Status
Not open for further replies.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I dont have this rta but........
If you have a drill, Twist 3 strands of the 28g together and wrap a couple of 3mmid coils.
I have this in my Boreas at 3.5mm and it works well.
V5JJ.jpg

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
I think 28g might be too thin,it heats up too fast imo.
I always use 26g for up to 60 watts dual coil.
24g for higher but not my preference.
I generally do dual 28 and single 26 ss316l simply because I want a higher resistance to achieve greater temp control accuracy. But I can always try new builds to play with.
Thanks for the reply

TheBMP

Jan 6, 2016
so got my engine today. threw some 3mmØ fused claptons in there, they barely fit but hey it works.
Just pushed the rayon though the holes, wicks just perfect so far. Honestly im impressed with how easy this thing is to work with.

With how cheap one german site is selling it this might be the first rta im going to buy more of (20€ is a steal).

just one thing i noticed is that the screws seem to be more on the bad side. barely could properly tighten my very first build.. then again 24g fused claptons need more force then your average wire i guess...

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Update after 6 or 7 refills:
I didn't have any flooding.
Not a single time.
Haven't tried to stick the cotton in the wick holes yet,but just folding it over them worked great in the first try.
b92c78c9cd13e89083be1fad29913b82.jpg

Very impressed with this one,gonna order one more for the wife in case she starts vaping..

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Update after 6 or 7 refills:
I didn't have any flooding.
Not a single time.
Haven't tried to stick the cotton in the wick holes yet,but just folding it over them worked great in the first try.
b92c78c9cd13e89083be1fad29913b82.jpg

Very impressed with this one,gonna order one more for the wife in case she starts vaping..
Is that a dual 24 or 26? SS316?
If it is a dual 26 ss316L coil, what wattage and temp are you running?

BlackCRX

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Dual 26 ss316l @60 watts. No temp control on this one.
Thanks for the info.
I'm running 50watts at 480F using TCR92.

Update on my "problem" of no flavor and weak vape.
After several attempts of wicking I think I finally got it. I shorted my wick ends, just enough to touch the bottom of the juice deck but most importantly I thinned them out a lot. Now I am getting the great flavor I was expecting based on everyones reviews.

Runamok3x

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
New Paltz, NY, USA

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I ran the wick through the deck holes this morning to test,still no flooding on refill. It feels like it's wicking faster.
How is everybody wicking their engine?

Cut the cotton even with the edge of the base and fold/tuck it under the coil so it covers the hole. On a 3.5 mm ID, I use a 7 mm strip of cotton.
No leaks (of course) no gurgle no spitback no flooding.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Cut the cotton even with the edge of the base and fold/tuck it under the coil so it covers the hole. On a 3.5 mm ID, I use a 7 mm strip of cotton.
No leaks (of course) no gurgle no spitback no flooding.

Very similar. Enough to tuck into the holes, but not all the way through the holes or to the bottom of the deck.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I think this rta is bulletproof,only with 2.5mm coils and lower it has a chance to flood.
I'm at 60vg,even with 50vg on day one it worked perfect.
First rta with no cons for me.

I just went through a move. Needless to say I packed my vape stuff up quite well (glad I saved all those boxes). Both Engines were in use right up until the move and I didn't want to empty and strip them down, so I packed them upright. I had an out of town trip for a week before getting back to my "real" vape stuff instead of my low watt stealthy travel setup. When I finally got to unpacking both Engines were on their side, probably for most/all of the 10 days.

Popped them on mods and found them both to be flooded and the airflow area a little damp. Clearly no surprise there. I decided to vape my way through to see how long it would take to clear (sorta vape lab) and within 5 draws both were vaping fine with nice cloud and flavor! I can't think of another tank I have that would ever survived that sort of storage/treatment while containing juice.

Oh, and all my other tanks WERE drained and cleaned but leaving the mounted wire in before packing. The 2 Engines were the only ones I would take that risk with. Sure, through demented mishandling I could make them flood and ooze, but I didn't expect them to become so well behaved that quickly. Still not something I would recommend trying at home unless you're a professional vaper.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread