Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi Eskie,how's that engine purring along? Any misfires? Lol

Purring along like a perfect kitty. Enough so I want to order another one in black once they're back in stock at vapordna unless I can find it available elsewhere.

The only drawback is because of the side/top fill, you can't really see the fluid level well as you refill and it's easy to overdo it, leaving yourself with a bit of cleaning up. I've gotten used to it and the last 2 refills were much neater.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
Purring along like a perfect kitty. Enough so I want to order another one in black once they're back in stock at vapordna unless I can find it available elsewhere.

The only drawback is because of the side/top fill, you can't really see the fluid level well as you refill and it's easy to overdo it, leaving yourself with a bit of cleaning up. I've gotten used to it and the last 2 refills were much neater.
Good deal my friend am glad all is well,I actually ordered mine in black and then sent them an email to switch it to ss instead,I always find its always harder to what's going on with black tanks,or you see to much lol,like every juice smear,I know what you mean with obs filling method,my crius was also a mess every time I filled it,even if you don't overfill you still have to wipe it after closing fill port,oh well no tank is perfect,really looking forward getting it soon and hope I don't have issues wicking it,btw were are you cutting your wicks? Do you have a guide line that you use so they are not too short or too long?

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Good deal my friend am glad all is well,I actually ordered mine in black and then sent them an email to switch it to ss instead,I always find its always harder to what's going on with black tanks,or you see to much lol,like every juice smear,I know what you mean with obs filling method,my crius was also a mess every time I filled it,even if you don't overfill you still have to wipe it after closing fill port,oh well no tank is perfect,really looking forward getting it soon and hope I don't have issues wicking it,btw were are you cutting your wicks? Do you have a guide line that you use so they are not too short or too long?

I cut the wick to roughly the edge of the deck where you would place the ends over (or in my case unlike Shawn, slightly ticked in) and lay on/over/slightly in the bottom juice holes. I will admit my first reaction was to push the wick all the way through and down in the juice well, but after seeing a video review where they did not push it through I decided to give that a shot. There's a photo in the instruction manual that comes with it which shows the wicks lightly tucked in.

If you've used the Crius you know the fill deal. What I've doneto keep things neat, and this is true for just about all my tanks, is either use a unicorn bottle with the small point or a syringe with a 14G blunt needle. That way I can slide it all the way into the tank and avoid any damming of juice at the fill port.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I cut the wick to roughly the edge of the deck where you would place the ends over (or in my case unlike Shawn, slightly ticked in) and lay on/over/slightly in the bottom juice holes. I will admit my first reaction was to push the wick all the way through and down in the juice well, but after seeing a video review where they did not push it through I decided to give that a shot. There's a photo in the instruction manual that comes with it which shows the wicks lightly tucked in.

If you've used the Crius you know the fill deal. What I've doneto keep things neat, and this is true for just about all my tanks, is either use a unicorn bottle with the small point or a syringe with a 14G blunt needle. That way I can slide it all the way into the tank and avoid any damming of juice at the fill port.
Thanks so much my friend,I think that's pretty much were mike vapes cut his wicks in his video,I've seen some going all the way to the edges of the screw cap and that just seems too long to me,as for filling I also used small tip gorilla bottles and such but after opening and closing a few times e juice just makes its way there anyways,I usually wipe before closing and that seems to keep things a little less juicy lol;-)

Reactions: MMW and Eskie

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA

BTW if you get a chance check out Trevor jones on you tube,the guy really gets involved with his wicking and his tutorials are second to none,very clear up close shots and very detailed videos,he as one up for the engine as well.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hi Shawn,just touching base to see if all is still a ok with the engine tank?
Yup. About 6 tanks through the second build. I've almost been exclusive with this tank for a full week!

I almost feel like I should be buying it a ring...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I pulled the trigger on a black Engine yesterday. I still love my original Crius RTA and after watching several reviews and reading some thoughts on it, finally decided to get one. I always loved the side top fill of OBS stuff especially when out and about. I've dropped top caps, while filling, of other RTAs and had enough of hunting those suckers after they've rolled a seemingly impossible long way.

It's already shipped out and now the wait begins, it will be at least two weeks until it arrives.

franck

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2015
California,USA
I pulled the trigger on a black Engine yesterday. I still love my original Crius RTA and after watching several reviews and reading some thoughts on it, finally decided to get one. I always loved the side top fill of OBS stuff especially when out and about. I've dropped top caps, while filling, of other RTAs and had enough of hunting those suckers after they've rolled a seemingly impossible long way.

It's already shipped out and now the wait begins, it will be at least two weeks until it arrives.
2 weeks :-/ man where did you order it from? That waiting game sucks doesn't it,am waiting for mine as well but should just be a few days,I'll report back once I've gotten to play with it,but reading shawns posts and Eskie posts,am really looking forward to it,may patience be with you lol;-)

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
2 weeks :-/ man where did you order it from? That waiting game sucks doesn't it,am waiting for mine as well but should just be a few days,I'll report back once I've gotten to play with it,but reading shawns posts and Eskie posts,am really looking forward to it,may patience be with you lol;-)
I ordered it from GB, they had it on one of their flash sales for $21 delivered. Waiting sucks, but it was a good deal and I got plenty of tanks to keep me busy. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts once yours arrives. :thumb:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
But how dose it compare to the boreas rta. which is better..?
The Boreas is airier. The Engine provides more flavor. The Boreas deck is a about 3mm larger, but the juice flow holes in the Engines deck are larger. Better is subjective... but the Engine does not leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
After a solid week with this tank, I will say it's now my #1 favorite tank. I love the flavor, it's plenty airy for me, and it doesn't leak. I'm ordering a second one in black as soon as they're back in stock in the US (or if not really soon, just do the long wait/overseas way).

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
After a solid week with this tank, I will say it's now my #1 favorite tank. I love the flavor, it's plenty airy for me, and it doesn't leak. I'm ordering a second one in black as soon as they're back in stock in the US (or if not really soon, just do the long wait/overseas way).

I ordered a black one on Thursday off of eBay for $30. Free shipping USA vendor. I see from the tracking I will get it this afternoon. Really looking forward to coiling this baby up!!

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Mine finally hit usps tracking from fasttech. Should be less then two weeks if it doesn't get hung up in customs!

Quick question for those that have one, is the 510 tall? I'm thinking of picking up a Cool Fire IV 18650 for the Engine but I hear it has a shallow 510 connection. I'm thinking the cool fire because the engine will sit flush on it plus it's small.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

jjandbjvapr

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
S E KY
Mine finally hit usps tracking from fasttech. Should be less then two weeks if it doesn't get hung up in customs!

Quick question for those that have one, is the 510 tall? I'm thinking of picking up a Cool Fire IV 18650 for the Engine but I hear it has a shallow 510 connection. I'm thinking the cool fire because the engine will sit flush on it plus it's small.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
The connector and base are pretty much identical to the Griffin 25 and my Aromamizer Supreme. I have it on my RX 200s and looks great. It is on the short side though but should be amazing on a Cool Fire IV. I almost guarantee you will love it! Hope this helps..
This thing is badass!! Advancedvapesupply. Com has them in stock SD I just got one last week.

Sent from my wx_na_wf using Tapatalk

Sent from my wx_na_wf using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread