is posted here from overseas.
he tried to order from overseas and ship here..

Naturally got stopped at customs... i think they then called him and gave him a warning.
I think he is lucky so bear in mind those who order that since they stop your order at the customs, with the address you are putting up a risk for a raid on your address...
just some info for all you guys.. dont know how "strict" they are and how far they go for personal vaper but dont risk it wor...

trippy_K82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2016
Sorry! Posted on the wrong thread.

Anyone own snow wolf 200w plus and snok alien kit? Wanna compare which one better.

no snow wolf but have smok alien kit. the mod itself is pretty nice. nice size to hold and carry around easy to use. the tank(baby beast) does not come with RBA. have to buy seperately. IMO i prefer the baby beast when using the OCC coils. now using the alien mod with merlin mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread